Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (1 Viewer)

Sukz-star

HSC
Should we have learnt wat imaginative journeys were in class by now? because i swear i havent even learn that! .. my hand started to cramp real bad ..

how does everybody feel about the RE exam tomorrow? lol

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
hazaar said:
Finally the school got a hold of the proper HSC 8 page booklets, they are so much easier to write in.
Wrote two whole booklets for Essay, but as you can expect that left me with only about an hour for the rest of the paper.
How Easy was the essay question? Jeez, if the Trials are the 'hardest' whats the HSC going to be like?
Comprehension was damn easy, except i always feel like i'm repeating myself by the time i get to the 6 mark Q.
Only had 25 mins for the creative but like many other people it's about quality not quantity. Wrote about 5 pages for that.
What everyone's view on the issue of related texts. ONE was the minimum but teachers always stress the importance of doing TWO. The problem is that the amount of time it takes to add that extra text, eats into the rest of my exam time, leaving me with 1 hour to complete the exam as apposed to 1:10.
(An extra ten minutes like that would make it so much easier, and give me more time for thr creative.)
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE WRITE SO MUCH!!!!! :eek:

louweesel

HSC
Sukz-star said:
Should we have learnt wat imaginative journeys were in class by now? because i swear i havent even learn that! .. my hand started to cramp real bad ..

how does everybody feel about the RE exam tomorrow? lol
I think RE is going to have 2 kiss my behind cos I really have done hardly anything for it. Plus my teacher couldn't teach ethics!!!

richiie

HSC
Hmmm... Everyone just wrote whatever for the creative writing bit, guess aslong as it links to journeys somehome it will do?

ackmon

HSC
Anybody heard anything about econs 2moro? or studies of religion II?

klaw

HSC
sando said:
they are apparently harder than the actual HSC exams.. so you get a fairly good indication of what ur capable of achieving
There's no way any Paper 1 exam could be easier than the CSSA trials this year. We were basically allowed to write anything we wanted, especially with the essay question where we could have just put anything as our "assumption".

shamila

HSC
hey guys do all of the catholic school do catholic trail paper or public.
and what was the creative writing task questioned on?

thanks in advance

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The paper was easy but.......
I stuffed it up. :(
I spent a whole freakin' hour writing only 4 x A4 pages (NB: my writing is relatively small i.e. 12-14 words a line) on section III which I attempted first. After that, I spent half an hour on section I and the remaining time on section II. Talk about crappy time management eh?!!!lol
Section III was pretty nice. It was still specific though, as it asks to focus on the assumptions of the journey in texts.
Section I was alright. I hardly even read the poem, let alone understand it lol. I somehow managed to complete it in 30 minutes without a second look at the texts lol....I read them all during reading time....lol
Section II pissed me off. I had little time to write it and I was blank for ideas. I only managed 2 pages of the most random ideas I could gather lol :D. After that disaster, I've decided that's the last time I'm going to improvise a story...I'm going to memorise some ideas for the HSC, like I did in the half yearlies.....

Jason1357

HSC
The paper was good.

Section I was really simple, just straight forward.

Section II was where u had to relate your story to a visual thingy or a quote and was pritty easy. Lucky i came prepared for that cause not many ppl where able to do lots on that.

Section III was a good question in relation to past exam questions which was a relief when i saw it cause i jst got to writing straight away.

Our CSSA exams get marked internally

kenk

HSC
I found the first English paper relatively easy. Especially section 3 compared to the HSC question last year.. 'Assumptions' underlying the concept of journeys.. pfft.
Im happy. my English paper 2 doesnt count..
Now.. I must cram for Modern... Yuck.
What the hell is a D-Day?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Boxxxhead said:
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE WRITE SO MUCH!!!!! :eek:
If you know what you're talking about, then it's very easy to write a lot and lead to the prospect of not finishing the exam or finding it hard to condense it.

cazza. said:
so how hard was the catholic paper?? is anyone doing inner journeys? i havent dun my exam yet, but i no its the catholic paper, hehehe anyone wanna help?? :)
Easiest one i've come across, esp. for section 3 where you could practically regurgitate a memorized essay, word by word.

Oh, by the way, do we lose marks if we don't write a name for our creative writing piece, if we were doing a story? Because i forget :eek:

cazza.

HSC
did anyone do sally morgan for section III, and how creative do u hav 2 be for section II i definately lack creativity!lol

NBAD

HSC
Hey,

do you reckon people who use 'writers' are disadvantaged?

cause I have horid hand writing ( i blame it one my father side), i was wondering if anybody uses a 'writer'? ( by that i mean... i don't know all i know is some people get reader/writers)

(i can speak english, just not capable of writing it through 'hands')

Thanks

hannaxoxo

HSC
omg its so good to hear people talking about the exam.. even though im a bit scared now.. i didnt write a creative story for section 2.. i basically wrote an essay and explained 2 of the text things! oops damnit! but otherwise i thought it was pretty easy!! i hope the hsc is like that... anyone doing 1 unit R.E tomoz?? we havent learnt anything all year it seems... so i hope i go alright lol

G.J.I

HSC
yeah i forgot to put a title for my creative story, real shame =[ can someone tell me what the poem is about and the techniques for it .. i seriously didn't get it .. is he dead or in a dream lol

Monz

HSC
I thought the paper was pretty good, i screwed my creative writing up though, i had a good concept but my writing was pretty shit...oh well what can you do? I was pretty happy with my essay, but how could you not be the question was so broad.
How can you not of done the paper yet if you're doing the catholic paper? All the schools have to do it at the same time...well we did and i go to an independent school, and that's what i got told by my english teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)