Clerical Recheck- Chance of Worse Mark?? (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Question about remarks

Some stats from previous years

Rechecks: 1784
Changes: 5 (0.28%)

Rechecks: 1825
Changes: 14 (0.77%)

Rechecks: 1712
Changes: 27 (1.58%)

Rechecks: 2257
Changes: 27 (1.20%)

HSC

I'm getting my english adv rechecked.. because I was predicted a band 6, felt great about the paper after doing it, and got a 77... what is with that?!

chaldoking

HSC
I think students should get a clerical recheck if they truly feel the mark they were awarded was not what they thought they would achieve. But I think you should go for it! Nothing to lose - the only thing to is showing how discontent students are with this system.

friction

HSC
Is there anyway you can get a remark i was pretty surprised with a few of my marks. I came out of the test and thought that i went quiet well but then didnt end up going very well. The chance of a clerical error is heaps low so i dont think that will work.

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
dolbinau said:
It's standard English...
Dolbinau, I understand that you want to gloat about your high UAI in the 90's, there is nothing wrong with pride but Standard english and Advanced English are grouped as one in marking. FYI, the capabilities and capacities of students in both subjects are the same.... so don't be discriminatory towards us for such minor differences. Undeniably, you would know that we both attempted the same questions in Paper I but with differing texts...do you honestly believe that we are talentless students with no hopes for a good future? It's only a UAI... in a couple of years it will be non-existent, people will be saying in the end UAI who? Hopefully you will come back to your senses... and think before you judge. It's so obvious that you are implying something harsh... end of discussion

le-foot

HSC
meechfan said:
Dolbinau, I understand that you want to gloat about your high UAI in the 90's, there is nothing wrong with pride but Standard english and Advanced English are grouped as one in marking.
Cheers :)

All my advanced peers got the marks they were expecting or thereabouts. I just wanna get to the bottom of this, and see why the whole cohort bombed out. Not only that, a person arrived 30 minutes late for paper 2, and he's not even ranked in the top 20 in EnS, got 66/100. I'm ranked first and got 73.

chabba

HSC
nicko1990 said:
everyone ABSOLUTELY sure that your mark can't go down if you get it rechecked?
i rang once to ask and thy said it'd be crule tht thy give u a lower mark...thn i rang again to confirm..and if thy cud give tht to me in wrriting and thy said no, but she assured me tht we cant get a lower mark, i'll be sending my legal in for rechecking for sure, and mayb maths

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just a reminder folks that this isn't a remark of the paper.

What they do is get the sheets on which the markers wrote the marks they awarded the questions and check that both markers wrote a mark down for you. They they check that those marks were the ones that were actually recorded in the computer system.

If that has been done properly - case over.

No markers are involved - it is clerical staff only.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
How do they recount English? The fact that recounting English is more expensive I'd expect at least some markers are going to re-read the essays.

chabba

HSC

Rafy said:
Some stats from previous years

Rechecks: 1784
Changes: 5 (0.28%)

Rechecks: 1825
Changes: 14 (0.77%)

Rechecks: 1712
Changes: 27 (1.58%)

Rechecks: 2257
Changes: 27 (1.20%)

where did u get these stats from, thy sound pleasing, i mean its worth it i guess, i'm really ticked off that i missed a higher band cause of just 3 - 4 marks...grrr

Last edited:

helper

HSC
N/A
chewy123 said:
How do they recount English? The fact that recounting English is more expensive I'd expect at least some markers are going to re-read the essays.
Its more expensive because there are two lots of papers involved. They don't reemploy markers. Any anomalies within your school would have been targeted and remarked already to check.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

fionang8191 said:
how do you know that your mark won't go lower... sorry... just gotta be sure.. is there a link to a page or anything...

thanks... (not trying to be rude or anything)
DO YOU PEOPLE NOT READ OR SOMETHING?

Go over this thread again and READ the replies instead of just asking inane questions that have already been answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)