Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Re: Cadetships 2007

Lol mate when I went through the process I remember getting that advice from a few reputable career sources..

For Big4 evidently it'd be russian roulette trying to guess who's in charge but for mid-tier etc. its usually quite clear - names are even listed in the ICAA handbook!

It's an immediate impact that makes your letter stand out me thinks :p

HSC

hi, if there's anyone who's willing/able to read through my cover letter for cadetship applications please let me know. i've never written a cover letter before and would appreciate any freedback :) thanks

squiRtle2006

HSC

I'M WORRIEDDDDD..... what are the odds of the firms chosing me over all those other hundreds of people who applied!.. i mean i'm not going to get a fantastic UAI.. people are bound to beat me!!!.. AND then.. its not like all wow in my application.. WAHHHH.... i hate this.. i wanna go back to year 12... ok... sorri.. that was my whinge for the day... *sigh*.. can sum1 help me with a cover letter... :confused: :confused:

:bomb: <<<<== my brain..... =S

:eek: <<<<=== me in class... ( lol)
:sleep: <<<=== me on the train... (hehe)
:santa: <<<==== SANTA CLAUSE!!!!

( sorri its like 2am and i havn't slept ... doing Bladerunner /Brave new world essay *tear*)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

Present whatever application data you have as well as you possibly can. Look up websites on perfecting cover letters, CVs, etc.

Stretch out experiences, etc.

I know a few of the mid-tier firms have the habit of cutting off relatively few people in the application stage, hence interviewing quite a few.

If you don't get it - it's not the end of the world. Learn from your mistakes and do well in uni, secure yourself some summer work -> grad position and you can be on a similar path.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

gawd. i've missed all the info nights, applications close 20th and i just found out

does it matter that i havent' been to the info nights and am applying last minute? in the sense that does that reduce my chances of getting it?

miss-smexy

HSC

-pari- said:
gawd. i've missed all the info nights, applications close 20th and i just found out

does it matter that i havent' been to the info nights and am applying last minute? in the sense that does that reduce my chances of getting it?
Not really - i don't think it reduces your chances significantly. I for one, have only finished ONE form and I knew about this ages ago (although I'm not too keen on cadetships). Start filling out the forms now. And go on the net and research about your firms.

Neha

HSC

Has anyone finished their applications for the big4 yet?

The questions on the application forms are so hard to answer.

is a roflcopter
HSC

let us help you lol :D

what are the questions

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC

-pari- said:

Thats fine.

If you get an offer for an interview it is highly recommended that you attend the pre-assessment centre info night at the respective firms.

squiRtle2006

HSC

lol yeah i knew about these ages ago.. i went to a few info nights. and i've only jsut done the applications that don't require a cV LMAo.. thats soo bad.. i just arrghh its too hard.. i'm like realli worried now......

:worried:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

So how many firms do people plan on applying for?

aricho

HSC
N/A

ive applied for the big 4 and a couple of the smaller ones

miss-smexy

HSC

I can't find the application form for Lawler partners =(

Help?!

wanzer123

HSC
N/A

HAHAHA me too!! =) but i just sent in a coverletter with a resume!

wanzer123

HSC
N/A

Man... I'm never gonna do dis again! so disorganise got all brochures all over my room! and my reports messed up! plus my beds a mess!
but im done! =) i cant be bothered applying for nemore!
doubt i even make it! i just found out that i wrote sumthing that didnt make sense! hahahaha
=)

HSC

when they say applications close wednesday the 20th, do they mean tonight at midnight or like 5pm tomorrow? thanks

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

A girl from my school already got an interview for lawler partners, so i don't know whether people can still apply. I think the closing date for applications was sometime in may. But maybe people can still apply i dunno :p

nickwilson

HSC

Yeah i got an interview to lawler partners already on thursday, i applied last week some time and they got back to me pretty much straight away.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

Wow theyre quick. My friend's is on thursday as well. Good luck for your interview!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)