Burnout (1 Viewer)

nightweaver066

HSC
What exactly does one mean by burnt out?

Just the feeling of not wanting to do anything and basically "ceebs"?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
How can we argue this hugely subjective notion? (influenced by god know how many factors)

enoilgam

HSC
The primary cause of burnout isnt the work itself - but the pressure and stress of doing well. When I did the HSC the work itself was easy to handle - you just have to toughen up. But the stress and pressure, especially from within, is what is difficult to deal with and thats what primarily fuels burnout. It often happens to people who set unrealistic goals - it is extremely demoralising to see your goal slip away despite your best efforts. Thats my personal take on burnout anyways.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The primary cause of burnout isnt the work itself - but the pressure and stress of doing well. When I did the HSC the work itself was easy to handle - you just have to toughen up. But the stress and pressure, especially from within, is what is difficult to deal with and thats what primarily fuels burnout. It often happens to people who set unrealistic goals - it is extremely demoralising to see your goal slip away despite your best efforts. Thats my personal take on burnout anyways.
I would rep you for that if i could lol

bertstare

HSC
What exactly does one mean by burnt out?

Just the feeling of not wanting to do anything and basically "ceebs"?
When you just feel like you "ceebs" to do anything because you think you're physically and mentally tired of it all.

Pretty much as though your mind just finished a marathon

nightweaver066

HSC
When you just feel like you "ceebs" to do anything because you think you're physically and mentally tired of it all.

Pretty much as though your mind just finished a marathon
I've been in that state for the past few weeks lol

FreeLearner

HSC
I seem to always feel "burnout" by the end of each day, then when I wake up the next day I usually feel optimistic again :p.... Its very dynamic for me some days I seem to study better than others.. I study best on days when I've done something encouraging like got high in a past paper etc. Just keep yourself motivated and you should be fine!

bertstare

HSC
Re: Is it possible to be among the best without coaching?

If you don't have a diagnosed psychological condition, then yes, it is the biggest joke. I find it hilarious.
I could not agree more.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

LOL this is so funny how your logic absolutely sucks.

Of course the sprinter can't practice 'limitlessly' as in 16 hours at a time, just like how no one can study that long (it's physically impossible). But the sprinter can, if he/she is determined enough, practice a few hours every single day, just like a determined student can study 4-6 hours a day.
I think the problem here is we have different ideas of what "burning out" entails. In terms of the HSC, for me it means when a student studies excessively to the point they suffer significant mental and emotional strain, resulting in impaired performance in a test. It is a FACT that an excessive amount of studying and stress can cause this.

RANK 1

HSC

i experience an opposite of burning out, i just reach a stage where i just dont give a shit about what happens and do the exam without study and regret it afterwards.

AbsoluteValue

HSC
What a sad day it is to lose rep
:( It is easy but, it is nothing compared to uni.
I mean if you get 90% in all subjects in trials and external you will definitely get 99+ especially if you do high scaled subjects.
and understanding the content isn't difficult by any means, it is all about how consistent you are and how hard you work.
I think saying "HSC is easy" might not be the best way to express what I mean, but getting a high atar isn't that hard if you know what I mean.

deswa1

HSC
:( It is easy but, it is nothing compared to uni.
I mean if you get 90% in all subjects in trials and external you will definitely get 99+ especially if you do high scaled subjects.
and understanding the content isn't difficult by any means, it is all about how consistent you are and how hard you work.
I think saying "HSC is easy" might not be the best way to express what I mean, but getting a high atar isn't that hard if you know what I mean.
This isn't a very easy thing- are you going for .95?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Yes, burning out may seem a myth to people who haven't actually burnt out. A very close friend of mine burnt out. And it wasn't because she was lazy; she is one of the most motivated people I know. She ended up getting 99+ and worked ridiculously hard all year and burnt out after the trials. And by burnt out I mean entering a state of extreme exhaustion where she just didn't work. Remember, human beings are not machines. We're not made to study 24 hours a day. We need a balance. So yes, I believe burning out exists. It's a fact: if you do anything that's mentally/physically strenuous constantly for long periods of time, you're going to burn out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)