Castle Hill to UNSW Travel Expense Options (1 Viewer)

williamdaft

HSC
Hey Bos'ers

What is the fastest and cheapest way to get from Castle Hill (where I live) to UNSW ?

For my first semester I'm studying BCom - 3 days only a week as shown in my timetable:

UNSW Timetable Semester 1.jpg

I was thinking to walk (5 minutes) to Castle Towers and catch the bus (probs M61 or 610x, etc.) from Towers to Railway Square (50min-1hr+ depending on traffic). From Railway Square I walk (5 minutes) to Eddy Ave and catch a bus from there to UNSW (20-30mins). So that totals about 1.5hrs+ one way.
Is there an easier, faster way to go to UNSW from Castle Hill?

Should I get the MyMulti ? Is that purchased from 7Elevens, newsagencies and train stations?
Which MyMulti and how much is the one covering the bus (Towers to Railway Square and back) and bus (eddy ave to unsw and back)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

babylonne

HSC
For Castle Hill, since there are no train stations, you have to catch the bus for your 3 days. You can either get a MyMulti1 which is about $23 and will give you unlimited travel on buses for the entire week or you can buy a Travel10 for 6+ sections and 3-5 sections.

ALL MyMultis give you unlimited bus travel, the numbers on MyMulti tickets correspond to the train stations you can travel to on it.

tashe

HSC
N/A
I was thinking to walk (5 minutes) to Castle Towers and catch the bus (probs M61 or 610x, etc.) from Towers to Railway Square (50min-1hr+ depending on traffic). From Railway Square I walk (5 minutes) to Eddy Ave and catch a bus from there to UNSW (20-30mins). So that totals about 1.5hrs+ one way.
Is there an easier, faster way to go to UNSW from Castle Hill?
According to http://www.transportnsw.info/ , that should be it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
do what ur planning to do with a mymulti1, that's probs ur best option

williamdaft

HSC
Sweet! Thanks guys :)

I'm going to do what I'm planning - bus from Castle Towers to Railway Square, then bus from Eddy Ave to UNSW, and back.
All covered by the MyMulti 1 , weekly , $23.00 , bought from the local 7Eleven near Towers.

$23.00 is cheap! I calculated the individual costs of the bus trips I need for the 3 days and it's roughly $25+ so I'm saving a few dollars minimum and it's convenient just using one ticket for everything, weekly.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)