Carrotsticks' MX2 HSC 2013 Solutions (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For q12 dii)
Did we just have to show that P was the midpoint of AB to show O lies on the circle? did we have to give reasoning or something that PA and PB were equal radii?
that's wat I did.
came out of exam, face palmed coz I coulda saved time by proving they were perpendicular, right angle subtended by diameter.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
that's wat I did.
came out of exam, face palmed coz I coulda saved time by proving they were perpendicular, right angle subtended by diameter.
I did it by finding the lengths of each and stating they were all equal radii. Is that still ok?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
You had to also state that angle AOB was a right angle.
what about finding equation of circle and finding x and y intercepts being A and B?
does this work aswell?

also, if I did two inflexions for the y^2 = f(x) graph where y=1, the question is worth 2 marks, will I lose one?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Does Terry Lee put up 2U solutions or does no one care about 2U?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
what about finding equation of circle and finding x and y intercepts being A and B?
does this work aswell?
That can work if you did it properly, it's hard though without seeing working out. But assuming you did it all right, it's fine.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Finally, fixed everything. Thanks Trebla! Had the answer but was freaking out because I didn't rationalise the denominator so I thought I had it wrong, and I was at the end of my tether.

Could also be the 2x large red bull cans making me more jittery than usual.
I'm a 'dingus' too.

Spent 1 hour on a Cosine rule question because I could not do the following:

1. Use the cosine rule correctly.

2. Use SOH CAH TOA.
Always glad to help bby. Sorry I prolonged your frustration when I said I would send over my solution to how I got my answer and took like 30 minutes to do so. It's always fun doing HSC Maths at work hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)