do guys really like skinny girls? (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
i read the first 6 pages of the thread and then skimmed the rest and i was just curious what is considered fat and what is considered skinny

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i read the first 6 pages of the thread and then skimmed the rest and i was just curious what is considered fat and what is considered skinny
i think it is a good deal of how people present themselves and what we percieve as fat or skinny. Like the striped shirt is supposed to make people look wider/taller, and thus would effect whether we think they are skinny/fat.

A good way of doing it is that BMI thing... it can actually tell you whether your skinny/fat or healthy.... it also takes out all the brainwashing that tells people anorexic is normal.

HSC
Komaticom said:
Body Mass Index. Compares height to weight. It doesn't really solve the issue of being fat or skinny. Someone who weights however many Newtons may be overweight according to the BMI chart, but someone whose legs are 30cm longer may fall under the healthy region. Someone who is more taller may be labled anorexic.
well... hieght has alot to do with skinny/fat... you get a 190cm person with the same width as someone who is 140cm and the will be a massive difference.

the BMI says im on the skinnier side of healthy - its exactly where i should be in my opinion.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The BMI is a good measure for mesomorphs however it will naturally enough place ectos on the skinny side and endos on the fat side.

Its only real problem is that being a comparison of raw weight it places a fat person (eg 100kg who was say 190cm) alongside a body builder of the same weight and height and you get the same number.

So obviously you need to apply a little common sense.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
loquasagacious said:
The BMI is a good measure for mesomorphs however it will naturally enough place ectos on the skinny side and endos on the fat side.

Its only real problem is that being a comparison of raw weight it places a fat person (eg 100kg who was say 190cm) alongside a body builder of the same weight and height and you get the same number.

yeah thats so true... wow, nice words used there, what are mesomorphs?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
loquasagacious said:

The BMI is a good measure for most people who aren't athletes. Of course an ectomorph will generally be on the underweight side and an endomorph on the overweight/obese side of the scale - why does this make the BMI less accurate?

But as you say, you can't use it for bodybuilders (or most athletes) because their body composition will be very good even if their weight is high.
A more accurate measurement for athletes and even regular people is to work out your body fat percentage.

7.62 BOS

Banned
HSC
I'd prefer it if they carried a bit of weight-something to hold on to and in some instances boobs, but I have no issue with their skinniness.

IcEy

HSC
Your Calculated BMI is: 20.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

Awesome!

Even if the girl is average-curvy, I find that seeing like, a bit of ribs is a real turn on, ie, when they arch and stuff. Not that I have a rib fetish or anything, its just that its good if they're not obscured by rolls of fat.

Curvy girls are cool, but chicks with flat stomachs, or sexy abs ie. gwen stefani. Not full on, rock hard abs, but flat stomach...:-D

HSC
IcEy said:
Your Calculated BMI is: 20.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

Awesome!

Even if the girl is average-curvy, I find that seeing like, a bit of ribs is a real turn on, ie, when they arch and stuff. Not that I have a rib fetish or anything, its just that its good if they're not obscured by rolls of fat.

Curvy girls are cool, but chicks with flat stomachs, or sexy abs ie. gwen stefani. Not full on, rock hard abs, but flat stomach...:-D
i think ribs show even if someone has a bit of wieght on them...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
FoodForThought said:
i think ribs show even if someone has a bit of wieght on them...
yep, as can hips

worrying when you think you're too skinny and wanna cover those with...body

i remember being a little kid (about 12) and someone telling my thye shouldnt be able to see my ribs when i put my arms up....what an idiot, i was lucky i was just too lazy to listen to them

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
skinny chix to average size chix with a bust thats C or bigger

weight really doesnt matter THAT much as muscle is heavier then fat...but may become an issue wen shes like tank and shes like 65kgs+

and there is "too skinny"..like wen u can see ribs VERY visible and u feel nervous for her wen shes out during a windy day...

btw..as i recall i think the proper bmi range was 19-21..but the bad thing bout bmi is that it doesnt take into account that muscle is heavier then fat..but most chix dont have much muscle relatively to guys neway so it would be pretty accurte for girls...but for guys its totally bs..

PrettyVacant

HSC
sophiaaah said:
i'm pretty sure this is how it goes:

• Underweight: <18.5
  • Normal weight: 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight: 25-29.9
  • Obese: 30+
nearly all of the guys that i know tend to prefer skinny girls (with big boobs). it's kind of funny how they prefer that, though. alot of big-breasted women have big boobs because they are big.
im not saying all girls who have big boobs are big or fat, one of my best friends is tiny and is like a 10D.

i like skinny people. although, i have eating disordered habits so i probably shouldn't have much input in this discussion :)
Awesome. I have eating disorderly habits too. :)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
alby said:
my brother's hell skinny, and the only girls i've ever seen him take any interest in (ie. bring home as a gf) are all larger girls

i think most guys prefer a girl with a bit (or a lot) of meat on her, rather than a 2x4....its generally girls (and/or advertisers) that keep the 'skinny's the best' image/theory going

LOL< maybe that's the best the poor kid could do? :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
can i just say that BMI is a load of crap and it doesn't take much all into account...ie. bone structure as someone said before. You can't use the BMI do determine whether ur fit or not. Run up a flight of stairs...if you're puffing after, then you're unfit.

My brother's BMI is in the "obese" section and he isn't anywhere near obese, but his muscle weight is quite large, putting him into the obese category. Hence the BMI is stupid.

This doesn't really have much to do with the topic at hand...but from what I've heard a lot of guys don't actually find skinny girls attractive. Some do, some don't. If some guy dumps me coz I'm not a size 8, then frankly he can go fuck himself.

There's nothing wrong with a girl who's bigger than a size 8. Just as long as she's healthy. From what I've been told, if a girl eats something more than a salad when she's out with a guy, then that's a turn on.

Get a good steak in ya!

HSC
i think, like .. slim can be good, but i don't think there's anything hot about chicks who are like so skinny that their thighs are the same size as their calves, they have no hips/ass/tits at all. they just look like overgrown ten year olds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)