Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of courses (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of cour

i really have no idea, we just had it in to our deputy principal (but i still haven't) and i think u can still apply even if u dont go to the information day, its just strongly recommended

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Re: Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of cour

They won't dismiss your application automatically if you don't attend the information day, the day is there to help those who are deciding between courses and to give some general information to those considering applying for the course, as well as recognise those who have completed the course over the past year. So no, you would be quite fine in missing that, as long as you have handed in your application for entry into the Distinction Course program by the due date.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

SoulSearcher said:
They won't dismiss your application automatically if you don't attend the information day, the day is there to help those who are deciding between courses and to give some general information to those considering applying for the course, as well as recognise those who have completed the course over the past year. So no, you would be quite fine in missing that, as long as you have handed in your application for entry into the Distinction Course program by the due date.
Thanks.

I think I will give a mail first to see if I could just let them know via that method, if not, well...

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad

what do i do if i don't have a principal OH GOD

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

DekarTyphon said:
what do i do if i don't have a principal OH GOD
then i guess whoever acts as ur principal or whoever has the most power?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I just downloaded the application form and printed out but I don't know what to fill out! There is one about the student profile but I cannot fill that out because I haven't got my HSC mark back!!

Only things that I can really fill out are second and third page of the application form.

In that application form, do I have to include some comments from my principal as well? Or can I include my own comments in the huge box below the subject list?

And do I have to include my report as well?

Ah, so many questions. Please help!

eliseliselise

HSC
huh? are we meant to just photocopy our report or is the school meant to do that? is it even necessary?
how are we meant to find out our assessment marks?? we dont get told them & they're not put on the report card either, we just get our quartile and grade [A/B/C/D etc].. :| how can we have assessment marks anyway? just overall marks or something?? eh??:cold:

& namu it has the address that u have to send the form to at the bottom of one of the pages, underneath the school report and recommendation box. i'm going 2 check with my director of studies as to what goes into that box, & i'll probably end up getting a few comments from teachers that like me or something rather than my principal who probably doesn't know my name. & u dont have to fill out ur HSC marks, BOS will do that for you when they're released i believe :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
huh? are we meant to just photocopy our report or is the school meant to do that? is it even necessary?
how are we meant to find out our assessment marks?? we dont get told them & they're not put on the report card either, we just get our quartile and grade [A/B/C/D etc].. :| how can we have assessment marks anyway? just overall marks or something?? eh??:cold:

& namu it has the address that u have to send the form to at the bottom of one of the pages, underneath the school report and recommendation box. i'm going 2 check with my director of studies as to what goes into that box, & i'll probably end up getting a few comments from teachers that like me or something rather than my principal who probably doesn't know my name. & u dont have to fill out ur HSC marks, BOS will do that for you when they're released i believe :)
Thanks. So do I just fill out the 2nd and third page of that application form?

And for that report, do I have to photocopy my report? I think that seems to be the best way. I will just get my study coordinator to fill some stuff out.

Thanks for the help by the way and please get back to me once you get to find out about other helpful stuff! Thanks!

eliseliselise

HSC
i'm going to copy my own report, fill in all my ranks and yearly/half yearly marks along with everything else except for the assessment marks because i have no idea what they are lol.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A

Does anyone know if the distinction courses will be canceled any time soon???

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC

even though the distinction courses are ending
at my school we get the chance to pursue first-year-university level courses administered by UNCLE
they don't go towards our HSC
but they can be used as university credits
this year courses in chemistry, law, marketing, philosophy, creative writing and biology were offered.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Is there any thing i can do to stop it?
Well, you alone won't be able to "stop" it from happening. But you can certainly help us, the campaigners for the non-abolition of this program.

illiterary

HSC

HowdoijoinhowdoijoinhowdoijoinhowdoijoinHOW DO I JOIN?

PwnerKebab

HSC
Distinction Courses For Next Year

Hi, i was wondering if any of you are planning to do a distinction course next year in cosmology or philosophy and could tell me more about them.

I couldnt find a thread on this site dedicated to distinction courses so i assume this would be the best place to post this.

Thanks.

natangel13

HSC
Re: Distinction Courses For Next Year

Hi, i was wondering if any of you are planning to do a distinction course next year in cosmology or philosophy and could tell me more about them.

I couldnt find a thread on this site dedicated to distinction courses so i assume this would be the best place to post this.

Thanks.
HI, hmm, i check the webs just then the board of studies said that they are still not sure if there is distinction course next year but on the distinction website it said they are post info. later. I was thinking of doing cosmology with friends but still not sure yet. Go to this website if you want more info. (that is if you haven't already!?)
Distinction Course Program - Home
Hope this helps
Cheers
:headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)