Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i was kidding lol.

and.. doom metal.. havnt really heard any, tell me their best bands/albums and i'll give it a listen.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I don't understand how they measured creativity. You don't have to be doing Art subjects to be creative.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
For doom metal see if you can get some Samael and Candlemass

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the 2 latest Candlemass albums got good reviews on metal-archives.com, so i downloaded them.

also, dl'd the new Divine Heresy album, first listen thru i found 3 so'ngs that i immediately liked, they're quite an insane band!

lolokay

HSC
for doom: my favourites are diSEMBOWELMENT, Ras Algethi and Skepticism

there are no doubt a number of other great doom bands, but these are the main three that have caught my attention so far, and have created some of my favourite music

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Also for a different form try to get some Alchemist, they might be hard to get torrents for since they aren't all that big but you never know

Arctopus

HSC
Doom / sludge / drone:

Black Sabbath; doom
Boris; sludge, drone
Cult of Luna; doom
Electric Wizard; doom, sludge, stoner / psychedelic. I highly recommend their album Dopethrone.
Giant Squid; sludge, doom. Also highly recommend their latest album The Icthyologist.
Neurosis; doom, sludge
Sunn O))); drone... strictly drone. Usually no drums in every track, just a wall of sound.
Supermachiner; Jacob and Kurt of Converge's side project.
Swallow the Ocean
We Lost the Sea; doom, sludge - We Lost The Sea on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

HSC
N/A
Cannibal Corpse is good, i crank up 'rancid amputation' when I'm left alone with the kiddies (I work part-time at a day-care centre).

lyrics:

Dying slowly never to rest, nerves are quivering as I trip
Removal of life on the blade of my knife
Inserted in your spine, smashing through bone
Feel my hell, I feed on fright
Rape the limbless cadaver

really great stuff, the kids tend to go silent, and some try run outside, by I hold em down and make em listen

lolokay

HSC
Cannibal Corpse is good, i crank up 'rancid amputation' when I'm left alone with the kiddies (I work part-time at a day-care centre).

lyrics:

really great stuff, the kids tend to go silent, and some try run outside, by I hold em down and make em listen
hm these trull attempts aren't very good. be more creative and subtle

HSC

lyrics:

You should have picked another song, one that wasn't featured on the Chaser. Anyway, Anal Blast lyrics are so much better than those of Cannibal Corpse.

EDIT: Sunn O))) fucking rule. Bathory Erzsebet is one of the greatest pieces of music I have ever heard.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Definitely check out Woods of Ypres if you're into or want to get into Doom Metal. In particular, their newest album "The GREEN Album" has some really great tracks on it.

Also, for more symphonic slowed-down doom metal, also known as Funeral metal, check out the applicably named band Funeral.​

Arctopus

HSC
You should have picked another song, one that wasn't featured on the Chaser. Anyway, Anal Blast lyrics are so much better than those of Cannibal Corpse.

EDIT: Sunn O))) fucking rule. Bathory Erzsebet is one of the greatest pieces of music I have ever heard.
Do you have their album where they collaborated with Boris? There are some REAL skullcrushers on there.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True hardcore fan in a childcare centre would have at the very least gone for Necropedophile...

:)

meeatu

HSC
Definately get more Carcass, specifically "Symphonies of Sickness". Fucking top goregrind.

Here's a few.

Death - the original death metal band (yes, I know that Possessed put out Seven Churches in '85, so fuck off). Get everything you can. If you're actually into buying albums, Utopia has Leprosy, Individual Thought Patterns and Human on sale for like $10 each.
Napalm Death - their stuff with Barney Greenway. I'd still recommend getting Scum and From Enslavement to Obliteration.
Bolt Thrower - Specifically War Master.
Cryptopsy (Even though their new shit will be terrible) - specifically "None So Vile". Phobophile has to be one of the catchiest death metal songs ever.
Atheist - All of their shit
Cynic - jazz-fusion/death metal, a great combination. Only put out "Focus", but it is one of the greatest albums ever produced.
Gorguts - I've only got "Obscura", but it has to be one of the strangest albums I have ever heard. In a good way, though.
Demilich - only put out one album back in '93, "Nespithe". Crazy time signatures, tempos and all that.
Origin. You'd probably like this, if you're looking for some intense shit played at ridiculous speeds.
Suffocation - specifically "Pierced from Within". Side note: I used this album cover as a related text for an English assessment, and got 14/15.)

Great taste man!
Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for?
Death metal is a pretty broad genre, I could fill the screen with names of bands, and you might like only a few of them... What particular sound are you into?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Encyclopaedia Metallum - Eluveitie

a very awesome Folk/Melodic Death Metal band i just came across.

i downloaded their album "Spirit", first time listening to it and i 5starred every song. (i dont normally love an album after only listening to them once, so this is awesome).
I think lastfm were offering a few free songs from them, if anyone wanted to get their hands on some.

VicerExciser

HSC
eluveitie needs to stick to metal, that fagcoustic album they put out last year sucked ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)