• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Come meet me at the internship fair! (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
No I didn't! I planned too, but then I was offered an internship with a major NGO, so I took that.

Although I am already looking at graduate info for next year, so P&G is up there in the list.

velvetorchid

HSC
yay i got a sds too... the hard part now is to think find something of worth to put on it... =/

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sds is quite tough: they cut a lot of people off with it. make sure you put in lots of effort, and have someone proof read it

velvetorchid

HSC
lol, gosh it's really nice having someone on the inside *winks at staz*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol, i'm only providing the same tips that others would get if they spoke to me at a careers fair

pmtruong

HSC
yeh thanks so much staz great tip! hmm who would have thought they would be able to cut so many people with just a one pager with 3 questions on it.
staz wood u be able to give us a rough guide on where the numbers sit...ie i think i saw u write somewhere they get 1800 applicants for EACH position?
so how many left after the screen test, how many left after in house reasoning test, how many after sds, how many go to first round interviews and i think u said 10 go to final round with 2/3 spots avaialble?
great job velvetor! good luk. let us know how u go.like staz this is my dream job as well been chasin it ever since i found out about it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
When you think about it, the SDS is actually excellent for cutting people off (I assume they look at it with the CV too). The CV gives you the facts about what you've done, whilst the SDS allows you to demonstrate how you think in different situations and achieve results.

it was 1800 total for internships (from memory) and more at grad level. no idea how many people make it through each stage, but I wouldn't think more than 20% make it through to the SDS stage.

For the final round of interviews, I think there were about 10 ppl for each position, but I can't really remember, unfortunately. Prob about 30 for the previous round (perhaps). Sorry I can't be of more help about numbers. My mate remembers this better :p

It's fantastic to hear that it's your dream job. Iirc, you are interested in finance? We certainly love getting passionate finance people through the door. You will have to understand that you won't get the pay that Investment Bankers get (although you will get excellent pay eventually when you get to managerial positions). However, you will get good hours compared to the industry and an enjoyable job. There's a person on OCAU forums working for Nestle (from memory) in an accounting-related job (something about financial analysis in there, too). He says he doesn't earn as much as his friends in the big 4, but he really loves his work and it's great seeing the products you make decisions for on supermarket shelves: feels like you're actually making a difference rather than just dealing with shares, charts or meaningless numbers.

Also, everyone really sucks up to the finance ppl at P&G. Essentially, you have us marketers by the balls. We need you to draw up cheques to approve and pay our budgets :) Which also means you will get to sit in on marketing meetings and help decide whether an idea is economical

pmtruong

HSC
oh if they look at it alongside the cv then yeh thats a great way to cut ppl off. and crap they goin from about 20% down to 30 or less!
hmm maybe you got me confused with someone else i kinda thought i was going into accounting for a while then realised it wasnt for me and that marketing wood suit me alot better. so im doing
com at unsw with a marketing/int bus.
but definately sounds interesting for anyone with a finance background!
sounds corny but seriously isnt that much about money for me..i mean if ur gonna be workin a job full time for the rest of ur life it better be something u look forward to goin to. plus the hours of ib and the fat and bald by 30 doesnt appeal either haha no matter how much they pay.

velvetorchid

HSC
pmtruong said:
yeh thanks so much staz great tip! hmm who would have thought they would be able to cut so many people with just a one pager with 3 questions on it.
staz wood u be able to give us a rough guide on where the numbers sit...ie i think i saw u write somewhere they get 1800 applicants for EACH position?
so how many left after the screen test, how many left after in house reasoning test, how many after sds, how many go to first round interviews and i think u said 10 go to final round with 2/3 spots avaialble?
great job velvetor! good luk. let us know how u go.like staz this is my dream job as well been chasin it ever since i found out about it
thanks pt, have you finished you sds yet?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pmtruong said:
oh if they look at it alongside the cv then yeh thats a great way to cut ppl off. and crap they goin from about 20% down to 30 or less!
hmm maybe you got me confused with someone else i kinda thought i was going into accounting for a while then realised it wasnt for me and that marketing wood suit me alot better. so im doing
com at unsw with a marketing/int bus.
but definately sounds interesting for anyone with a finance background!
sounds corny but seriously isnt that much about money for me..i mean if ur gonna be workin a job full time for the rest of ur life it better be something u look forward to goin to. plus the hours of ib and the fat and bald by 30 doesnt appeal either haha no matter how much they pay.
Pay in marketing is quite decent relative to the rest of the industry :)

pmtruong

HSC
velvetorchid said:
thanks pt, have you finished you sds yet?
ive had a look at it and know what im gona write about in each but busy studyin for a midsem for tomrowo right now...wil try and finish a first draft tonight then read over it tomrow before sendin to them. u?

velvetorchid

HSC
yeah, im in the same boat. i've written it already, gotten feedback from other ppl and sending it as we speak... but trying to juggle school and work at the same time too. lol. i hope i get it... but im trying to have no expectations because it's done now... all in the hands of yvonne!!... *prays to god* haha

velvetorchid

HSC
Um there were a few spots free when I was there on Wed (about 3-ish) but the total number of spots at P&G is limited... probably about 10-15 up front. But Macquarie Shopping Center is just across the road so I guess you could park there (if they have a car park)

pmtruong

HSC
skopje said:
How's the parking at their office?
i saw lots of ppl parking in the visitors places of the other companies that are there.

velvetor these 3 questions are actually pretty dam hard to articulate perfectly its taken me about an hour!

pmtruong

HSC
velvetorchid said:
yeah, im in the same boat. i've written it already, gotten feedback from other ppl and sending it as we speak... but trying to juggle school and work at the same time too. lol. i hope i get it... but im trying to have no expectations because it's done now... all in the hands of yvonne!!... *prays to god* haha
haha why do u feel noob? i mean u have to be alright to have gotten through the two stages so far right. but yeh im jugglin so much crapp as well. yeh al u can do is try ur best hey. c'mon yvonee! which divisions u appy for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)