Community MX1 Paper (1 Viewer)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
To conclude the preliminary year, how many are interested in an MX1 paper (created by me)?

The idea is to differentiate people of different schools to establish a relative ranking in the state.
This data (arranged in a spreadsheet) will allow for motivation, competition, and also a reality check.
Results will be sorted by school ranking bracket than cohort bracket (e.g. 1-100 ranking schools, then top 5 of cohort).

I doubt we have enough people to make this work, but if you're interested please say so!

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
you probably havent written it yet but is it going to be calculus heavy? Or more focused on less calculus and more on stuff like geometry etc?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
May be difficult because different schools do topics in different orders.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This is a fantastic idea. But making an exam looks deceptively easy but it turns out it may take longer than anticipated, so make sure you have enough time.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
you probably havent written it yet but is it going to be calculus heavy? Or more focused on less calculus and more on stuff like geometry etc?
I'd like to place extra weighting on areas that are critical in year 12 (e.g. calculus, trigonometry, coordinate geometry) but it is all in theory at the moment!! If you have any ideas please share :)

May be difficult because different schools do topics in different orders.
Mmhm, but I'd imagine the core (main) topics would be covered by most schools, and so it should have minimal impact.

I'm in! As long as I know what I'm doing that is.
I will be sure to provide a list of topics before the paper is finalised :)

This is a fantastic idea. But making an exam looks deceptively easy but it turns out it may take longer than anticipated, so make sure you have enough time.
Thanks :) It's practically the holidays and math questions are always fun :p so shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Perhaps have a poll of the topics or take a roll of people who wish to take the examination and add the topics that the majority of the people have covered.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Perhaps have a poll of the topics or take a roll of people who wish to take the examination and add the topics that the majority of the people have covered.
Will do :)

Count me in :)
Don't get the cohort bracket thing though
There is a significant difference between someone who is rank 50 in the grade vs rank 1. By using two filters (school rank, position in cohort), it is then more effective to compare two individuals from different schools (e.g. rank 1 in cohort of ~300 ranking school matches rank 10 in ~50 ranking school)

This exam paper will be online? If it is, then I'm interested :)
Yes :) I'll keep everyone informed on progress.

Sounds like a good idea.
Will you participate :D :D?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Have some geometrical applications of calculus (tangents, normals etc), I think most people would have done some differential calculus.
Maybe circle geometry and trigonometry (up to like 3-D, excluding t formula and inverse trig) and ~maybe~ polynomials?
They seem like fairly good topics.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Bump! If no progress (participant count) for a while I'll have to call it off :(

phoenix159

HSC
Would this just be stuff from the extension 1 prelim course? If so, I'll do it.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Would this just be stuff from the extension 1 prelim course? If so, I'll do it.
Yes :)

What topics have you guys not done in your schools? So far I know of polynomials, circle geometry, and permutations and combinations. This is a hurdle T_T Might aswell strip the content to nothing lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)