Business Studies HSC (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'm doing google!!! OMG their workplace is amazing! 20% free time... Free food, gym, etc *.* You guys should check it out :)
I think that's all related to improved productivity. Nonetheless, they still make them work hard as fuck when work needs to be done, inb490hrweeks

Yes :). I want to get a internship there.
They're at Pyrmont yeah?

I thought you didn't like the IT side of your course...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that's all related to improved productivity. Nonetheless, they still make them work hard as fuck when work needs to be done, inb490hrweeks

They're at Pyrmont yeah?

I thought you didn't like the IT side of your course...
I'll see :p

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Yeah true... But you get free food !!!! :0
Would you work in IB just because they give you free dinner every night, which you can choose from the best/most expensive restaurants in the cbd?

same shit really

scenario

HSC
From what I remember its like you hiring hit men to harass someone that owes you money...a little.

Lets say person A owes you $2000 and lags paying it. You can sell this account receivable to a factoring business for $1500. The factoring company then tries to get the $2000 from person A which will allow them $500 profit and will save you the cost of debt collection and give you access to immediate funds.

well...that's how I remember it anyway.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
someone clearly explains fifo and lifo. little confused. use numerical value examples ty

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
someone clearly explains fifo and lifo. little confused. use numerical value examples ty
FIFO is where the first inventory that was purchased is sold first... LIFO is where the inventory that was purchased last is sold first...
E.g... We have 17 cars (purchased today) and 18 bikes (purchased last week)...

IF 20 PRODUCTS WERE SOLD......
> LIFO: 17 cars sold, and then 3 bikes
> FIFO: 18 BIKES and 2 CARS.

THe main purpose of LIFO and FIFO is for creative accounting ( to manipulate accounting figures), so if the initial purchases were less expensive, the profit on the profit and loss statement can be higher. If the later purchases were more expensive, LIFO is used to reduce the amount of tax that the business pays (REVENUE - COGS - EXPENSES).

Last edited:

SuperMike96

HSC
95 +

Doubting myself though, trials really killed my self confidence.
Yeah I'm aiming for a band 6. I managed to get 77% raw in the trial just by learning the syllabus skeleton alone (not even case studies). Hopefully I can pull into a band 6 with a little more preparation :D

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah I'm aiming for a band 6. I managed to get 77% raw in the trial just by learning the syllabus skeleton alone (not even case studies). Hopefully I can pull into a band 6 with a little more preparation :D
It's so much harder to get the last 10 marks compared to the first 10, have this in mind.

Learn the content in depth, knowing the syllabus will only get you so far. Good job though, best way to cram is learning the syllabus.

Achievable man. Especially since you have some sort of interest.
Except HR fmd

I'm not sure, i'm overviewing the stuff now and section 3 scares me...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It's so much harder to get the last 10 marks compared to the first 10, have this in mind.

Learn the content in depth, knowing the syllabus will only get you so far. Good job though, best way to cram is learning the syllabus.

Except HR fmd

I'm not sure, i'm overviewing the stuff now and section 3 scares me...
TBH, section three is the most unpredictable to get marks in for some reason. Everyone's underperformance is usually linked to section three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)