CSSA trial extension 1 (1 Viewer)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
xoxo said:
wow
it was disgusting
i looked at Q1 part a and i went blank. i was like wtf i cant do this. thankgod it was only a partial mind blank coz i went back to it later and got it out easily.
i dont think out of 84 marks i got like 50. no joke. i started adding them up and got to about 40 and then i went and attempted some more
i think i would have got more marks had i NOT sat the exam
please remind me why i chose 3u maths?
is it too late to drop?
why do u want to drop u only have 1 exam left which is the HSC no point dropping now, waste of time but u can if u really really want to!

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

drop?
u still got hope,cmon,work much harder from now on....

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

filo_romz said:
WHAT THE! mine didn't look like that =X my end points where [0,1] and [1,0] =/ .. but i dno .. that graph doesn't make sense to me tho .. cuz if y = x was an asymptote, the graph(s ) shudn't be able to touch it or cross it >_<
yea ur right romz it was a oblique asymptote/curve.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
wrxsti said:
i spent 20 mins on that...... LITERALLY 20 FUKN MINS.....
usually i finish CSSA 3u tests in under an hour 10 mins ...... for this one .... i finished wit 20 mins to spare and i spent dose last mins on dat question.... WAT KINDA QUESTION IS THAT TO PUT FOR QUESTION 1?

hopefully ill get low 90's maybe high 80's........ bye bye 98 average :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
dont worry my friend spent 30mins on the first question, he said he blank out!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

Hikari Clover said:
drop?
u still got hope,cmon,work much harder from now on....
cant really work much harder isnt your next test will be the HSC unless there in still some assessment in your school caused we finished all of ourS!

HSc is our last hurdle

seanieg89

HSC
man that was pretty intense for 3u... trust the arnolds. :D. how do the 4u people reckon they went in it?
from going through answers with people im thinking 78/84 is the minimum i can get. only marks i believe i dropped are forgetting to back-substitute in the integral and 4 or 5 marks out of the 5 from the binomial part of q7 lol that one was a bitch. Does anyone reckon they got full marks for the paper?

ps what numerical answer did people get for last question last part? was it some crazy 9 or 10 digit number? damn i hate the nCk notation.

goodluck for friday fellow 4u people!

leegem

HSC
i dont know how i went in 3u...heaps of questions threw me...probably because i didnt study enough. our skool still hasnt finished like 25% of the course :(

not lookin forward to 4u on friday...feel even more unprepared for it than for 3u and plus i have physics tomorrow afternoon which is causin my brain to bust (being my worst subject and i want to drop it)

beentherdunthat

HSC
leegem said:
i dont know how i went in 3u...heaps of questions threw me...probably because i didnt study enough. our skool still hasnt finished like 25% of the course :(

not lookin forward to 4u on friday...feel even more unprepared for it than for 3u and plus i have physics tomorrow afternoon which is causin my brain to bust (being my worst subject and i want to drop it)
:wave: Ahhhh good luck!!! Personally, I'm unprepared for 4unit as well... I wonder if i'll EVER be prepared.. hehehe.:sleep:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I was halfway through writing the answer to number one when it was pens down and I was front row centre so I couldn't finish :(
Damn, that sucks x.x; I usually get back'ish seats cos we're arranged alphabetically. Tho you still have a chance of getting the mark if the marker's generous, I guess. Don't give up hope >.<

leegem said:

Share my pain >.O; Tho I like phys, I'm still worried about tomo's exam. And 4U the immediate day after that >.<;

gotheswanz

HSC
seanieg89 said:
man that was pretty intense for 3u... trust the arnolds. :D. how do the 4u people reckon they went in it?
from going through answers with people im thinking 78/84 is the minimum i can get. only marks i believe i dropped are forgetting to back-substitute in the integral and 4 or 5 marks out of the 5 from the binomial part of q7 lol that one was a bitch. Does anyone reckon they got full marks for the paper?

ps what numerical answer did people get for last question last part? was it some crazy 9 or 10 digit number? damn i hate the nCk notation.

goodluck for friday fellow 4u people!

Yeah similarly i only had problem with the last question and i made a really stupid mistake with the area of the inverse. got the right answer by pure fluke so ill lose 1 mark there. but yeah i just used the formula b4 for the last part and got a 10 digit number as well.

chousta

HSC
hey,

can someone post up this paper or pm me? Plz

thanks

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Chinmoku03 said:
Damn, that sucks x.x; I usually get back'ish seats cos we're arranged alphabetically. Tho you still have a chance of getting the mark if the marker's generous, I guess. Don't give up hope >.<
Haha unfortunately it was a 1 mark question. I hadn't studied circle geometry at all and so my logic was that one angle was supplementary with the other on the straight line and then the opposite corner of the quadrilateral was supplementary with that (about the only cyclic quad rule I know) therefore it was the same as the one outside the square. I'd only written the part about the straight line :p

nealos

HSC
looking at all the comments.. either you peopel are all 3/2 unit people or dont know your stuff...
compared to last years paper for cssa this was way easier.. yes questions were abstract in some instances but being only 2 marks in most cases . just a little thought got you to your answer.....

this one was harder in some cases ( binomial) but apart from that pretty easy..
if u had done previous cssa papers .. and studied what u got wrong ..
you would have noticed a question repeated for induction.... ( o4 paper) just revising formula's night before would have given a 50+ i wud say

but I guess looking from a 4u perspective i may be different to others,

and no for some people saying the exam was badly implemented .. your pretty horrible and understanding what trials are for i gues....

pattersonst

HSC
hey guys,
this is my first entry. that test was easily the hardest CSSA trial in the last 5 years. But to reassure you all, the hsc and the CSSA trial are usually opposites in terms of hardness :p

e.g. in 04, the trial was easier but the hsc was very hard.

hope the hsc is easy then this year.

do you guys really think someone got full marks in that test?

sufyan

HSC
I dont think anyone in my school doing that paper would have scored 100 but very close to it. Im predicting the highest mark to be 96

My friend, who is a maths genius found it a little challenging in some places, especially the binomial question right at the end..which i had no clue about!

I loved the fact that there were so many show that questions :)

Apart from that, I really need to work on some more past papers. We have two sets of trials in our school and the next one is jus around the corner. Wish me luck

DivJx

HSC
N/A
nealos said:
looking at all the comments.. either you peopel are all 3/2 unit people or dont know your stuff...
This is the point the paper should be cattered for all not just for 4 unit students, its a 3 unit paper after all. there where definately E3 & E4 questions but not what I would classify alot of E1/2 questions enough at the beginning. The whol being is that there should be enough questions accross the bands to give a good measure which to be frank this paper was lacking.

nealos said:
compared to last years paper for cssa this was way easier.. yes questions were abstract in some instances but being only 2 marks in most cases . just a little thought got you to your answer.....
Load of crap last years CSSA paper was easy compared to this you've gotta to be kidding if you think otherwise or you didn't know your stuff when doingn last years paper as it was a cake walk. Talk to any teacher and they would say the same.

nealos said:
you would have noticed a question repeated for induction.... ( o4 paper) just revising formula's night before would have given a 50+ i wud say
this would have been what I would call very poor to have a question repeated in just 2 or so years.

nealos said:
and no for some people saying the exam was badly implemented .. your pretty horrible and understanding what trials are for i gues....
I think your talking out of your **** here as the purpose of the paper is to try and replicate the hsc not to shatter students by making the paper diificult. If you think that it is there to push students then you would have to be as stupid as the examiners thinking that. Not having a go at you but the paper was not a replication of past hsc papers.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Haha unfortunately it was a 1 mark question. I hadn't studied circle geometry at all and so my logic was that one angle was supplementary with the other on the straight line and then the opposite corner of the quadrilateral was supplementary with that (about the only cyclic quad rule I know) therefore it was the same as the one outside the square. I'd only written the part about the straight line :p
Well, I dunno your teacher, but who knows, maybe he/she'll feel generous

*Is making a poor attempt at cheering people up >.<;

hey guys,
this is my first entry. that test was easily the hardest CSSA trial in the last 5 years. But to reassure you all, the hsc and the CSSA trial are usually opposites in terms of hardness :p
Depends on what you mean by hard, I guess. Personally, I fail at lateral thinking, so HSC papers are harder for me, whereas I'm good with dead questions, if you get what I mean, so CSSA is easier for me ^.^;

Ok, firstly, 2U people wouldn't even be sitting the 3U exam <.< And it's a 3U test, what kinda people would you expect to be taking the exam? 3U people, of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)