Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
amyg238 said:
Ive found past Catholic maths papers really hard, but the English ones seem about the same. In my opinion anyway.
i havent seen the english ones .. i tried the maths one and ouch , they kick ours.

amyg238

HSC
Definately. For 3U, man I nearly died after a practice....much harder than the past HSCs. Kinda makes me feel better that the HSC is easier, but no the fact that I'm doing the real Catholic trial in 6 days.

miss-smexy

HSC
I did the catholic trials today. I hated the last question of the short answer bit. >.<

something like:

Each text presents different views/perspectives of the journey. Choose ONE text which is the most effective in conveying the journey DIFFERENTLY

wth? =|

if you choose ONE text, how do you compare to others? that was stupid... or maybe I'm just stupid... so I ended up mentioning all of them and then focusing on one. Was that right?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
miss-smexy said:
I did the catholic trials today. I hated the last question of the short answer bit. >.<

something like:

Each text presents different views/perspectives of the journey. Choose ONE text which is the most effective in conveying the journey DIFFERENTLY

wth? =|

if you choose ONE text, how do you compare to others? that was stupid... or maybe I'm just stupid... so I ended up mentioning all of them and then focusing on one. Was that right?
To be honest I don't really know what the question was asking. I just did the third text and talked about how the journey in the book contrasts against the one the reviewer undertakes from reading the book but one creates the other, anecdote emotive blah blah

English isn't my strongest subject, lol

amyg238

HSC
miss-smexy said:
I

Yeah! That was weird... I wanted to do all three but in the end I chose Text II, and just spoke about how the son goes on the physical journey, but the mother goes on one too. But I crapped on about it for ages.

godgiven

HSC
wrxsti said:
i went really good... except i got question 1a) wrong..... i wrote car.......

gr.... wat did you write?
wait is this the one with the article and the picture with a car in the sub-saharan dessert? "i wrote pathway that symbolizes a journey". i ALMOST answered car. wait... whats the right answer supposed to be anyway?

godgiven

HSC
hannahbonanaxx said:
sure, section 1 was the same as always
section 2 as well
but the whole 'various viewpoints' in the essay Q? never taught/prepared for that. wasnt that hard to adapt to it, but it wasnt straight up 'easy'
oouuuuu.. it took me reading the questions about 3x and went straight ahead into bullshittin whatever was on my mind. i wrote about how my dad went thru highschool and how i went thru with it.. that the experience is inevitably not the same and the impact is different. but ur right. it wasn't straight up 'easy'. eeeekkk. im nervous :/

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
umm for that one i did the text 2 memoir the father and son?

i was going to do text 1 but couldnt see much of a contrast

but in text 2 the father had contrasting perspecitves of the journey from start to end, like he weas pretty doubtful and unenthusiastic about it "don you want to look nice? and the son 'winced in pain', shows the contrast between father and son as well

but when he gets the phone call from son, he uses words such as great, wonderful, blah blah

others said to use all 3 texts and some said to use 1...

camchee

HSC
amyg238 said:
Yeah! That was weird... I wanted to do all three but in the end I chose Text II, and just spoke about how the son goes on the physical journey, but the mother goes on one too. But I crapped on about it for ages.
umm it was actually the father not mother as u said

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Crap, during the reading time, I flicked thru to Q2 and 3 and was like: "... Fuck, that's nothing I've been studying for >.<;"

Looked at Q1. "Oh crap, it's the same as Q2 and 3..."

Calmed down and started thinking: "Ok, Q3 I can do, cos that's what I've been talking about anyway. Q2, need to adapt that. Q1, I'm just generally screwed."

At the end of the exam...

Q1 - 3 pages
Q2 - 3.5 pages
Q3 - 4 pages

I'm so worried that barely anyone wrote "road" as a visual symbol or whatever Q1A was. Now I'm worried if I got that 1 mark at all. It'll be pretty embarrassing, missing out on the 1 mark questions >.<;

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Chinmoku03 said:
I'm so worried that barely anyone wrote "road" as a visual symbol or whatever Q1A was. Now I'm worried if I got that 1 mark at all. It'll be pretty embarrassing, missing out on the 1 mark questions >.<;
Nah I reckon road would be fine if you backed it up.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
nah its right, you could have said anything just aslong as you could support it and relate to journeys

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Section 1 was soo easyy!!
ive never come across a reading response as simple as this one.
Yeah i chose text 2 for the final question of that section also.
i finishd it in lyk 20 odd minutes...
Section 2 was a bit of a bummer but lolz
lookin 4ward to paper 2 2moro :D

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
^^^
never seen somone so excited about exams

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
lmaooo
its just coz english is my favourite subject
lolz its too easy!

u shud c me b4 my maths exam
i h8 maths :(

forevaunited

HSC
camchee said:
umm it was actually the father not mother as u said
hahaha yeah i fell into that trap...i must have read over the article really quickly and somehow thought it was the mother who was speaking....argh!.... really not sure how i managed to do that, maybe because the father was acting like such a girl saying the son should take stuff to make him look nice lol . . . . newayz im hoping that i dont lose too many marks for doing that, i mean if you just replace 'mother' with 'father' my response is going to be very much the same . . . ..

hmm eco today wasn't too bad. I am sure that i waffled too much in the essays but i also manage to do that . . lol

jesshickey2125

HSC
haha i did the exact same thing and just assumed it was the mother i mean wat father talks like that??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)