Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (3 Viewers)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
But what I can't understand is, how they can justify giving 20 years to someone for having a bit of pot, yet someone who blows up a nightclub and kills hundreds of people gets 2 years. A bit fucked up that is, it should be the other way round but I guess keeping drugs out is more important to indonesia than keeping murderers our :vcross: /rant
Exactly!! I agree!!
I posted this earlier on but was mainly criticised for reading the Daily Telegraph-
OZGIRL86 said:

Daily Telegraph

Nation's fury over verdict

By CINDY WOCKNER in Denpasar, Bali

May 28, 2005
"Corby received 10 times the sentence given to accused Bali terror mastermind Abu Bakir Bashir"

I really can't believe this...its disgusting.
It seems that the judges think that what Schapelle "apparently" did in this case was worse then being a terroist mastermind. Where is the justice?

Also I wonder what the verdict would have been if she was a muslim?(since Indoinesias main religion is islam and 88%of people are muslim)
I doubt she would have got 20yrs and a fine???considering that Abu Bakir Bashir got off so lightly for plotting terrorists attacks which killed and injured hundreds of innocent people.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
the rest get the death penality.

I bet the daily didnt mention that :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

So what? That still dosn't excuse the fact that the "mastermind" got off lightly with only 2 years.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
the fact that asqy, korn, or anyone cannot name names despite their existance proves that the media is selective, manipulative etc with what they show to the australian public

proves other things, but i'd only start fights.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
You really are the dumbest person on the forum.

If you had one synapase left on your brain you would have realised my post was not about the media.

What does it tell you what we no one can name any other non White Australian's who are on death row in Asian for similar crimes but we all care for Corby?
How are the general public meant to find out about other Aussies in prison except for the media? How do you find out all this? Is it accessable to the general public? Would the general public be able to find this information quite easily?

It is the media's responsibilty to inform the public, and if they dont only the media can be held responsible. If ppl are this peeved about Corby, im sure there is a possibility that they will react the same way to the others if they appear to be "innocent"

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
At this point I can never get over the fact that there is unbelievable number of insanely stupid people.

...why do you think he got two years? Tell me. Or is it because the Inodnesian's are awful awful people that have no heart and have locked up a poor innocent youg girl who would not hurt a fly!

While you are at it tell why Corby is obviously innocent?
Yes are your one of them...
Now you want me to explain myself?
Asquithian said:
But you bias is so astounding that it really is not worth it.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
for the love of god before I totally loose faith in humanity

TELL ME WHY YOU THINK SHE IS 100% INNOCENT

Tell me I'm dying to know what she is the most innocent person on the face of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

please please please.

I'm begging you.

JUST PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. TELL WHY YOU ARE CONVINCIED SHE IS INNOCENT.

PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE
I couldnt say she is guilty or innocent, as there is proof to support both arguements. It may be that there is more evidence to support her innocence that the public is aware of

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
for the love of god before I totally loose faith in humanity

TELL ME WHY YOU THINK SHE IS 100% INNOCENT

Tell me I'm dying to know what she is the most innocent person on the face of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

please please please.

I'm begging you.

JUST PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. TELL WHY YOU ARE CONVINCIED SHE IS INNOCENT.

PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE
Asquithian why are you so interested? Didn't you say my thoughts are coloured by notions of Aussiecentrinism?

Asquithian said:
...if you had one ounce of indepenant thought that was not coloured by notions of Aussiecentrinism I would give you a serious answer.
You didn't want to give me a serious answer so why should I explain myself to you? :rolleyes:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
Thats the point :rolleyes:

I'm not saying she is innocent or guilty.

I just want someone to please for love of god tell me why they think she is so innocent and what the hell they base that on.
Well im assuming that they base it on:
* the selling price of the weed in Bali Vs Sydney
*The testimony of the pedo (yes, hearsay & on its own should be dismissed)
*The drug transport ring between Bris & Sydney using luggage and baggage handlers to load and unload drugs
*The absence of tests to establish the weight of Corby's bag before and after trip
*the lack of testing of the weed to establsih where it came from (less important as it is likely to have come from Aust even if the smuggling ring are to blame)
*The weed bag was in plain view near top of bag (wouldnt u do a better job of hiding it?)

Hows that, that good enough for ya?

Now I now some of the evidence for her guilt, but do u wish to add to it?

- Allegedy tried to stop customs officers inspecting bag
- Allegedy confessed to ownership of weed (this was bad translation wasnt it)
- The drugs were in her bag
- Alleged multiple visits to Bali recently

Last edited:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Lol asqy no one is going to answer you because no one here can say yes she is innocent or yes she is guilty. Why don't you all just admit you don't know the truth so asq can get over it

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well im assuming that they base it on:
* the selling price of the weed in Bali Vs Sydney
Well many have said that the pot in Australia is of a higher quality or something of that nature, and would therefore fetch a higher-price in some markets of bali.

*The testimony of the pedo (yes, hearsay & on its own should be dismissed)
It definately should be dismissed, it doesn't really add anything to the case and he's not credible at all, as the judges said, he's serving life... he probably just wanted to get some fresh air.

*The drug transport ring between Bris & Sydney using luggage and baggage handlers to load and unload drugs
Does this exist? If so then I'd say it's up to the Australian government to investigate and try to find solid evidence that this was going on and use it in an appeal. I believe they simply used a newspaper story about the possibility of a drug trafficing ring as evidence :rolleyes:

*The absence of tests to establish the weight of Corby's bag before and after trip
I dunno why this matters, unless your claiming that Qantas themselves are covering this up. They only keep these records for 72 hours anyway, sounds like nothing out of the ordinary...

*the lack of testing of the weed to establsih where it came from (less important as it is likely to have come from Aust even if the smuggling ring are to blame)
I too think this is slightly odd, tho I'm sure there was some reason why they didn't want to test it, probably because as you claim... it didn't really matter.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
Lol asqy no one is going to answer you because no one here can say yes she is innocent or yes she is guilty. Why don't you all just admit you don't know the truth so asq can get over it
Of course we don't know the truth, only she does.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I honestly haven't seen many 'unbias' law professionals and by this I mean university professors, etc, come out and say that the evidence seems to be pointing towards her innocence.
From what I've heard it's a bit of a concensus that the evidence seems to sway towards her guilt...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I honestly haven't seen many 'unbias' law professionals and by this I mean university professors, etc, come out and say that the evidence seems to be pointing towards her innocence.
From what I've heard it's a bit of a concensus that the evidence seems to sway towards her guilt...
Thats what i was thinking after looking at the short evidence list i posted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)