Crying before/during/after Exams (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah but you're allowed to be upset if you get a shit mark (if its not your own fault!) it just annoyed me when people used to dwell on it

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wildtiger
Has anyone cried when they got their results back?

Or cried after coming out of an exam?

Or cried before an exam coz of stress?

I had 6 exams in 4 days and i cried before my first one [english] coz i wasnt prepared enough and i cried after a physics one coz i realised i did a whole question wrong =P

After the 3u Maths, heaps of people cried coz they couldnt do half the paper.

Makes us worried doesnt it :( is crying a good thing coz you can release your emotions? or is it a bad thing because you're feeling so negative that you're crying? :mad1:
i nearly cried before an exam the other day but i stopped myself coz im like if i cry i wont get through da exam, if that makes sense.

KfWang

Originally posted by *girl04*
i nearly cried before an exam the other day but i stopped myself coz im like if i cry i wont get through da exam, if that makes sense.
yuh its good to hand in you test to the teachers in a solid (not soggy) condition
anyway its too late to cry before the exam, if you think you dont know anything then you certainly wont let anything by crying.. just do some work next time and stop being a lazy bludger lol..
unless its your HSC.. then your screwed :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KfWang
yuh ppl always throw up before important situations..
but i havnt cried over exams or thrown up.. i think ive developed an immunity towards shithole marks lol...
i know someone that cries alot about bad exam marks, though i dont really get it
i think that crying over what you got is useless, you cant change it, why not just sace the energy and get on with life?
the energy used to cry can be used to make up excuses over why you did so poorly lolol
i dont get it?!??! do they make themselves throw up or do they just throw up coz they r nervous?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yuh its good to hand in you test to the teachers in a solid (not soggy) condition
anyway its too late to cry before the exam, if you think you dont know anything then you certainly wont let anything by crying.. just do some work next time and stop being a lazy bludger lol..
im in year 11, so i dont consider myself screwed ... yet! Anyway i didnt cry during that exam, but i kept thinking about stuff, wondering thoughts .. anyways im yet to see how i did

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
yeah i did:
1) sometimes during exams
2) When i got my results back, I was just too happy and couldn't believe my dream came drue.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hmmm maybe if u hand in the exam all wet, with tears in your eyes they might give u extra marks? like they may ask you whats wrong then you could start crying and talk about all stuff. hmmm ...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
cry at home...more pocket money and sympathy from relatives..
i find more sympathy at school though, seriouslt though if anyone cries its like omg what wrong at home it just like yeah yeah ...

Gemstone

Yeah I cried when I got my prelim results back last year. I thought I was gonna have to do year 11 again cos I failed half my exams. I got so upset and I'd done the stupidest things like misread questions and things and gotten so stressed out before the exam that I just couldn't think straight.

I don't know why I thought i'd have to re-do yr. 11 though cos all my other marks were good, it was just the exam. I guess I just thought the exam was everything. Silly me. Well at least I know never to think that again. Now I'm thinking of the HSC in little steps so that it doesn't seem as daunting and I don't ever get myself that stressed out ever again.

Gems

KfWang

Originally posted by Gemstone
I just thought the exam was everything. Silly me. Well at least I know never to think that again. Now I'm thinking of the HSC in little steps so that it doesn't seem as daunting and I don't ever get myself that stressed out ever again.

Gems
hehe yuh well i guess i never though beyond now (unless i had exams) so i was never really that stressed, but on the otherhand it made me quite... not knowing what was going on lol

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Demandred
It's not like the test will determine whether you will go to heaven or hell.
Maybe if that test meant you couldn't get into uni and whored yourself out just to pay the rent it might

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
I always cry the night before the first exam because I really hate the feeling of having to sit there and write for 3 hours and not having a chance to think things through properly.

I also cry when I get my maths results back because I try so hard and I still manage to fail by only a few marks. I get so frustrated.

I'm fine when I actually get into the exam, though, even if I have no idea what to write. I guess I'm lucky about that.

One girl walked out of an exam last year in the year 11 half yearlies because she didn't know an answer...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i dont cry over results cos i pretty much know if i completely f***ed up an exam from the moment i put the pen down....so i get upset straight after and when the results roll around, its pretty much no shock but its still pretty bad :(

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
been there, done that.

i have cried before an exam... last year's first hsc 3u maths exam.. when i got my results for that exam cos i got 42 outta 48 and i came 6th out of 16 people.

you have a problem. its one of two that i see a lot:

1. you lied about the crying bit because you needed an excuse to try and direct people's attention towards your good mark and/or difficulty of your internals.

PROBLEM - you are an atttention whore grow up nobody really wants to hear about your result. you are seeking approval well you wont find it here nor will it come about from subtlety.

2. you really did cry even though you got an excellent mark.

PROBLEM - you are an untamed perfectionist. i can semi-sympathise in this instance because i too am a perfectionist. however, there comes a point where you let it take control of your emotions - never cross that line and perfectionism can be a sheer benefit and pathway to success.

im sure youre smart enough to realise despite rankings the insignificance of 4 marks let alone the first assesment (prob around 15% only). fix your problem and then come back and talk to me

PS after observing your sig about wanting to quote yourself (although a joke, it still reflects on your personality) i am assuming problem number 1.

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
never cried during an exam, and havent cried yet from getting results back.
its really strange, but since starting year 12, ive been calm, obviously sometimes i feel crap about the results but i realise that crying isnt going to improve it, so im determined to improve by actually working rather than just crying about it

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The worst feeling I ever had during an exam was during reading time and I felt as though I simply couldn't do any of it, felt tears welling up and more than anything just wanted to walk out of the room.

But I stayed and ended up with something like 70%, which was quite amazing.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
PS after observing your sig about wanting to quote yourself (although a joke, it still reflects on your personality) i am assuming problem number 1.
:uhhuh:

attention seeking whores annoy me...
weak personality - :rolleyes: - validate youself because no one else will - except to make you shut up:D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)