Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
:) its good to have a rational human being here this evening. i find it so hard to find your (our) kind anywhere, wesnat.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Actually, TwistedD, a lot of people in the BOS board, including Generator are such reasonable people.

I think that it's not wrong for people to THINK that Corby is guilty or innocent (it depends on their opinions), and they're understandably basing their opinions on gut feelings (which can be influenced by the media either way). But those who are SO SURE of her innocence or her guilt are just being naive, quite simply.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think the indonesian governement are bastards! they have always had a grudge against australia. they are loving the fact that we are getting all worked up about it! do they seriously care what hapens in australia after the decision. no they dont.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Asquithian said:
This was no different from any other drugs case heard in indonesia.
Actually they gave her a much reduced sentence than normal drug related cases, statistics will show.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
wrong_turn said:
i think the indonesian governement are bastards! they have always had a grudge against australia. they are loving the fact that we are getting all worked up about it! do they seriously care what hapens in australia after the decision. no they dont.
That better be sarcastic :/

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A

Daily Telegraph

Nation's fury over verdict

By CINDY WOCKNER in Denpasar, Bali

May 28, 2005
"Corby received 10 times the sentence given to accused Bali terror mastermind Abu Bakir Bashir"

I really can't believe this...its disgusting.
It seems that the judges think that what Schapelle "apparently" did in this case was worse then being a terroist mastermind. Where is the justice?

Also I wonder what the verdict would have been if she was a muslim?(since Indoinesias main religion is islam and 88%of people are muslim)
I doubt she would have got 20yrs and a fine???considering that Abu Bakir Bashir got off so lightly for plotting terrorists attacks which killed and injured hundreds of innocent people.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The terrorist thing was something unanticipated by Indonesian law at the time, right now it's my understanding that such acts would leave the perpetrators dangling from a rope.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
OMG, you read the Telegraph?

If she was a Muslim, she might get death sentence, as is normally, and has been the case in Indonesia. In fact, many people there think that the Judges succumbed to Australia's plea, since 20 years is considered lenient for drug trafficking over there.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
The Daily Telegraph IS disgusting.
is that all you could think of ?

Wesnat said:
OMG, you read the Telegraph?

If she was a Muslim, she might get death sentence, as is normally, and has been the case in Indonesia. In fact, many people there think that the Judges succumbed to Australia's plea, since 20 years is considered lenient for drug trafficking over there.
Why should she get 20yrs when a terroists who plans to murder innocent people gets 2 years? Don't you see anything wrong with that?

mahuligan

HSC
didnt u just read withoutaface's post?!

and the telegraph is disgusting. its the most pathetic newspaper ever sold and should be placed along side soapie mags instead of next to other newspapers

mahuligan

HSC
Wesnat said:
I think at the end of the day, the case reeks of injustice, no matter which point of view you have.
exactly..it could be viewed like that from both sides. to low a sentance or to high a sentance...

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
Why should she get 20yrs when a terroists who plans to murder innocent people gets 2 years? Don't you see anything wrong with that?
No justice system is perfect. Bashir was using plotholes in the law that existed at the time (someone pointed out that the terrorism law was just formed), plus he was backed up by one of the best lawyer from Jakarta (unlike Corby's rather weak defence team).

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
The laws have changed. If you want to make comparisons, you should make comparisons with the most recent cases (all of which have been death sentences), otherwise we'd still be in the Middle Ages.

I also think you overlook the significance of drug smuggling. It's not a small issue. How many lives could you destroy with 4kgs of marijuana?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
mahuligan said:
didnt u just read withoutaface's post?!

and the telegraph is disgusting. its the most pathetic newspaper ever sold and should be placed along side soapie mags instead of next to other newspapers
So what its the truth!! its not just some bullshit the newspaper made up.
Besides we are not talking about newspapers here.

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
So what its the truth!! its not just some bullshit the newspaper made up.
It's in the Telegraph, it must be the truth!
Gee, why didn't I think of that before?

You astound me.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Yes. Don't be dictated by the media. They give you facts, but the way you put your facts together should depend on your own mind. Sometimes the media arrange facts in such a way to force a particular point of view down people's throats.

Man, I LOVE HSC English's "Telling the Truth". Perhaps the only (very) useful topic in that subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)