• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

discursive help (3 Viewers)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Lol just get close to the teacher i guess. This feels so annoying when you cant really guarantee a good mark

zizi2003_

HSC
Yes thats why I stopped sweating as hard. Now I just grind eco, phys , business and math. Instead of allocating 25 hours towards English I can get 95+ in each of these and boost my ATAR by 2.35.

In stark contrast, If i sweated english my mark for eng would only be 0.213% higher. While, the other subjects would drop by 8.7% which would only bolster ATAR by 0.0123.
BRUHH SAMEE
but it really only makes sense to continue practising and extending ourselves for what we're already doing well in to maximise the atar
no point in putting extra time in english at this point

may22

HSC
Does English really get that bad in year 12? I know it’s sort of like, the higher you go up in marks the harder you have to work to keep improving by small steps

lol i tried, for 2 years-
she gets mad whenever i bring her practice responses so ive stopped doing that too and pretty much get no feedback rip
Wow, really? My teacher loves when we hand in practise work. Maybe because we’re a small cohort and she’s really enthusiastic idk...

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Does English really get that bad in year 12? I know it’s sort of like, the higher you go up in marks the harder you have to work to keep improving by small steps

Wow, really? My teacher loves when we hand in practise work. Maybe because we’re a small cohort and she’s really enthusiastic idk...
so lucky. mine literally gets mad cuz she actually has to do her job now ...

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Its just fate. If your born as an emo and your name is Susanna Williams your guaranteed an 18/20.

In stark contrast, if your brown and your name is paramjeet singh they'll give you 14/20 no matter how much you try :(
haha thats what happens, me and my mate are brown and we coincidentally got the same marks for 2 of our assessments and we got dodgy feedback, it felt like they just skipped over it. for our multimodal task the reason I didnt get full marks is because "theres too much stuff in your poster" even though I spent like weeks on perfecting it whereas someone else got full marks for something done on word and she said she did it in 2 days. The teachers ignore us when we try to contribute and always call the ext 1 kids or the girls in our class, it kinda sucks because we genuinely try our hardest for the subject.
Not saying my teachers are racist but they just stereotype us asians who just focus on ext 2 maths and physics or smthn like that and dont give a shit about eng.

vishnay

God
HSC
Its just fate. If your born as an emo and your name is Susanna Williams your guaranteed an 18/20.

In stark contrast, if your brown and your name is paramjeet singh they'll give you 14/20 no matter how much you try :(
i get that this is a joke but english teachers tend to be pretty reasonable sometimes marking can be slightly dodgy

also this excuse wouldn't work at a predominantly indian/asian school lol

may22

HSC
so lucky. mine literally gets mad cuz she actually has to do her job now ...
I feel so sheltered at my small school 😅
All my teachers literally have the biggest smile on their face when I want to hand in practise work

Also with English, do you guys get in depth feedback for your drafts? Our teacher (pre-COVID) would let us sit with her at recess/lunch if we needed her to go over something or explain a comment we didn’t understand

notme123

HSC
i get that this is a joke but english teachers tend to be pretty reasonable sometimes marking can be slightly dodgy

also this excuse wouldn't work at a predominantly indian/asian school lol
ye ikr how many emily richardsons go to ruse lol

zizi2003_

HSC

imo the only ppl that like english are those who then also do well in it
it seems like most ppl on this thread, including me, dont like it coz despite putting in effort we dont get what we expect lol

even when i do submit in responses she either takes about 4 weeks to return it or just says "sElF mArK yOuRsElF! rEfLeCtIoN iS iMpoRtAnT~~"

notme123

HSC
I feel so sheltered at my small school 😅
All my teachers literally have the biggest smile on their face when I want to hand in practise work

Also with English, do you guys get in depth feedback for your drafts? Our teacher (pre-COVID) would let us sit with her at recess/lunch if we needed her to go over something or explain a comment we didn’t understand
ye i had a teacher like this and actually appreciated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)