Distinction Course Discussion (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah, they also kept reinforcing how good it is to do one...and that everyone should apply no matter what, so hopefully its as good as they said it would be

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah. I wish i could have come but I had missed out on so much school that i couldn't afford to go. I had already put in my form, so i couldn't really change my mind. And i thought that the information I would have learnt would have come up if i got the course anyway.
On top of that, my curriculum coordinator told me that the thing would be in december, so i put in the expression of interest late. Sometimes things are so unorganised at school.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah, they also kept reinforcing how good it is to do one...and that everyone should apply no matter what, so hopefully its as good as they said it would be
But at the same time, they also told us NOT to drop it no matter what.

And yeah, I agree with that. It's only fair that way.

jet

Banned
HSC
Ahk.
Was there a reason for not dropping it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jetblack2007 said:
Ahk.
Was there a reason for not dropping it?
Well, you can drop it. But think about it, by giving you a spot, one person didn't get one. On top of that, it costs a fortune for BOS to give you a spot for it. If you drop it, it's a waste of money and effort.

jet

Banned
HSC
ok.

does anyone know the exact date of the residential? Its just my retreat is in term 1.

HSC
jetblack2007 said:
ok.

does anyone know the exact date of the residential? Its just my retreat is in term 1.
Not completely certain, but they said in the first week of school. Something like we leave on the first Friday back, then come back by Tuesday week 2.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I hope my retreats and residential house overlap - our school's retreat is like a soldier camp!

jet

Banned
HSC
My exams are at the end of the term...around week 7.

I am really looking forward to the retreat. Cause we are a Marist school we'll prob. go to Mittagong and i really like it there. I went their for MIF08. So I hope it doesnt overlap.

HSC
Haha, I did air cadets for two years ... their camps were certainly an experience ;)

Has anyone received an email yet, with passwords for the distinction course site?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Elisa.the.Sweda said:
Haha, I did air cadets for two years ... their camps were certainly an experience ;)

Has anyone received an email yet, with passwords for the distinction course site?
I haven't received one yet. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what the website is. Is that the website where the application form was initially on?

And yeah, I cannot wait for the package to arrive!!! I am really looking forward to that 3 minutes of joy!!! (after that, no one knows what my mood will become of)

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah its the website where you got the form.

I've been waiting all weekend for monday. It sucks that you can't get mail on a weekend.

wendybird

HSC
anyone have information on the first residential for philosophy?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wendybird said:
anyone have information on the first residential for philosophy?
I don't think there are any confirmed dates for the residential for both courses. However, I do know that there are 3 residentials for philo as opposed to 2 for cosmo (i envy you so much for this) but your residential is relatively shorter than ours (like 2-3 days each) and it will take place about the same time as cosmo.

wendybird

HSC
lyounamu said:
I don't think there are any confirmed dates for the residential for both courses. However, I do know that there are 3 residentials for philo as opposed to 2 for cosmo (i envy you so much for this) but your residential is relatively shorter than ours (like 2-3 days each) and it will take place about the same time as cosmo.
you think they be the same time? I have a feeling not; firstly because as you said, the philosophy residentials are only 2dayers over weekends in the city rather than week long expeditions, but secondly because the philosophy residentials correspond to the modules, (ie. held after 1/2 and 3/4 modules) and will hence run under different schedules.

i hope though, the first residential which is about skills and a crash course in rhetoric; will come before school starts. I have several other things which may coincide..:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)