Dear god, put your phones on silent. (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I wish I had cool lecturers like that. I mean, some are cool, all are competent and all are occasionally funny. The closest I get to that level of comedy is a maths lecturer who scratches his head and gets puzzled over simple arithmetic, and another maths lecturer who launches into absurd tangents at the most absurd of things.
Easdown? Fuck I loved that guy to bits.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^nope. the first one is Lai, and the second is Palmer. We get some guy called Zhang later on this term who I understand it meant to be pretty good.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I have Easdown for Linerar Algebra. He constantly pimps his book out to everyone. Not a bad lecturer though (and also a bit funny, lol).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
^nope. the first one is Lai, and the second is Palmer. We get some guy called Zhang later on this term who I understand it meant to be pretty good.
Palmer's great too. I found Ruibin Zhang to be not all that great, but then I hardly turned up to his lectures.

jb_nc: Easdown has a book now?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
jb_nc: Easdown has a book now?
Yeah, "A First Course in Linear Algebra" by the good doctor.

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
withoutaface said:
David Easdown is an awesome lecturer - lucky for those of u who have him for linear algebra. we get Molev for adv linear algebra - his russian accent is funny .

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
haha me too. There was just something about him.... and his loud shirts. He was probably the best maths lecturer I had out of all the maths courses I did.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
Seriously. It's fucking rude and disruptive having people's dumbass ringtones go off during lectures and tutes. Every lecture and tute Ive gone to this week, at least twice someone's phone has gone off. You don't have to turn off your phone completely- just put it on silent. Have some respect for those around you who bothered to turn their phones to silent and want to learn. Have some respect for your lecturer or tutor. Just put your damn phones on silent- it's not hard!

-end rant-
*nods*

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
tusche dagwoman. my chem lecturer last year was so harsh about it, he's send the phone owner out..it is really rude, it's annoying and its not like you're gonna answer the phone in a class anyway...so put it on silent!!!!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
tusche dagwoman. my chem lecturer last year was so harsh about it, he's send the phone owner out..it is really rude, it's annoying and its not like you're gonna answer the phone in a class anyway...so put it on silent!!!!
I really don't think anyone has the intentions to keep their phone on ringing so that they can answer it....they simply forget.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've done it. It makes you feel cool. :p

I think it was babydoll in the unsw section who said that she once wrote "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in big letters on her book so that the people behind her could see. That's a pretty good strategy.

fearless86

HSC
yeah- talking's probably worse than phones, cos it can just drag on whereas phone gets turned off.

we were in a really dull lecture the other day, then this phone went off and ringtone was ridiculous sound of a dog barking to one of beethoven's symphonies. welcome relief from lecturer's monotone.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
While I still hate phones going off, people talking is indeed worse.

What I find astounding is that several times I've had people talking constantly and very animatedly (throwing arms around etc.) while sitting in front of me. The thing is, this has happened when these people are in the second or third row! Like WTF, if you're going to be an asshole and talk, go up the back at LEAST, so the lecturer doesn't have to see you and the people at the front obviously because they want to learn don't have to listen to your crap.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Lecturers are allowed to "throw" people out, aren't they?

Usually lecturers want to publicly embarass those with disrupting phones. At least in my case, it is.

tennille

HSC
I remember Trevor Hambley kicking someone out of a chemistry lecture. That was funny.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tezza6189 said:
David Easdown is an awesome lecturer - lucky for those of u who have him for linear algebra. we get Molev for adv linear algebra - his russian accent is funny .
Hahaha Molev almost failed me last semester.

lengy

HSC
You'd be surprised. Some people answer their phones. Some say it could be an emergency. If it was an emergency you wouldn't be in class. Fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)