Combined Degree QUESTION (1 Viewer)

manutd8

HSC
In particular for anyone doing Economics/Law or Commerce/Law. What does an average week hold for you? include monday-sunday, tutes, lectures, times etc.

Appreciate it

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
13 hrs/week last semester. 14 hrs/week next semester. 4 days a week. Some people are able to make a timetable that only require 3 days/week at uni.

miaowsha

HSC
In particular for anyone doing Economics/Law or Commerce/Law. What does an average week hold for you? include monday-sunday, tutes, lectures, times etc.

Appreciate it
Most commerce classes (like the real subjects, not management or marketing crap) expect about 10 hours a week per subject work of you including attending lectures and tutorials. 2 hr lecture + 1 hr tutorial is generally the way it goes. The 2 hr lecture can be split up into two 1hr lectures. 7 hours should be spent studying generally but it's just a guide. It depends what mark you want. Also that's not including assignments.

As for law, it requires a lot of reading and such, it's not easy and takes a lot of work; I'm guessing 10+ hrs as well per law subject if you want to get HD's. The 10 hour commerce guideline per subject probably takes account decent students who want to do better than just "P's get degrees" or really dumb people who need to spend 10+ hours regurgitating just to pass.

It all depends if you're willing to put in the work :)

manutd8

HSC
13 hrs/week last semester. 14 hrs/week next semester. 4 days a week. Some people are able to make a timetable that only require 3 days/week at uni.
thanks dude!

Most commerce classes (like the real subjects, not management or marketing crap) expect about 10 hours a week per subject work of you including attending lectures and tutorials. 2 hr lecture + 1 hr tutorial is generally the way it goes. The 2 hr lecture can be split up into two 1hr lectures. 7 hours should be spent studying generally but it's just a guide. It depends what mark you want. Also that's not including assignments.

As for law, it requires a lot of reading and such, it's not easy and takes a lot of work; I'm guessing 10+ hrs as well per law subject if you want to get HD's. The 10 hour commerce guideline per subject probably takes account decent students who want to do better than just "P's get degrees" or really dumb people who need to spend 10+ hours regurgitating just to pass.

It all depends if you're willing to put in the work :)
and thanks aswell, yeah hopefully i can earn HDs/Ds consistently.

miaowsha

HSC
thanks dude!

and thanks aswell, yeah hopefully i can earn HDs/Ds consistently.
It's fine but if you don't get D's/HD's in your first semester don't stress, one needs to adjust to uni; it's not as easy as school if you're doing commerce/law :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)