Did you choose the High School you now attend or did your Parents force it on you? (1 Viewer)

Did you choose the High School you now go to?

• Yes it was my choice

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • No my parents forced me to go to a particular school

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters

cassieagill

HSC
Re: Did you choose the High School you now attend or did your Parents force it on you

My parents forced me to go to my school because my older sister already went there, she got to choose to go there because at the time it was a school well known for their performing arts program...i don't care about the performing arts and it is a school filled with druggos and waggers and no hopers

(also it has no funds and terrible teachers)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Re: Did you choose the High School you now attend or did your Parents force it on you

Parents made me go to the closest local school :mad1:
Even though there were far greater academic schools only a bus ride away...

sinophile2

HSC
N/A

Parents didn't go to school. I chose what school to go to. It was not a good one.

rawrgasmic

HSC

i didn't have much choice seeing as how there was only 1 high school near me 2nd closest is like a 30min bus ride

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A

I chose the school I go to now..my parents chose this other school which I went to for a year, I hated it so much that I searched and searched for a school I liked and after a lot of nagging, research (and threatening to get myself expelled from the school I was at :p) I got into the school I wanted....it was a good move in terms of freedom.

sander

HSC

Parents chose for me. But I didn't care very much about which school I'll go to anyway

michaeljennings

HSC

i wanted to go to pennant hills high school but they rejected me because i didnt live in the area. So i ended up having to go to Epping Boys but i got into a selective school so my parents forced me to go to Baulkham Hills. I was very upset at first and did not make a lot of friends at first because me and my friend were fairly dog to the rest of the people in my year 7 class hahaha

Gigacube

HSC

I chose 2 high schools out of a list of 6 that my parents & I liked. One was a public school & the other was a private Christian school. In the end my parents & I agreed to go to the public school as it worked out cheaper for year 7-12 & the private school had a higher number of people dropping out in year 10.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wanted to go to hurlstone. Mum said there were too many Asians.

LonelyWolf

HSC

parents chose it, its traditional. too bad its turned to shit

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

Was the closest school, all my mates were going there, mum went there so I really didn't want to go anywhere else.

Had the option to go to a selective school and I passed.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

i fucking hate asians.
That's not nice xD
Hurlstone is shit if you're trying out for Year 11 placement because you have to do Agriculture for your HSC...
I currently attend [Selective Stream] Macquarie Fields High School (Ranking of like 120ish, Partially Selective)... I actually was about to go to Chester Hill HS but MFHS accepted me when I was a reserve in Year 6 for Selective Test. I actually wanted to go to MFHS...

Hoping to get into Syd Tech this year ;)

imZerroo

HSC

went to the closest public school yrs 7 and 8 and came out as a dropkick coz i had no motivation.
moved to an entirely different suburb and rents kinda made me go to a private school.
i dont think i would be giving a crap about school if i didnt go to a private school.
environment affects me greatly. love my parents for that decision :)

Carl5

HSC

Personally I use to go to a private school in years 5 and 6, and was enrolled in the high school for year 7, but on the last day of year 6 I decided to change schools because the school had a rather stuck up nature. I'm now at a public school and loving it. I was originally forced to go to the private school, but it was my decision to change.

Gigacube

HSC

totally agree with this statement. I was in a private school in year 10 and I left despite being there for a year.
More than 25 people left our school.
I could say how glad am I not to attend a private school anymore.
had enough of private school life!
I really didn't expect that. I thought that it would encourage people to work more in school or something but I guess some people may have gotten sick of how strict it was & the extra religious events they have to do on a regular basis. I can understand that people would move to other schools as the price increases a lot for year 11 & 12.

Alkanes

HSC

Private schools have ridiculous rules, their way of discipline is hell.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Mummy and daddy semi-chose my school.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
That's not nice xD
Hurlstone is shit if you're trying out for Year 11 placement because you have to do Agriculture for your HSC...
I currently attend [Selective Stream] Macquarie Fields High School (Ranking of like 120ish, Partially Selective)... I actually was about to go to Chester Hill HS but MFHS accepted me when I was a reserve in Year 6 for Selective Test. I actually wanted to go to MFHS...

Hoping to get into Syd Tech this year ;)
I wanted to go every year until year 10 hit then I gave up. Mum isn't getting any of my money after I turn 18 fucking racist bitch.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Private schools have ridiculous rules, their way of discipline is hell.
I dont think so. I think a lot leave because they are shit at school and their parents don't want to pay for 2 extra years of unnecessary schooling when they won't gain anything.
A very large number from my school left. About 50 or something. Many more that should have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)