Defining moments of uni (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
O-Week

Thursday night UniBar night where you get home at 5 in the morning and realise in a drunken state you're one of those unfortunate bastards to have ONE class on friday morning, at 9am and you need to go because you're already failing...

X

xeuyrawp

I saw a museum lady drop the head of a mummy, and it rolled along the ground. She nearly fainted.

Chang

HSC
Mine would be not turning up a single lecture for a month due to sleeping in or playing pool =]

Another thing is that i have learned to love having power naps in class and on the trains.

Also i found out that once uve made heaps of friends in your course you no longer need to attend ur lectures coz at least one of them is bound to help you out in assessments.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I hope you double gloved up, Lexi, don't want you getting mad cow disease!!

On the note of anatomy, are any other uni's cruel and give you 90% final exams for the subject? (We have 50% theory, 40% prac ... eeek, hey)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Our anat and phys comes under Bio-Med science and we have2 exams - one of chem and physics worth 45%, anat and physiology worth another 45% and labs worth 10%

So, yes, they are cruel in all sciences :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Another defining moment would be before every exam where I think to myself 'oh crap, i've done no work and haven't studied for any of this stuff' and then thinking to myself 'well... the same thing occured last semester and it turned out alright'.... leading me to not attempt any exam preparation.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Another moment: The moment where despite all you've promised yourself at the beginning of the semester, when it comes to the last week of stuvac, you just can't be bothered studying "just yet".

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Getting close to exam time and promising myself I'll work harder next semester.
Repeating this process one semester after another.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I hope you double gloved up, Lexi, don't want you getting mad cow disease!!

On the note of anatomy, are any other uni's cruel and give you 90% final exams for the subject? (We have 50% theory, 40% prac ... eeek, hey)
No history of CJD (let alone vCJD) in Australian cadavers (all deaths of donor candidates must be natural, any other kind requires full investigation including autopsy).

But yes, I was gloved. :)

jellybeenz

HSC
Realising although I go to Uni every day and attend some lectures and most tutes- it doesn't necessarily mean I have done any work all semester or that I am able to write an essay on any topic we have supposedly covered.

Realising that although I don't need to do the Reading to get by in Tutes and assessments- I do need to at least open a textbook to pass an exam.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
letting off bungers @ uni with a whole bunch of turks and lebs and having security run down and call them terrorists

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
No history of CJD (let alone vCJD) in Australian cadavers (all deaths of donor candidates must be natural, any other kind requires full investigation including autopsy).

But yes, I was gloved. :)
Its so stupid, the chances of getting it are beyond minimal as it is, but yeah, whenever we handle neural tissue we need to do 2 sets of gloves, as if one aren't irritating enough :rolleyes:

X

xeuyrawp

hipsta_jess said:
Its so stupid, the chances of getting it are beyond minimal as it is, but yeah, whenever we handle neural tissue we need to do 2 sets of gloves, as if one aren't irritating enough :rolleyes:
Why don't they just make thicker gloves.

*Pwar walks in with pink washing-up gloves*

X

xeuyrawp

Lexicographer said:
Because if there's a penetration in one pair, you're protected by the other pair.
Ah, makes sense, I guess. Although it must be annoying to have a reduced sense of touch.

(I'm totally resisting the temptation to add that quotation to my signature...)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well the gloves aren't very thick, and you can feel all macrotextures through them. It's not like wearing leather gloves or those thinsulate monstrosities. :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
For some reason I find the discussion of rubber gloves decidedly creepy. I don't know why.

Lucky I study arts.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Because if there's a penetration in one pair, you're protected by the other pair.
But if you're using scalpels etc, wouldn't a cut in one generally go through both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)