Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Ok. So it depends.

Mike Smith from Suffocation is pretty incredible for speed and intenseness (is that even a word). George Kollias, Romain Goulon, Thomas Haake, Eric Lebailley, Jaska Raitikainen are some of the craziest drumming I've heard

Mike Portnoy, Martin Lopez (and to a lesser extent his replacement Martin Axenrot), Steve Judd, Gavin Harrison and Andols Herrick are the most musical, tasteful drummers for Metal I know of. They play what's needed, nothing more, nothing less. There are a few others I'm sure, just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
This

Also, Chris Adler
Yea Adler is good, but I wouldn't put him in this realm. He's musical and a good writer, but he's not PARTICULARLY technically brilliant and the bands and styles he tends to play in tend to drive him to more simplistic stuff than I think he's capable of.

He's about on par with Joey... which is a compliment, because they're both amazing drummers. But they don't really get to go in my "best Metal drummers" list, because its not on that same level as like Martin Lopez or Steve Judd where their playing is almost organically locking in with both bass and guitars while creating its own rhythmical identity.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
http://www.behemoth.pl/site/index.php/eng#calosc.237.BEHEMOTH_TO_TOUR_AUSTRALIA!!_ said:
BEHEMOTH TO TOUR AUSTRALIA!!
posted 2009-12-04 by Manticore

Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH will return to Australia in April 2010 as part of a co-headlining tour with Arizona's JOB FOR A COWBOY. Also appearing on the bill is GOATWHORE.

The dates are as follows:

April 12 - Capitol, Perth, AUS
April 13 - Fowlers Live, Adelaide, AUS
April 14 - Billboard, Melbourne, AUS
April 16 - Metro, Sydney, AUS
April 17 - Hi-Fi, Brisbane, AUS

Tickets go on sale on Friday, December 11.
awesome

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Uhh, why does everyone still like that gayhemoth crap.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I bought Satanica, Demigod and Baltic upon the recommendation of a friend and had a listen. Arh, worst 50 bucks I've ever dropped.
  1. Sounds like Nile
  2. Sounds like Dimmu Borgir
  3. Nergal has the vocal range of a goat
  4. Can't hear any bass
  5. Too much blastbeats
  6. Crap Hellhammer cover

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i only listen to demigod, first 3 songs of apostasy, and evangelion.

i didnt like their older black metal stuff, because i dont like old school black metal (i'm guessing you're a black metal fan, considering your username and avater).

Dimmu Borgir is more symphonic (though i only have one of their albums, and dont really like it much).

They do abuse blastbeats in their latest album, but i like it, inferno's gotten waaayyyy better since apostasy.

Yes, nergal doesnt have much vocal range, i still like the band tho, their music and stuff.

More bass in their latest album, evangelion.

Also, i like Nile as well, so it's all good for me. You got their latest album, Those Whom the Gods Detest? It's fairly awesome, Kollias plays even more insanely compared to the other 2 albums he drummed in. This album, and Annihilation of the Wicked, are my favourite Nile albums.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Yes, I like black metal but I'm more of a death metal fan... and my username is just a place in America.

Listened to Nile's new one on Youtube. They're not bad but I kinda zoned out after a while. I've never been into pure technical death metal. I never managed to get into it so now I just stick to plain death metal, with the exception of some technical jazz metal.
You can't go wrong with a bit of Atheist or Malevolent Creation.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i listen to a lot of melodic death metal, but i also have varying tastes.

Insomnium is by far my favourite band, and there are other mdm bands im into, like In Flames' earlier stuff, Amon Amarth, Nightrage, some Kalmah, Noumena, then i listen to Behemoth, Nile, God Dethroned (latest album is awesome), Zonaria, Bloodbath, Anaal Nathrakh, Necrophagist, so its not like im only into tech dm.
i like my mdm, then i like everything else.

except black metal, lol. Normally i dont mind what kinda vocals bands have (though i love the deep growls from amon amarth, nile, beyond the sixth seal), i mainly go for the music (hence my love for mdm), but i really dont like black metal vocals, lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Your musical compatibility with ScotomaCode is High

Music you have in common includes In Flames, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Necrophagist and Rammstein.

HSC
This thread is why I hate the death metal scene. Nile fucking sucks. They're boring as batshit and couldn't write a memorable riff to save their life. They get too wrapped up in "shredding" and being "brutal" that everything sounds vapid and lifeless.

Melodic death metal is for pussies and 12 year olds who want to convince their mum that they're "extreme". The only melodic death metal release which is actually acceptable is Carcass's Heartwork, and that's because they're fucking Carcass.

If you disagree with me, you're fucking wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)