BOS meetup @ O-week thread! (2 Viewers)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
hmm, yeah, i think i need to join a gym as well- man there's so much stuff to join, and just not enuf time! :chainsaw:
If you wanna get buff, you should join Fitness First.. they're great.

Originally posted by Winston
thats why im going again tommorow
When did you go? I went there today at around 3pm.. didn't stay long, but I was around.. somewhere.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by xiao1985
sorry guys!!! ='(

i got to usyd lyk, 10 to 9 then, i went to the stalls, n started play chess... when i finished, it was 10 45 already!!!

='(

*sincerest apoligies*
You went to Oweek and ended up playing Chess? LOL. Well I can't really talk, since the net result for myself was not much:

Number of clubs/socs joined as of tonight: 0
Number of lectures attended: 3
Amount of information absorbed: nilch
Amount of money wasted on overpriced sandwiches: $3.85

Collin

HSC
N/A
OMG guys lol we forgot to join the co-op club, its a must or else we wont get discounts.
I actually remembered, but I decided to not remind anyone because that would mean we would have to walk alllllll the way back there.................................. yeah I know I'm evil :lol:

Originally posted by tooheyz
quite a groovy chick?! MuahUAHuah, yeah everybody thinks im some major alcoholhead, but umm, yeah - not really! MauAhuahu,

and umm yeah jkdragon, ur a kool bloke yourself :D

and yeah, the name is MEEEEeYAAAAHHHHH not 'my store myers'
So you're NOT an alcohead? *gluglugluglug* jk.

After discovering how you spelt your name, I actually couldn't blame Winston for the Myer designation.. haha.. hahahahha.

But don't worry, I'll try to not call you Myer.. err I mean.. lalal.

doh! >.<
I second that.

LoL, but how could he have recognised us anyways?
Well it's pretty easy, just look for a guy who resembles Saddam, another guy who is Caucasian with a heavy English accent, and a chick who doesn't stop drinking.. TADAAAAAAAAAAA......... lol.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wyvern
i ended up with 4 identical religion newsletters........they kept forcing me to take one
HAHAA, yeah man, I got home and realized I had 3 of those religious BBQ postcard thingys.

I guess the only thing that was actually useful in some respect from all the freebies were the condoms.

.. now I just gotta figure out how to use them.. DERRR *puts it on thumb* hmm that doesn't seem right :confused: jk.

And yeah, I also got 2 tampons too, you chicks can have that lol.

Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
yeah i learnt the hard way
I think any reasonable sentensical statement comprising of the noun 'library' is boring, lol.

Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i slept through that essays lecture perfectly well :p
If only the lectures were given by Doctor Karl Krusomething. Man that guy is funny..

Collin

HSC
N/A
yeah...thats the point, if u wanna do that, u gotta study an extra year- but an arts degree by itself is really a waste of money! :D
I'd only ever do arts, if it was within a combined degrees context.. a single arts degree does seem a BIT wastish of a time for 3 years of your life.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
woah jkdragon! whats with the quadriple posting?!

trying to increase ur post count aye?!

Originally posted by JKDDragon
If you wanna get buff, you should join Fitness First.. they're great.
yeah im gonna join the gym man - im suffering from muscle rotting.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
You went to Oweek and ended up playing Chess? LOL. Well I can't really talk, since the net result for myself was not much:

Number of clubs/socs joined as of tonight: 0
Number of lectures attended: 3
Amount of information absorbed: nilch
Amount of money wasted on overpriced sandwiches: $3.85
oh wellz... =p

my stat at the end of day 2 in o wk:

clubs joined: 4-5
chess game played: around 20
games won: 2
games drawn 0
lectures attended: 0
money spent on vanilla coke: 4.60

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nah, I post for each page i.e one post for page 20, one for 21 etc.. or else I'd have to copy and paste my one post progressively, if that makes sense.

Hah, building muscle for me is pretty difficult, as I'm trying to lower body fat percentage aswell as inducing fibre growth, kind of a dilemma as methods used to burn fat such as low-intensity cardiovascular exercise also burn a reasonable high percentage of protein (approx. 2-5%), while high intensity will also burn fat via similar aerobic respiratory processes, but the percentage will lean further towards carbohydrates.
So conclusively, I could either build muscle fast, but also end up as a fat slob.. or build muscle slow.. but also retain a good body fat percentage.

Oh another thing, I can't make it to the tour tomorrow.. sorrrrrrryy, I'll PM you my mobile number so we can meet up next week or something. I gotta help my step-dad ferry some furniture around the place tomorrow.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Does that mean you lost around 18 games Xiao? LOL.

Wyvern

HSC

Hah, building muscle for me is pretty difficult, as I'm trying to lower body fat percentage aswell as inducing fibre growth, kind of a dilemma as methods used to burn fat such as low-intensity cardiovascular exercise also burn a reasonable high percentage of protein (approx. 2-5%), while high intensity will also burn fat via similar aerobic respiratory processes, but the percentage will lean further towards carbohydrates.
So conclusively, I could either build muscle fast, but also end up as a fat slob.. or build muscle slow.. but also retain a good body fat percentage.
have you tried HIIT as a form of cardio? you still lose muscle but at a far smaller rate then if you use conventional cardio exercise

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I regularly perform HIIT, usually as a tag on after my aerobics running. It certainly is great, is it not?

The obvious advantage with HIIT is that your basal metabolic rate is raised, and raised in a physiological state to induce a higher fat burning mode for many hours, but you also burn off an astounding amount of carbohydrates during the session, which is why I only ever do HIIT for probably 15 minutes maximum. Of course, you can just argue that you can easily regain the lost glycogen stores by eating more food, but food right after cardiovascular exercises tend to diminish the aftermath efficiency of them.. , and if I don't eat steadily, I jeopardise my chances of gaining muscle at high efficiency. But of course, there is no denying the overall advantages of HIIT. I do it more and more now, especially if I'm short on time.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
If you wanna get buff, you should join Fitness First.. they're great....
man, fitness first is a rip off costs like $900 per year, and plus i haven't got my P's yet to drive there (since its not near to any train station). so yeah, i'm just using the reason that i don't have "Ps" to delay getting fit. :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well, sure they aren't the cheapest gyms around, but they are one of the best equipped gyms I've ever been to. Most individually owned gyms lack alot of little things essential to effective hypertrophy and general fibre development.

For example, when I started lifting weights awhile back, I couldn't do one chinup, but Fitness First had one of those assisted chinups machines, which most other gyms tend to lack. But chinups are a key exercise for developing your triceps, biceps, back muscles etc. and without that machine, chances are I would of have left a huge hole in my routine. They are just so well equiped, I wouldn't consider joining any other gym. Plus, I could drive you there, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)