• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cronulla Beach Incident (1 Viewer)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
What the fuck is with this second class citizen bullshit?
The lebanese who are causing this violence, and who cause the violence that plagues the streets of many sydney suburbs are to blame for any racial-profiling which has been done to the dismay of other lebanese.
omg, thats like a guy beating up his wife and then blames his wife

iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm not trying to be a racist. I have no problem with the lebanese people who have integrated and are happy to be australia. My problem is with the ones causing the problems..
I understand you're not tryin to be racist, but you are. Calling any race second class citizens is racist

nedzelic

HSC
gobaby said:
no, you've blown it all out of proportion. Leave it alone and others will leave it alone. calm :) Asians are nice people
i haven't blown it out of proportion; this is what these neo nazis think. look at the videos, they had shirts entitled 'leb and wag bashers'!

malkin86

HSC
MuffinMan said:
what help can the federal government give?
Well, for starters, saying something like this:

"Attacking people on the basis of their race, their appearance, their ethnicity, is totally unacceptable and should be repudiated by all Australians irrespective of their own background and their politics," Howard said.

"But I'm not going to put a general tag [of] racism on the Australian community," he said. "I do not accept that there is underlying racism in this country."

Of course, it being reported at home is too much to ask... :rolleyes:

More police down there would also be good, but I don't know if it's really doable.

And just to vindicate myself with the neo-Nazi involvement: "There appears to be an element of white supremacists, and they really have no place in mainstream Australian society," said Police Minister Carl Scully.

Both quotes are from the Moscow Times: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/12/13/252.html

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Let me clarify my point some more...
Although it sux that innocent people miss out due to the actions of others, that is a necessary sacrafice in order to make everyone else safer.
No its not

K

katie_tully

i'm not going to touch this with a100ft pole, for fear of being branded racist.

K

katie_tully

I still can't comprehend how you people justify Middle Eastern attacks on White Australians.

Sunday was retaliation! Why is it, tell me, that racial attacks on whites don't seem to be as serious an offence as white attacks on ethnics? Why?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
i'm not going to touch this with a100ft pole, for fear of being branded racist.
You are not racist when you say that youth gangs that use violence should be locked up. The locking up of gangs down south doesn't need people to include 'leb' in their discription. They don't need to be locked up because they are leb, but because they cause trouble and are invovled in gang warfare.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Jordan.J said:
you said they're to blame for any racial profiling, so I think it is
Well blaming someone justifiably is alot different from blaming someone with no cause what so ever. People whom have gone around causing trouble in clubs etc etc are to blame for the racial profiling used in response to it.

malkin86

HSC
katie_tully said:
I still can't comprehend how you people justify Middle Eastern attacks on White Australians.

Sunday was retaliation! Why is it, tell me, that racial attacks on whites don't seem to be as serious an offence as white attacks on ethnics? Why?
In this case, I think that because the scale was different (16 on 2 vs. 5000+ on 10something?) that it was more serious the second time.

Also that the 'aussie' mob hurt the ambos when they were saying that they were down there to protest the bashing of the lifesavers demonstrates to me that this became more to the mob than the bashing. How far that extends, I don't know.

stainmepink

HSC
nedzelic said:
i haven't blown it out of proportion; this is what these neo nazis think. look at the videos, they had shirts entitled 'leb and wag bashers'!
i wouldn't call it a riot. Its just stupid gang disagreements. Its not "warfare" or anything that cuts close to that.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Then if it's not, should we allow everyone else to get hurt in order to accomodate a few? No.
so you can predict the future now. You know what will happen based on someones race

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Jordan, don't be so god damn naive,
Naive?

justifying racial profiling and then expecting no response is naive

These last few days are the consequences of division

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeah, what has gangs got to do with it?
like for instance, the bra boys wouldnt give a shit what happened to maroubra

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
MuffinMan said:
yeah, what has gangs got to do with it?
like for instance, the bra boys wouldnt give a shit what happened to maroubra
u got a poimt there. at this stage, all they want to do is bash up the lebs, not protect maroubra. so much for vigilante groups...

hey i got information that i am pretty sure hasnt been displayed on tv, despite it happening last night. did anyone hear of a young muslim girl, about 14, getting beat up? well, last night she died in hospital, but does the media announce that? no, they dont, but they DO announce the text messages that are spreading. i havent recieved any, but just by watching tv i have recieved them all infact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)