Business Studies HSC (1 Viewer)

jkdd

HSC
What is everyone aiming for in business?
hopefully a 90+ since i got 89% in trials, but i feel so under prepared for the business exam
btw, does anyone know if they will give us the the ratio on a financial ratio question like last year?

jess_1495

HSC
Anyone know a good thread that will show how to properly structure/write a good business report? I did kinda poorly in the trial with those, and its my best overall ranking mark and subject so Id like to maximise it even further. I never knew more then 1 case study was essential either, I have one big one on quantas and then 4 small ones for each topic? Do I need more

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone know a good thread that will show how to properly structure/write a good business report? I did kinda poorly in the trial with those, and its my best overall ranking mark and subject so Id like to maximise it even further. I never knew more then 1 case study was essential either, I have one big one on quantas and then 4 small ones for each topic? Do I need more
Executive,
> outlines name of business and relevant issues
> outlines what will be talked about
> Shows understanding of the report!

Discussion/body
>Headings
>Subheadings
>Bullets (OPTIONAL)
>Diagrams or charts (OPTIONAL)
>Statistics ( MUST BE RELEVANT)
>Reference to case study

Conclusion
>Summary of main points discussed
>Future prospects of the business

jess_1495

HSC
Executive,
> outlines name of business and relevant issues
> outlines what will be talked about
> Shows understanding of the report!

Discussion/body
>Headings
>Subheadings
>Bullets (OPTIONAL)
>Diagrams or charts (OPTIONAL)
>Statistics ( MUST BE RELEVANT)
>Reference to case study

Conclusion
>Summary of main points discussed
>Future prospects of the business
Thanks heaps! Should we only make reference to one case study in each report?

jess_1495

HSC
You can make reference to how many case studies you want :)
The more the better? Or don't over do it and rather show your knowledge? Will their generally be one extended response with a stimulus and the other with two questions to choose from?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The more the better? Or don't over do it and rather show your knowledge? Will their generally be one extended response with a stimulus and the other with two questions to choose from?
Two to three should be suffice ... Make sure you can go into detail !

Examine

same
HSC
Don't make references to case studies in section 3, make sure that you write Qantas instead of Quantas, and when using case studies it doesn't matter whether you use one of multiple, just as long as it sufficiently addresses the question. I personally used 3-4 last year when I was doing my HSC exam for business and ended up getting 18/20 for section 4, while one of the state rankers only used Qantas and judging by his state rank, went well too.

jess_1495

HSC
Don't make references to case studies in section 3, make sure that you write Qantas instead of Quantas, and when using case studies it doesn't matter whether you use one of multiple, just as long as it sufficiently addresses the question. I personally used 3-4 last year when I was doing my HSC exam for business and ended up getting 18/20 for section 4, while one of the state rankers only used Qantas and judging by his state rank, went well too.
Not sure why my mac auto corrected Qantas to be spelt like that, thats a little embarrassing. But thank you. I think I'm going to stick with 2 or 3 just in case.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I guess it just depends how relevant it is to the content, similar to the use of statistics and trends in eco essays.

I normally do Qantas in detail, and if any other businesses come to my head during the exam for a specific point i will talk about that as well. I wouldn't really recommend it though if you don't keep up to date with current issues or don't have a good general understanding of the business world.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
should ur extended response case study question essay, be an essay about the syllabus topic with case study embedded, ie marketing is blah blah, this can be seen in Qantas, or completely case study material

Examine

same
HSC
I guess it just depends how relevant it is to the content, similar to the use of statistics and trends in eco essays.

I normally do Qantas in detail, and if any other businesses come to my head during the exam for a specific point i will talk about that as well. I wouldn't really recommend it though if you don't keep up to date with current issues or don't have a good general understanding of the business world.
Yeah definitely, I only used multiple case studies because I felt that they were more relevant to the question than my Qantas information. It can come off as gimmicky though if you don't fully understand the business you are talking about.

jess_1495

HSC
Yeah definitely, I only used multiple case studies because I felt that they were more relevant to the question than my Qantas information. It can come off as gimmicky though if you don't fully understand the business you are talking about.
Thanks guys :) Very helpful.

Examine

same
HSC
should ur extended response case study question essay, be an essay about the syllabus topic with case study embedded, ie marketing is blah blah, this can be seen in Qantas, or completely case study material
I can't speak on behalf of everyone and what would be the recommended method because of my decreasing level of exposure to the subject over time, though I remember doing it the way I bolded for the hsc.

Examine

same
HSC
On the flip side by using multiple case studies it shows that you have a holistic understanding of the business world which isn't just limited to Qantas.

Examine

same
HSC
Anyway this was something I came up with last year for one of the learn to dot points. It's basically just notes on how operations strategies help businesses in achieving their business goals/sustaining a competitive advantage that I wrote up before the exam. (unfortunately I ended up not using this part lol)

In no way am I saying they're good but they might be useful if you are looking for some quick reading.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3rdjzf4b48jhsqd/Operations_strategies.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)