Burn a flag :) (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
no idiot my other account which got banned was 'hiphophorray123'

and yes i dont actually think flag-burners should be put to death so it IS a joke and it IS a hyperbole.

fucking stupid muslims

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, but you made a point of saying that burning the flag is freedom of speech while stating that the other two is burning a holy book and you'll go to hell - quite easy to mistake that for support for banning the act.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
no idiot my other account which got banned was 'hiphophorray123'

and yes i dont actually think flag-burners should be put to death so it IS a joke and it IS a hyperbole.

fucking stupid muslims
ITS THE JEW'S FAULT THAT UR STUPID. BLAME THEM

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
FREEDOM OF SPEECH - IS WHEN YOU CAN EXPRESS YOUR VIEWS WITHOUT BEING AN IDIOT AND RESPECTING OTHERS PEOPLES VALUES.
What are you on about? In freedom of speech you can disprect other people's values and can be an idiot, but not violently. Stay out of this thread, as in the other thread sasha called you a "fucking annoying troll, or are you really that stupid??" and i think it is the latter.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
funnybunny said:
What are you on about? In freedom of speech you can disprect other people's values and can be an idiot, but not violently. Stay out of this thread, as in the other thread sasha called you a "fucking annoying troll, or are you really that stupid??" and i think it is the latter.
'VIOLENTLY' - WTF

HOW DO GET IT TO BE 'VIOLENTLY' - BY DISRESPECT U NUT.

funnybunny

HSC
"Yes, but you made a point of saying that burning the flag is freedom of speech while stating that the other two is burning a holy book and you'll go to hell - quite easy to mistake that for support for banning the act." Actually no...i even said that you'll prob go to hell which no way suppports banning instead it suggests that it is wrong. NTB, you make too many assumptioons

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
funnybunny said:
"Yes, but you made a point of saying that burning the flag is freedom of speech while stating that the other two is burning a holy book and you'll go to hell - quite easy to mistake that for support for banning the act." Actually no...i even said that you'll prob go to hell which no way suppports banning instead it suggests that it is wrong. NTB, you make too many assumptioons
Calling one of the acts freedom of speech, and the other two acts which will get you into hell shows some pretty extreme views ;)

funnybunny

HSC
"Calling one of the acts freedom of speech, and the other two acts which will get you into hell shows some pretty extreme views " Again you change the subject, they may be extreme views, so what? It doesn;t mean it should be banned :)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
if you really do want to burn a flag, do it at a private place, not in a public area. perhaps in ur backyard, or in the garage. but no, not in a park, or in a shopping centre, let alone at uni. We have to be concious about many people who believe in what values and ideals that flag stands for.

But you see, this defeats the whole purpose because the people doing it want to shove themselves in the public eye and draw attention to themselves, like omg i can light a match and look what i can do burn stuff and aint no-one gonna stop me. They need to get over the attitude already.

Riewe

HSC
if they like burning flags so much, maybe we can send the flag burners to Saudi Arabia or Iran and get them to burn those country's flags over there, and then we'll see if they like burning flags so much.

Optophobia

HSC
Abz06 said:
ive neva seen such racism in my life i neva thought learned people like sum of u could be so racist.. why turn a cultural issue into a religious issue shame on you and shame on ppl just like u
What?

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
funnybunny said:
"Would you apologise if one of your ancestors hurt someone in the past? Meaning would you apologise to that person's ancestor? If you would why? It was not your mistake, you shouldn't have o apologise for something you did not do. Take responsibility for your own actions - not some one else's ." Why do people like you try to forget or not care about such incidents, yet continue to glorify events like Anzacx, etc.??

What are you spitting out \Mary Maclese's speech. Before you do that, actually understand it properly. In her speech she refers to acts of freedom ofspeech leads to terrorr etc. Burning a flag doesn't cause terror or an unsafe enviornment if done properly. It is the basic freedom of speech it represents, maybe people like you take it out of context and think it's disrespecting Australia., well too bad for you.
How can burning a national flag be a freedom of speech? Actually how can it? Because you have the right to? Would you go burn the coat of arms? Is that freedom of speech? I really would like to know how people like you can think that burning a flag can be freedom of speech. Have your parents brought you up to hate the government, hate what this country gives you?

I do not attempt to forget what occurred in the past, I just recognise that it IS in the past, and at some point we have to move on and better ourselves and our society. Why are you criticising the Anzacs? I don't think we glorify them in such, we may look up to them because they had the bravery to actually fight for what they believed in, and they protected this nation? They fought for this country and the fought for the freedoms you so easily take for granted.

I have no idea who Mary Maclease is, and I wasn't "spitting out" her speech. I was simply trying to state my point. If you were referring to the Irish President her name is McAleese, not Maclease.

It is a sad indication of where today's society is headed when Australia has youths like you who don't truly understand and respect Australia and it's people.

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
lourai*87 said:
But you see, this defeats the whole purpose because the people doing it want to shove themselves in the public eye and draw attention to themselves, like omg i can light a match and look what i can do burn stuff and aint no-one gonna stop me. They need to get over the attitude already.
ah what can you do...*shake his head* what can u do? what message does flag burning actually give? OH wow look! freedom of speech! yes, yes, public onlookers can see that, but is it necessarily to have to go around burning flags to demonstrate your PRIVELIGED right to freedom of speech? if you really do hate the government, speak or write to your local MP about it, or submit an article for the 'opinions' column in major newspapers.

oh, as a side note, SOME people - and i only say SOME people - classify flag burning as arson, and could probably take you to court on the case of public nuisance.

now, the final message: if you really want to burn a flag, do it in ur own private place. YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS STILL UPHELD AND EXERCISED.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)