Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
This thread is why I hate the death metal scene. Nile fucking sucks. They're boring as batshit and couldn't write a memorable riff to save their life. They get too wrapped up in "shredding" and being "brutal" that everything sounds vapid and lifeless.

Melodic death metal is for pussies and 12 year olds who want to convince their mum that they're "extreme". The only melodic death metal release which is actually acceptable is Carcass's Heartwork, and that's because they're fucking Carcass.

If you disagree with me, you're fucking wrong.
Yeah, the latest stuff out of Gothenburg is the most abhorrent mainstream garbage ever. It reminds me why I hate clean vocals in metal. Especially when it's in the chorus.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
This thread is why I hate the death metal scene. Nile fucking sucks. They're boring as batshit and couldn't write a memorable riff to save their life. They get too wrapped up in "shredding" and being "brutal" that everything sounds vapid and lifeless.

Melodic death metal is for pussies and 12 year olds who want to convince their mum that they're "extreme". The only melodic death metal release which is actually acceptable is Carcass's Heartwork, and that's because they're fucking Carcass.

ok then what do u listen to?

carcass's Heartwork was really good, but my favourite mdm would easily have to be Insomnium (though their latest album isnt that good).

HSC
Mainly grindcore nowadays. Insect Warfare, Kill the Client, Captain Cleanoff, Pig Destroyer, The Day Everything Became Nothing, etc.

I was expecting a Gorguts-Suffocation-Bolt Thrower jizzfest, at least, not this disgusting excuse for a death metal thread. I'd even go so far to say that every band I have heard that originates from Gothenburg sucks some enormous sweaty testicles.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
all in flames albums from their first till clayman were good, r2r onwards became shit when they became an "aLtErNaTiVe" metal band.
thats the only gothenburg i listen to.

insomnium is from finland, amazing stuff.

also, i'll check out some grindcore, i got a friend into this stuff (or was it deathgrind?)

also, i made this thread last year so i can get dm recommendations, and everyone's got different tastes :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
carcass's Heartwork was really good
It's probably my least favourite album by them. Favourite would probably be Symphonies of Sickness or Necroticism.

EDIT:
also, i'll check out some grindcore, i got a friend into this stuff (or was it deathgrind?)
Just make sure you don't confuse grindcore with deathcore. There are a lot of real fans would want to kill you for it. :)

HSC
It's probably my least favourite album by them. Favourite would probably be Symphonies of Sickness or Necroticism.
Yeah, same here. I should make it known that I'm a pretty massive Carcass fanboy, and in my eyes they haven't really put a foot wrong. Reek of Putrefaction is pretty sick too, if you can get past the awful recording. John Peel rated it as his favourite album of 1988.

Arctopus

HSC

Yes. Awesome. Nile has never taken my fancy either. Their overall sound just seems sloppy, rushed and boring and it's as if each instrument is purposely trying to drown the others out; possibly a mix of shitty production with shitty song-writing.

Have you checked out either Rotten Sound's or Magrudergrind's 2009 albums?

Also, The Sound of Perseverance is my favourite Death album.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Has anyone heard of a good metal music supplier in Australia? I'm tired of buying all my stuff online.

lolokay

HSC
every band I have heard that originates from Gothenburg sucks
there are definitely gothenburg based bands that have produced albums of very high quality (at the gates, sacramentum, I also enjoy eucharist and early dark tranquility). However the "gothenburg sound" that emerged quite possibly hasn't resulted in anything worth listening to (and I wouldn't call this style death metal at all - more a variant of heavy metal, or just hard rock).

Arctopus

HSC
there are definitely gothenburg based bands that have produced albums of very high quality (at the gates, sacramentum, I also enjoy eucharist and early dark tranquility). However the "gothenburg sound" that emerged quite possibly hasn't resulted in anything worth listening to (and I wouldn't call this style death metal at all - more a variant of heavy metal, or just hard rock).
I'm at an accord with you.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

I agree with you about Nile but Dark Tranquillity with Fiction showed the direction that In Flames should of kept going with rather than the shit they produced with A Sense of Purpose. At the Gates produced some good stuff and so did In Flames but really A Sense of Purpose was crap, liked a few songs from Come Clarity even though many fans didn't like the album.

Also Omie if they haven't been suggested yet you might like a few of Sepultura's songs, but they take a bit of getting used to.

Last edited:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Death metal is revolting. It's been found that those who listen to it have no sense of tone, pitch, rhythm, etc, basically they don't have anything where the inner ear is meant to be. Instead they have an enlarged outer temporal lobe (which is responsible for the generation of anger and hate) which could explain their desire to 'be filled with hate' when listening to music. Furthermore, statistics tell us that those 'metal' fans are 17 times more likely to be violent criminals than non-metal fans. Basically it should be banned.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Death metal is revolting. It's been found that those who listen to it have no sense of tone, pitch, rhythm, etc, basically they don't have anything where the inner ear is meant to be. Instead they have an enlarged outer temporal lobe (which is responsible for the generation of anger and hate) which could explain their desire to 'be filled with hate' when listening to music. Furthermore, statistics tell us that those 'metal' fans are 17 times more likely to be violent criminals than non-metal fans. Basically it should be banned.
get your fuckin dumb troll ass outta my thread >:-[

plz.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
That is about as plausible as this article, Metalheads are delicate.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Not your personal army.

Also what other metal genres are you into, do you like doom metal as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)