business studies essay tips?? please help (1 Viewer)

Sapling

HSC
Hi guys, how do I approach a business essay with a case study?

1. do I use more of the case study or the theory?
e.g the 30-70 rule.
- is it better to do 30% theory and 70% case study or 70% theory and 30% case study?

2. is a business essay the similar structure to economics? like DPEEL.

3. which case study business/s would be best for marketing?

4. also what is the most likely question for marketing essay? influences, processes (SWOT), or strategies?

BOS101

HSC
Hello i do business studies as well im decent at it but i would take this advice lightly:

1. I have personally never heard of the 30-70 rule. But if i had to estimate what I do, yeah it would be 70% theory and 30% case study. For business essays I would opt for more theory content. The case study only takes a small chunk of the paragraph because when you go to explain it, you are essentially explaining it with your theory knowledge.

2. I don't do economics so i wouldnt know, but i would assume the business structure is similar to economics if all you're doing is elaborating, giving an example, and then explaining the example. But yeah dont get too worried about following an exact structure, just make sure you have everything you need.

3. you can use anything but some really good ones are mcdonalds, apple and qantas.

4. i have no idea but ima guess strategies? 😂 nah idk i would actually like to know the answer to that too lol

Sapling

HSC
Hello i do business studies as well im decent at it but i would take this advice lightly:

1. I have personally never heard of the 30-70 rule. But if i had to estimate what I do, yeah it would be 70% theory and 30% case study. For business essays I would opt for more theory content. The case study only takes a small chunk of the paragraph because when you go to explain it, you are essentially explaining it with your theory knowledge.

2. I don't do economics so i wouldnt know, but i would assume the business structure is similar to economics if all you're doing is elaborating, giving an example, and then explaining the example. But yeah dont get too worried about following an exact structure, just make sure you have everything you need.

3. you can use anything but some really good ones are mcdonalds, apple and qantas.

4. i have no idea but ima guess strategies? 😂 nah idk i would actually like to know the answer to that too lol
thank you so much!!

Sapling

HSC
1. I'd say a 50/50 split is good. It's best to talk about how particular marketing strategies or tools are used by the business/how a business is affected by an influence and how this is evident through their practices, schemes or promotions.

2. Sure you can use DPEEL, PEEL also works fine, as long as you have some sort of structure within your paragraphs.

3. I used Subway, McDonalds and Aldi, but any business works fine.

4. Strategies most of the time, but get ready because any combination/type of question can be asked. The best advice I could give is learn how to bs (no I am not kidding), because the question might asked for a super niche/specific thing so it's a good idea to make up stuff (in your case study) because they won't check if its genuine, ultimately they want to see if you are able to apply business terminology to a case study.

If you want, I can send you a paragraph so you can get a general gist of how it should be structured :)
Thank you so so much! I would very much appreciate your sampler paragraph!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)