Did you study in the Summer holidays? (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, so I'm just starting year 12,

:cold:

and I am looking for advice from 09'ers. In summer holidays of year 12, did you study, did you learn ahead, did you do your major works? I know everyone says they're going to, but does it happen?

Tell me what you did, and if it benefited you :D I'd like to get an idea.

shady145

Banned
HSC
no, i had a holiday as it as the last proper holiday u'll get in school years...
go snowbaording ;)
in the last 2 weeks of those hols i started doing some work, did all of next topic for chem and phys... this had neg and pos sides, negative was i felt like i already done the work and so slacked off in class, postives is that i had dot points summarised

have a holiday!!!

Jai5on

HSC
Did you study in the Summer holidays????

FUCK NO!

murphyad

HSC
I did not a shred of study in the summer holidays.

I was concerned at the time that I was screwing myself over, but in retrospect it doesn't seem to have done too much damage.

On the other hand - if you think it will help you and you are motivated, go for it! Personal preference, really.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
All I did was a load of practice paintings for Visual Arts. I had close to 30 paintings at the end of the holidays. It helped a lot when it came to actually starting my body of work in term 1.
I say work on your VAPD over the holidays. That's about it really.

Reading your texts for English helps too.

kaytee91

HSC
I did absolutely nothing. Enjoy them, and maybe just read some of your english texts or something if you feel guilty.

nevi

HSC
I did very little study. But if you have major works: Work on them over the summer holidays! It was really helpful to have lots of drafts and that. :)

nosh22

HSC
I did. I paced myself and summarised all of my term 4 topics for all of my subjects over the six weeks and it was a gift when the half yearly's came around at the end of term one.

But I only did it coz my parents were yelling at me to do work. If I took a day off, they'd have a hissy fit.

HailSatan

HSC
The only thing I did was assessments - Only because they actually contributed to my final mark.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I read my texts for Advanced English. I did some work for my Personal Interest Project for Society and Culture. Besides that I did very little honestly.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Awesome :) I've got two majors to be working on, VA and EEII, so I'll try to get a head start on those, but I'll take it easy.

I've read most of my related text for english already, (did it last holidays :p). If I have time left over (HA!) I'll attempt to summarise sciences, but so far I've been pretty consistent with keeping my notes up to date, so I should be ok with that.

Thanks guys, it's good to hear what people actually did. Makes me feel a lot better.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yes, i would definitely do some casual work on your major works to save yourself the stress later, but apart from that just have a nice holiday.

HSC
I will, catchup on work and study notes

considering i finish a week before the rest of the school breaks up :)

so i aim to have my IRP complete say the 8th of January before i go on my cruise, so that way by the time i get back, i can just proof it and print it and bind it and be happy!

And have half my PIP done and have my english texts read about 2 times through then disect them....i sound like the most organised person but i am not, i will procrasinate along the way but try not too!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I will, catchup on work and study notes

considering i finish a week before the rest of the school breaks up :)

so i aim to have my IRP complete say the 8th of January before i go on my cruise, so that way by the time i get back, i can just proof it and print it and bind it and be happy!

And have half my PIP done and have my english texts read about 2 times through then disect them....i sound like the most organised person but i am not, i will procrasinate along the way but try not too!

Dude, you plan to have one major work finished and the other half finished by January? These things take time! I really urge you to re-think rushing through your PIP, the best ideas only come after months of research and consideration.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I don't recall doing any study in those holidays. In hindsight I probably should've done a bit more, but I still wouldn't recommend going overboard - it's your last good holiday until the HSC really.

hollaholla

HSC
Okay seriously...you do not need to do a LOT...just go through stuff..once or twice a week. I didnt do much at all...and OMG people keep saying "last holiday till end of hsc". In my view this is soo untrue. My half yearly exams ended just before the easter holidays and i did nothing all holidays. July holidays..barely anything...and im doing pretty okay - why? cause there are PLENTY of school days /weekends. Its up to how much you think you need to do. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)