Do most schools have people who leave 40-30 minutes early? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron6693

HSC
BUT WHY?! Why would you screw over a person who has just taken the initiative to excel in terms of academics unlike you who has just been mediocre all of your life?! This is complete BS and I hate what you stand for.
I understand what you're saying here.

Before you read my comment and take it out of context, make sure you read the exception I made in regards to agreeing with that post haha

barbernator

HSC
If we are going to support all these generalisations, why not cull females as well? I mean, they're only going to end up getting pregnant and claiming maternity leave anyway?

Where do you draw the line in this 'cull?'
don't forget to cull Christians, because they wouldn't be able to work overtime on Sunday mornings from 9am

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
BUT WHY?! Why would you screw over a person who has just taken the initiative to excel in terms of academics unlike you who has just been mediocre all of your life?! This is complete BS and I hate what you stand for.
Well whether you think I am right or wrong, there are many employers out there who think along these lines. It is no different to a boss who graduated from UTS saying he will hire only UTS graduates and not UNSW or USYD graduates.

Calli it discrimination if you want although in reality it is extremely common. Marks don't get you a job (they help though), personality and whether you can fit into the existing team or not does.

Aaron6693

HSC
If we are going to support all these generalisations, why not cull females as well? I mean, they're only going to end up getting pregnant and claiming maternity leave anyway?

All people over an optimum age would have to go too obviously. Cant have old people hanging around forgetting things.

deswa1

HSC
I stand by my original comments. When hiring and you have to cull candidates, I would cull at both the top and bottom academically (i.e. those with brilliant WAMs and those with just passing WAMs).
You are a retard.

Just because you aren't at the top either academically or socially -> This is a classic example of Tall Poppy Syndrome.

Luckily you won't ever be in a position to hire people because you don't understand life.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
When hiring and you have to cull candidates, I would cull at both the top and bottom academically (i.e. those with brilliant WAMs and those with just passing WAMs).
How about you, you know, assess each on their merits.

Aaron6693

HSC
Well whether you think I am right or wrong, there are many employers out there who think along these lines. It is no different to a boss who graduated from UTS saying he will hire only UTS graduates and not UNSW or USYD graduates.

Call it discrimination if you want although in reality it is extremely common. Marks don't get you a job (they help though), personality and whether you can fit into the existing team or not does.
That is incredibly accurate. Whether its fair or not is debatable, but thats besides the point.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
don't forget to cull Christians, because they wouldn't be able to work overtime on Sunday mornings from 9am
You can't legally discriminate against anyone. However, of course people discriminate, they just don't openly say it (as then the company could be sued). In saying that though, I personally wouldn't discriminate against people for being Christian.

barbernator

HSC
You can't legally discriminate against anyone. However, of course people discriminate, they just don't openly say it (as then the company could be sued). In saying that though, I personally wouldn't discriminate against people for being Christian.
Is it called discrimination if we discriminate against fuckwits? or is that just called common sense?

Last edited:

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC

Calli it discrimination if you want although in reality it is extremely common. Marks don't get you a job (they help though), personality and whether you can fit into the existing team or not does.
You are wrong. Arrantly wrong.

But why the frick are you suggesting that working hard to get good marks is mutually exclusive with having a great personality and the ability to assimilate into a team setting?! Are you deranged?! Did someone reject you for being too stupid or something because honestly I would just like to punch you in the face right now.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

It would depend on the role as to what the unofficial (as legally they cannot be official) cull points would be.

Aaron6693

HSC
Is it called discrimination if we discriminate against fuckwits? or is that just called common sense?
If you look at it seriously, yes it would be discrimination 0.o
People could go all "unfair dismissal" if they've already been hired for that position.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
If you look at it seriously, yes it would be discrimination 0.o
People could go all "unfair dismissal" if they've already been hired for that position.
Mate, you do realise that you have lost all credibility with people on this site? We no longer care what you think. I apologise for being so mean, but seriously?!

Aaron6693

HSC
Mate, you do realise that you have lost all credibility with people on this site? We no longer care what you think. I apologise for being so mean, but seriously?!
I'm deeply hurt and saddened.

And I dont actually get what that comment has to do with that post I made...o.0

Aaron6693

HSC
Oh and btw, I'm sure you didnt really care in the first place. Its a website, people typically dont give a shit to begin with.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Oh and btw, I'm sure you didnt really care in the first place. Its a website, people typically dont give a shit to begin with.
The only reason we are having this argument is because I do care. I do care that people are making unfounded and wholly ignorant judgements about people who work hard to get where they're at.

Aaron6693

HSC
The only reason we are having this argument is because I do care. I do care that people are making unfounded and wholly ignorant judgements about people who work hard to get where they're at.
I wasnt the one making them. For what must be the hundredth time, I've said there ARE cases on both sides. I've based opinions on what I've seen, and the same for you. And I've said myself, like I just said before, that such things dont reflect the entire population and there are those who arent like that.
How is that unfounded and ignorant...?
If anything, that makes you the ignorant one...

sophieeaton

HSC
N/A
There are so many generalisations....

Going out instead of studying doesn't automatically mean you have good social skills.
Playing sport doesn't automatically mean you have good social skills.
Being bright doesn't automatically translate to great marks and vice versa.
Bad marks don't automatically mean you're more sociable/not bright.
And so on....

The only thing that is certain is the bell curve....people who are extremely naturally bright and so most likely excel whilst also having innate charisma and the capacity for good social skills etc are relatively rare. Those people are the ones who generally get first pick for jobs.

Therefore the majority (but obviously not all) people who get 95+ because they're bright are going to lack social skills others have. That's the only conclusion we can really make.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's been a while since I did my HSC, but I remember a few people left my HSC biology exam like as soon as you could leave, and I'm pretty sure there were like <5 people left at the end of general Maths. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)