Clerical Recheck- Chance of Worse Mark?? (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In past years people have been notified during the first half of January.

danz90

HSC
I also got 100% confirmation from BOS that your marks CANNOT go down as a result of a clerical recheck - they either stay the same or go up.
I'm sending off my clerical recheck notice for Biology paper tomorrow. Hopefully should arrive at BOS by Friday, which is when applications close.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
I sent my clerical recheck away in December and I got the results today. Sadly, no changes for me :'(

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Pastelblue said:
Just a question,

if someone did a clerical recheck and ended up getting a higher mark, would if affect the assessment mark of other students?
If the exam mark of any student increases, then the BOS re-moderates that school group. If the increase is substantial and the group size is relatively small, then students stand to gain an increased moderated assessment.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
a girl I know (4unitfreak) got an extra mark today for Physics

I sent one off today by express post for Software.

If I get an extra mark (so I get 90)..... will I get placed on the All-Rounders Award list seeing I would have then gotten 90 and above for 10 units?

plus do we get UAI increases? not that I need one.

dp624

HSC
ive considered and I shall pass the clerical recheck
almost too late now, lol

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Patar said:
If I get an extra mark (so I get 90)..... will I get placed on the All-Rounders Award list seeing I would have then gotten 90 and above for 10 units?

Don't know about the first question - in relation to the second, if one of your marks increased your UAI would be recalculated.

dp624

HSC
duckcowhybrid said:
Err dp you got 100 UAI why do you care?
because i would have state ranked higher lawl.... or in phys' case i might have got a state rank where i didn't. it's for pride, duh
anyways i think i'll request my scripts etc. plenty of time left for that.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
because i would have state ranked higher lawl.... or in phys' case i might have got a state rank where i didn't. it's for pride, duh
anyways i think i'll request my scripts etc. plenty of time left for that.
what's the time limit for requesting scripts?

dp624

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
what's the time limit for requesting scripts?
i think they keep it for 6 months before destroying them.
haha i think....

kevinant

HSC
Patar said:
a girl I know (4unitfreak) got an extra mark today for Physics

I sent one off today by express post for Software.

Poor you, you just missed out premiers by 1 marks/unit!!!
I know a lots of people are like this with 89 in chemistry/English..
That's why it's better to do 12 units and have some of them done in yr11 like me haha...

But I do not think the probability of increased mark is high, since I've talked to lots of HSC markers and their *double marking* ensures the probability of being wrongly marked is less than 1% (for example, in a 7-mark question, if one marker give 2 and another gives 6, a senior marker will intervene), and they are very careful with entering marks into the computers.

dp624

HSC
Actually, I'm pretty sure that MAths and Sciences are single marked only.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that MAths and Sciences are single marked only.
Single marking is limited to those examinations where the responses are highly objective in nature:

Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Engineering Studies, General Mathematics, Information Proceses and Technology, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Physics, Senior Science, Software Design and Development.

As a further safeguard in these examinations, the most discrepant responses (those with the biggest negative difference from the assessment mark) are re-marked by senior markers.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
kevinant said:
Poor you, you just missed out premiers by 1 marks/unit!!!
I know a lots of people are like this with 89 in chemistry/English..
That's why it's better to do 12 units and have some of them done in yr11 like me haha...

But I do not think the probability of increased mark is high, since I've talked to lots of HSC markers and their *double marking* ensures the probability of being wrongly marked is less than 1% (for example, in a 7-mark question, if one marker give 2 and another gives 6, a senior marker will intervene), and they are very careful with entering marks into the computers.
Yeah it's a bit of a shame, but ahh well. I did do 12Units bro :)

and I did ask to do accelerated English, they wouldn't let me lawlz

Lazarus said:
Don't know about the first question - in relation to the second, if one of your marks increased your UAI would be recalculated.
ahh ok, thanks. I'm pretty much just doing it for the chance of making All-Rounders, I've already got a Preliminary Offer for the course I need... I'm happy whether I get the extra mark or not though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)