• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cronulla Beach Incident (3 Viewers)

= Jennifer =

HSC
gobaby said:
Believe it or not, Lebanese people are human. Firstly, i would like to point out that the Lebanese have hearts and minds like the rest of human society. Stereotyping and generalisationg plays a huge role in this discussion. Although some of you say "Lebs drive their fully sik cars and rape our women", you don't notice that you are conforming to the stereotyped idea of people who have a middle-eastern descent. I would dare to say, the general Lebanese populas does not conform to this image. There are many spoken, polite, intelligent and caring Lebanese people in Australian society, that you seemed to have looked over.

To the people who participated in the event at Cronulla beach (once again, the media has blown it out of proportion), ask yourselves if you are doing the community any justice. Did you attack the people who attacked the surf-lifesavers? Or any innocent person of middle eastern decent. I'm sure you made a great name for yourselves on Sunday. Unfair, unjust and un australian.
you are right 110% right :)

malkin86

HSC
The thing is, because it's a racial issue, any such "peaceful rally by white Australians" will turn into a "White Power" rally, and from there into violence. :(

= Jennifer =

HSC
i got this as an email today

Hey people, we all live in Australia and therefore we are ALL Australian regardless of our ethnic decent.

If you live in Australia YOU are AUSTRALIAN and should wave the AUSTRALIAN flag proud.

However, it is important to also remember what it means to BE Australian. Australia is a diverse nation which is made up of thousands of DIFFERENT CULTURES and literally millions of different kinds of people. What makes Australia unique in its global image is its patience and blending of multiculturalism.

Whether you are of Lebanese, Maltese, Italian, Greek or whatever decent we are still Australian and therefore calling a 'war' against 'aussies' is really calling a war against yourself.

Lets not rewin our nation and forget the tensions.

Lets embrace what we have got and keep what seperates us apart; diversity.

So forget these angers between sects, gangs or groups because we all live under the same roof and the same Australian Flag.

To be frank, If you or anyone you know does not agree with this diversity and wish to spread anger and hatred, then leave Australia. We dont want or need people like that here.

K

katie_tully

The thing is, because it's a racial issue, any such "peaceful rally by white Australians" will turn into a "White Power" rally, and from there into violence
God damn you. It's an assumption! Idiots will wear "Ethnic Cleansing" t shirts. People who honestly want the violence to stop will congregate together peacefully. I don't get where the double standards are coming from kids.
It's okay to rally in large numbers for the rights of Indigenous Australians, it's okay to rally against VSU, it's okay to rally in favour of gays rights, yet it's automatically neo nazi politics if white Australians protest agaisnt ethnic gangs?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i got this as an email today
Problem is these lebs that are doing all this don't consider themselves Australian. Even though they are born here they are Lebanese and the refuse to accept the Australian culture. They consider themselves superior to other Australians and think they can do whatever they want.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There are two sms's going round one for the aussies and one for the lebs. It's on again at Cronulla on Sunday.

K

katie_tully

Keep me up to date Sydneysiders. I'm spending Christmas in Epping. We were going to Manly for Boxing Day...but if the violence decides to spread itself along the East coast between now and then, maybe not.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
God damn you. It's an assumption! Idiots will wear "Ethnic Cleansing" t shirts. People who honestly want the violence to stop will congregate together peacefully. I don't get where the double standards are coming from kids.
It's okay to rally in large numbers for the rights of Indigenous Australians, it's okay to rally against VSU, it's okay to rally in favour of gays rights, yet it's automatically neo nazi politics if white Australians protest agaisnt ethnic gangs?

you said it sis. i support those aussie rallies, except in some instances when public property gets destroyes.

you dont see aussies smashing hundreds of cars, as the lebs did last night

stainmepink

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
There are two sms's going round one for the aussies and one for the lebs. It's on again at Cronulla on Sunday.
guys, what good is there going to come out of gathering at Cronulla for a fight. All you are doing is creating a bad name for Cronulla, and even worse Australia. International newspapers have picked up on the "rioting" and that could hamper beneficial immigration to our nation.

stainmepink

HSC
SashatheMan said:
you said it sis. i support those aussie rallies, except in some instances when public property gets destroyes.

That is really sad though. How would you feel if you are indeed of middle eastern decent in Australia? I thought we were all for "fair go". If you do support the "white movement", all you are doing is creating a bad name for urself, fueling the media prejudice and unstabling Cronulla's attractive tourist qualities.

nedzelic

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Protecting your community from gangs shouldn't be breaking the law.
doesn't matter whether it should be or not; it is
there is a reason for things like self-defence as they allow to protect themslves or their family from real, immmediate threat - not fukcving driving around and 'leb and wog' bashing

and by the way, not to you but tio everyone, since when did this just beocme grouped to 'wogs' as well????? how the fuck do the actiosn of some lebanese lads turn into a fight against anyone who ahs black hair???? what the fuck, i ask you has a roman catholic italian got to do with a middle eastern muslim??? nothin - the fucking neo nazis have sturred it up and soon it will be directed against all asians and any jews if they can find em

fuckn dumb shits

iamsickofyear12

HSC
SashatheMan said:

I think the aussies should go to lakemba and smash hundreds of cars. See how they like it.

gobaby said:
guys, what good is there going to come out of gathering at Cronulla for a fight. All you are doing is creating a bad name for Cronulla, and even worse Australia. International newspapers have picked up on the "rioting" and that could hamper beneficial immigration to our nation.
This whole thing basically started with the lifeguards more than a week ago. The premier came out and said there would be tougher penalties against people assaulting lifeguards but still nothing has been done about leb gangs harassing and assaulting everyday people. When these lebs are locked up for 25 years for what they have been doing for so many years no one will need to gather at Cronulla.

stainmepink

HSC
nedzelic said:
doesn't matter whether it should be or not; it is
there is a reason for things like self-defence as they allow to protect themslves or their family from real, immmediate threat - not fukcving driving around and 'leb and wog' bashing

and by the way, not to you but tio everyone, since when did this just beocme grouped to 'wogs' as well????? how the fuck do the actiosn of some lebanese lads turn into a fight against anyone who ahs black hair???? what the fuck, i ask you has a roman catholic italian got to do with a middle eastern muslim??? nothin - the fucking neo nazis have sturred it up and soon it will be directed against all asians and any jews if they can find em

fuckn dumb shits
no, you've blown it all out of proportion. Leave it alone and others will leave it alone. calm :) Asians are nice people

stainmepink

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think the aussies should go to lakemba and smash hundreds of cars. See how they like it.

This whole thing basically started with the lifeguards more than a week ago. The premier came out and said there would be tougher penalties against people assaulting lifeguards but still nothing has been done about leb gangs harassing and assaulting everyday people. When these lebs are locked up for 25 years for what they have been doing for so many years no one will need to gather at Cronulla.

i do know that happened. But what result are you going to get if you participate in a rally at Cronulla this Sunday? Are you going to get "back at the Lebs?" Or are you going to create and sustain the "yobbo" mentality out there? You've effectively brought the "yobbo" idea to the medias attention. Do you want Australians to be branded yobbos?

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
You do that, you will smash up a lot of non-leb cars.

If this shit spreads to Lakemba, then I will grab my grandfather's shotgun and shoot anyone I see.

Leb, Aussie - I don't care. Both groups make good fertiliser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)