Business Studies Marathon (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Time to make things a bit more interesting, here's a short answer question:

With reference to TWO stakeholders, explain the benefits of truth and accuracy in advertising. (4 marks)

@David3sber

HSC
I need help answering this question. Explain how the marketing mix is used to assist a business achieve its marketing objectives 20 marks. How much detail must we go in talking about each of the 4 Ps of marketing.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I need help answering this question. Explain how the marketing mix is used to assist a business achieve its marketing objectives 20 marks. How much detail must we go in talking about each of the 4 Ps of marketing.
There are important key words in this question:

Explain how the marketing mix is used to assist a business achieve its marketing objectives

The marketing mix will be the basis of your response, meaning you must elaborate on it throughout. The marketing mix is comprised of:
  • Product
  • Price
  • Promotion
  • Place
Specific concepts that you elaborate on within each of the 4P's of marketing should come under the marketing strategies component of the HSC Marketing topic.

Marketing objectives are the realistic and measurable goals to be achieved through the marketing plan. In terms of your response, you are meant to establish the way in which the marketing mix allows a business to reach favourable outcomes, manifested in the marketing objectives.

Marketing objectives come under the marketing process component of the HSC Marketing topic. Examples of marketing objectives include:
  • Increasing market share
  • Expanding the product range
  • Enhancing customer service
Assuming this is a Section IV question, you need to ensure you incorporate relevant case study material throughout your response to support your main points.

I hope this helps! :D

@David3sber

HSC
There are important key words in this question:

Explain how the marketing mix is used to assist a business achieve its marketing objectives

The marketing mix will be the basis of your response, meaning you must elaborate on it throughout. The marketing mix is comprised of:
  • Product
  • Price
  • Promotion
  • Place
Specific concepts that you elaborate on within each of the 4P's of marketing should come under the marketing strategies component of the HSC Marketing topic.

Marketing objectives are the realistic and measurable goals to be achieved through the marketing plan. In terms of your response, you are meant to establish the way in which the marketing mix allows a business to reach favourable outcomes, manifested in the marketing objectives.

Marketing objectives come under the marketing process component of the HSC Marketing topic. Examples of marketing objectives include:
  • Increasing market share
  • Expanding the product range
  • Enhancing customer service
Assuming this is a Section IV question, you need to ensure you incorporate relevant case study material throughout your response to support your main points.

I hope this helps! :D
I've got this part covered thanks for your help though. Im confused as to how much I need to write for each topic. For example, for the promotion mix, is it necessary to go through each topic. Also, do I have to talk about the entire marketing mix, or can I pick and choose 2 or 3 out of the 4?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I've got this part covered thanks for your help though. Im confused as to how much I need to write for each topic. For example, for the promotion mix, is it necessary to go through each topic. Also, do I have to talk about the entire marketing mix, or can I pick and choose 2 or 3 out of the 4?
It wouldn't be necessary to go through each element of the promotion mix. You may wish to cover 2-3 elements depending on how much you cover in terms of the other elements of the marketing mix.

In terms of the marketing mix, while effectively covering the entire marketing mix results in an optimal response, I don't think this is a priority. The priority is to effectively explain how it assists a business in achieving its marketing objectives. Keep in mind that you also need to cover marketing objectives. You may choose to cover 2-3 elements of the marketing mix, although I believe 2 elements may not be sufficient in terms of the length of your response. Try to cover 3 elements of the marketing mix and see how you go. To determine which ones would be best to cover in your response, examine your case study material and determine which elements they can address best.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would have chosen business studies if it went up to 8 mark questions and didn’t have essays. Perhaps they could add a course like that in the hsc.
You have an option of doing a business report instead of an essay which is a lot easier with respect to the extended response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)