Christian Apologists (1 Viewer)

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Who on BOS is a Christian Apologist (we know full well we don't have any muslim apologists, they're insane if they think they can justify any of the bullshit in the Qur'an)

State your case. Personally i think your a bunch of fools who have the mental intelligence of a 7 year old, but please.. Persuade me.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Who on BOS is a Christian Apologist (we know full well we don't have any muslim apologists, they're insane if they think they can justify any of the bullshit in the Qur'an)

State your case. Personally i think your a bunch of fools who have the mental intelligence of a 7 year old, but please.. Persuade me.
Ahahahahahaah

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
This should turn into a epic troll fest.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Well, bloody right. I mean, for fucks sake, I hear all this shit about how 'God must exist because things are complex...'

IF anything, a good designer makes things simple...

But that's just one. Complexity is hard to define. How are we designed if we just get fucked on by evolution for a few million years and die a billion times over to reach this current state.

Intelligent Design = Not so intelligent.

Scorch

HSC
Well this should end up into an idiotic thread of shit, but if anyone wants to salvage it, I'd like to hear if any Christian apologists could deal with the problems of;

1) The presence of evil and its incompatability with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God.
2) The disgusting and barbaric nature of the Old Testament and the things that God demands and does therein.
3) The clearly low factual value of the Bible on the most simple facets of the universe, history and scientific matters.

Existential

HSC
N/A
Well, bloody right. I mean, for fucks sake, I hear all this shit about how 'God must exist because things are complex...'

IF anything, a good designer makes things simple...

But that's just one. Complexity is hard to define. How are we designed if we just get fucked on by evolution for a few million years and die a billion times over to reach this current state.

Intelligent Design = Not so intelligent.
OR

religion = bullshit

... either way :p

Oobadoo

HSC
Such anticip....pation. Though it's yet to kick off. Should be interesting, long, vociferous and ultimately nasty (or it will just be ignored???). :D

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon ignored.

Maybe one or two will try, fail and the thread will die soon after.

though having said this it may do just the opposite out of spite.

Oobadoo

HSC
God is just smiting us; love the add (I can see) under the first post...

"Free Bible CD! Get the Amazing (and undoubtedly holey and totally unconsumer driven) Bible Software!" :D

brendroid

HSC
Well Scorch, I have a question ^^

Do you see Anthony Flew's denunciation of atheism and alignment to deism late in his life as the result of a weak mind? Similarly, what are your thoughts on the comparitively early conversion of C. S. Lewis?

Just asking because I once got handed an article about Flew giving reasons for a God, and well C. S. Lewis is well known as a Christian apologetic.

Scorch

HSC
Do you see Anthony Flew's denunciation of atheism and alignment to deism late in his life as the result of a weak mind? Similarly, what are your thoughts on the comparitively early conversion of C. S. Lewis?
Yes and not all that much, to be succinct.

Why, what do you think of them?

Also to anyone reading this challenge is still open:
Well this should end up into an idiotic thread of shit, but if anyone wants to salvage it, I'd like to hear if any Christian apologists could deal with the problems of;

1) The presence of evil and its incompatability with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God.
2) The disgusting and barbaric nature of the Old Testament and the things that God demands and does therein.
3) The clearly low factual value of the Bible on the most simple facets of the universe, history and scientific matters.

brendroid

HSC
I just thought it was interesting the article I read and well, the name obviously stayed with me. And I liked Lewis' Narnia books, they were entertaining enough. I also read somewhere he felt he was kicking and screaming throughout his conversion process, and that made me wonder why he may have done it in that case. Not claiming to be an expert on either of them, though.

Scorch

HSC
I just thought it was interesting the article I read and well, the name obviously stayed with me. And I liked Lewis' Narnia books, they were entertaining enough. I also read somewhere he felt he was kicking and screaming throughout his conversion process, and that made me wonder why he may have done it in that case. Not claiming to be an expert on either of them, though.
I'm not too familiar with Narnia. I don't actually like it. But it's a reasonable thinly-veiled metaphor for Christianity, isn't it?

FlipX

HSC
I'm not too familiar with Narnia. I don't actually like it. But it's a reasonable thinly-veiled metaphor for Christianity, isn't it?
What? If it is then it's pretty subtle...

HSC
Uni Grad
Would this Christianity link happen to be evident in the films?

Cos if so I certainly missed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)