Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

lolman12567

HSC
what the hell was Hayden thinking, he was batting like an absolute retard.

i was listening to the game on the radio when he got out, the commentators were soo pissed off at the way he played.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
there's something about the way the australians played in this test, it is almost as if they've gone out and see what luck can bring them. india is on fire at the moment, hate to be ricky ponting right now.

LAmey08

HSC
Aussie's are playing half hearted, they need to lift their game otherwise it will be a long season. Not only the players need to lift their game but also selecters, we haven't got our best team in. As for Hayden, what was he doing? I've seen better from under 8's.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
320's a nice, BIG number =/

so they think they've figured out india's 'secret' with the reverse swing.

i quite like Peter Roebuck - he seems level headed and his articles aren't just massive biased rants of condemnation. and he's fair.

Muz4PM

HSC
Charity F said:
i quite like Peter Roebuck - he seems level headed and his articles aren't just massive biased rants of condemnation. and he's fair.
I like Roebuck as well, I think he is a good cricket writer.

Another first day, unfortunatley Australia is getting axed thanks to a couple of great knocks. I hope Australia can pull this one out of the fire and get a few quick wickets.

I don't rate Watson. I was suprised that he made runs in the first innings, and I hope for Australia's sake it continues. I have also been a little surprised with Johnson as well, he has been picking up some wickets, but I still rate Bracken over Johnson.

I think Dave Hussey would be a better option than Watson at six, he is a much better batsman and is a handy bowler. I think that we are really missing a good quality spinner, I don't think White turns the ball enough to ask big questions of the batsman and anyone who thinks Clarke is up to it being a frontline spinner is deluding themselves. I wonder where did Beau Casson go? He took three for in his first test match and hasn't been seen since, and I don't think he has an injury.

Anyway, it looks like it is going to be a tough day in India for our cricketers unless we are able to capitalise on a few early break throughs.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is at times like these aust really misses the likes of warne and mcgrath, who you could just thrown the ball to and ask for a wicket - and they would get it. cameron white, now he is at best an all rounder, i seriously question the selector's decision to pick him as the spinner - what was wrong with beau casson? i hate how selectors debut a player, and then just drops him for a player none better. there has been a few over the years in the same shoes.

now all we can do is sit and hope aust can build up a big knock and india bowls like crap. 0-50 is a good start.

Weasel.08

HSC
i dunno why they persist with white...he turns the ball .1 of a cm each time and mostly topspinners...he would be a useful one day player...but id rather see beau casson instead..as long as he doesnt rely on his wrong'un as his stock ball

Muz4PM

HSC
Weasel.08 said:
i dunno why they persist with white...he turns the ball .1 of a cm each time and mostly topspinners...he would be a useful one day player...but id rather see beau casson instead..as long as he doesnt rely on his wrong'un as his stock ball
Yeah, Kerry O'Keefe wrote something in the Telegraph about that, and I thought his piece was interesting and I think captured the thoughts of most people who are currently following the Australian team in India.

Draw looks like the best bet, unless Australia can some how knock the seven remaining wickets down for next to no runs, and then chase the remainder, or India putting Australia in and then going through them.

Clarke played a great innings, but the problem I thought with the Australians was they needed one more player (probably in the top three) to go on and make a big hundred. Pretty much everyone in the top eight (maybe with the exception of Haddin) made a good start and only Clarke really went on to make a ton.

None the less, I think the Australians batted very well, and not withstanding an amazing comeback, it looks like they will go to Nagpur with India leading the series 1-0.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
can i assume that if it wasn't for jason kreja the debutant, india would still only be 2 wickets down with 300 on the board? promising pick, hopefully he can carry it through. lee, with all the records behind him, still doesn't look half as potent as johnson in this series, why didn't the selectors drop him instead?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
again, let's compare that to lee's record - after 8 years with the team, lee only got a 5-for as his best figures, krejza comes out and gets an 8-for in the debut inning. but then again, the guy has to play a lot longer before i start saying stuff about him.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
nothing. lee is a great bowler - but he should not be playing this series, for he has done f all and it is as if the selectors didn't see it coming.

katich and huss played well, but no one else backed them up. if i was ponting, i would declare early tomorrow, regardless of the score, bowl india out quickly and get the runs in time. desperate times call for desperate tactics.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
It isn't really a big deal us losing this series over here. it took us ages to win in before our last series win over here. we just needed to bring in krejza earlier.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
to have any chance of winning, the aussies must bowl india out tomorrow, also keeping their second innings score as low as possible.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Our only chance is getting them out for a score of little over 100. Highly unlikely we haven't bowled them out in a day yet this series.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, ponting bowling spinners on day 4 did nothing to help aust's chance of winning. i think they are saying he tried to get the minimum overs bowled so he wouldn't get fined or suspended, so he had put himself before the team. not sure how much better would the seamers have done on the day. but india did nothing against the 'spirit of the game' by placing a defensive field. i am quite sure any captain would have done the same thing if they were trying to force a draw or trying to dry up the runs. it is a fair tactic. aust was trying to win, and india made them work for it. all in all, india was too good.

hoping we can clean sweep nz and sa, get that winning streak back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)