discursive help (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Bro my english teacher is a demon he literally said that before failing 1/3 of the cohort in our first assignment. Im honestly scared of english teachers. They say one thing but do another.
Bro our english teacher is always tryna scare us for no reason. I garuntee she could humble any kid. Just bring Mr Xhu from James Ruse and he'll be humbled.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah I dont know whats going on with english teachers honestly. I feel like they flip a coin if they wanna be generous or not

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Mate enjoy yr 11 while it lasts. Year 12 is just depressing lol. Covid saved us ngl.
I'm already in Year 12, or I'm starting HSC? hahaha. Just finished Year 11. English is the only subject I'm feeling a scared for. At least maths/phys they don't trip you up like this. I'm just worried my english teacher's gonna troll the cohort this year.

uniqueusername1

HSC
How was english for you so far? Did it go rough or did covid gave you extra time to prepare?
Cry myself to sleep ever-day because of it. Its rough. To make it worse our school choose some random text for mod b which had no resources :(

I had to take days of school to just grind english in the hope I would get a decent mark so my parents wouldn't disown me :(

uniqueusername1

HSC
Cry myself to sleep ever-day because of it. Its rough. To make it worse our school choose some random text for mod b which had no resources :(

I had to take days of school to just grind english in the hope I would get a decent mark so my parents wouldn't disown me :(
But now lowkey its not that bad. I just accepted defeat. Just as Winston accepted 2+2=5.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
But now lowkey its not that bad. I just accepted defeat. Just as Winston accepted 2+2=5.
All the best with english, hoping the best for you all I'll probably be freaking out somewhere one year from now. I'm going to put more attention towards it seeing your guys posts. Tbh English makes me more motivated to study maths/phys so its not all that bad.

uniqueusername1

HSC
All the best with english, hoping the best for you all I'll probably be freaking out somewhere one year from now. I'm going to put more attention towards it seeing your guys posts.
Yea gl. I think its just my dodgy as teacher make it harder then it should be but it is what it is. Apparently its really easy to get a band 5-6 in HSC tho for eng.

But the thing for eng the more effort you put it in the less you get out lol. So if i put in 300 hours extra for an assessment I would only get one mark extra than I would off without sweating :(

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I've heard people just mainly use exemplars they get off someone else then just adjust it slightly and they do as good? but apparently the new syllabus for english makes it harder to prepare for the questions? Is it still worth it to just memorise/adjust an exemplar?

uniqueusername1

HSC
I SWEARRR and then these people in my class be getting full marks with their tutor or older sibling's work
Bro exactly pisses me off. Billy from the drop kick class puts like 10 hours in his assignment and gets the same mark as me. After I spend 200 hours grinding and sending drafts to my tutors and own english teachers who say iTs GrEaT sUbMiT iT. What do I see? 14/20. What does Billy see? 15/20.

(Based on a true story- me and my friend jokingly did Billy's assignment in 10 minutes and he scored higher). But the assignment was a shitty poster + reflection.

zizi2003_

HSC
Bro exactly pisses me off. Billy from the drop kick class puts like 10 hours in his assignment and gets the same mark as me. After I spend 200 hours grrinding and sending drafts to my tutors and own english teachers who say iTs GrEaT sUbMiT iT. What do I see? 14/20. What does Billy see? 15/20.

(Based on a true story- me and my friend jokingly did Billy's assignment in 10 minutes and he scored higher). But the assignment was a shitty poster + reflection.
LMAOOO i swear hard work never pays off in english idk why
english was shockingly the only subject i put the most time + effort in and is the only subject my rank's shit in

uniqueusername1

HSC
LMAOOO i swear hard work never pays off in english idk why
english was shockingly the only subject i put the most time + effort in and is the only subject my rank's shit in
Yes thats why I stopped sweating as hard. Now I just grind eco, phys , business and math. Instead of allocating 25 hours towards English I can get 95+ in each of these and boost my ATAR by 2.35.

In stark contrast, If i sweated english my mark for eng would only be 0.213% higher. While, the other subjects would drop by 8.7% which would only bolster ATAR by 0.0123.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)