• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (4 Viewers)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

why would so many people believe in god or religion if it didnt exist?
A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "87% of scientists say that humans and other living things have evolved over time and that evolution is the result of natural processes such as natural selection. Just 32% of the public accepts this as true."

mirakon

nigga
HSC

i was thinking more along the lines of being a pokemon trainer rather than a pokemon.

HSC
Uni Grad

i was thinking more along the lines of being a pokemon trainer rather than a pokemon.
id be fine with either but i spose trainer would be more fun maybe perhaps

would suck to be a super rare one cos you'd have no fwens

A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "87% of scientists say that humans and other living things have evolved over time and that evolution is the result of natural processes such as natural selection. Just 32% of the public accepts this as true."
ugh, for fuck sake lol

EDIT: Oh you changed it but my remark still stands

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

51% of the US public believe evolution is a lie. 43% believe "God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so."
evolution is a lie.

what layman's evolution? yeah we all magically consciously grow longer necks to eat leaves.

how would a snake know to grow legs?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

we aren't from monkeys

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

it would be cool if they could make a separate place somewhere and make pokemon real, would be way better than earth.
I have a really awesome interpretation of the anime on my laptop somewhere. I'll try and find it for you tonight.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

i mean ffs according to science to closest relative of a dolphin is a cow.

cmon.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

dolphins and cows look completely different

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

Ah yeh, I remember that lol.
this one is better. and might actually be happening right now.

January 22, 2027: Dr. Hagiru Sato and his team of scientists from Japan, America, Canada, and Britain begin work on a matter-energy transference machine.

February 11th, 2033: First machine is tested successfully after over a hundred failed tests. Controversy over the destructive nature of the technology ignites.

July 18th, 2033: A catastrophic incident with an energy-matter machine destroys the cit of Hiroshima, in devastation not seen since the atomic bombs were dropped nearly 90 years prior. Japanese government officials move to ban work on the technology, though Western powers urge them to allow it, despite the mishap.

April 22, 2035: First sighting of infected individuals. Most are animals, some humans are also shown to be susceptible to infection. Most seen around the ruins of Hiroshima, which had not been rebuilt.

May 13, 2035: Northern Japan is split off from it's Southern half, as a nation-wide quarantine is enacted. Anarchy soon spreads through the infected regions. 15% of humans exposed to the disease are immune, no side effect. 84.9% are affected fatally by the disease, which causes cancerous-growths. .1% of those exposed are shown to successfully mutate. The "Virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutation in infected individuals. All large animal life above ground is soon infected.

January 1, 2040: 98% of all animals in Japan are wiped out, ecosystems ruled entirely by infected individuals.

May 8th, 2048: Japanese Defense Force engages infected individuals to preserve quarantine. Co-ordinated attacks by infected humans and animals are seen. High levels of intelligence confirmed.

May 10th: They fail, and the nation of Japan ceases to exist.

October 13: The United States Carrier George W. Bush is attacked and sunk by an unknown force. Later revealed to be a co-ordinated assault by the infected. Use of Atomic weapons to destroy all life on Japan considered, but denied.

February 12, 2052: Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have began adopting the infected into their religions. Part of this religion is a total-weapons ban, and the banning of violence against infected individuals. This is surprisingly effective at ceasing conflict with infected individuals.

April 2, 2055: Infected seen to have spread to North America. Military preparedness results in a far more contained infection. Hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, and Mexico die.

March 11, 2061: The United States Army begins experimenting with the combat prowess of infected animals, who are shown to have a friendly connection to humans who treat them well, much like dogs. Initial tests exceed expectations. Later that same year, China, Russia, Vietnam, and N. Korea react by signing the Kommu Pact, ensuring protection against the now utterly overpowered west.

July 2, 2063: The Kommu alliance declares war on the United States. Infected used to great effect.

November 9, 2066: War end. Communist states dissolved, China and Russia (and all of Asia) are now under the jurisdiction of the NATO.

December 25th, 2072: The regions, now divided, that were once Japan begin to open up to the outside world. Mostly through scientific trade off.

February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help the understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced Energy-Matter transference, is responsible for the deaths of dozens before escaping.

May 22, 2081: Ash Ketchum turns 10 years old.

Bread_2_Toast

HSC

We live in a world of unimaginable surprises—from the fusion energy that lights the sun to the genetic and evolutionary consequences of this lights dancing for eons upon the Earth—and yet Paradise conforms to our most superficial concerns with all the fidelity of a Caribbean cruise. This is wondrously strange. If one didn’t know better, one would think that man, in his fear of losing all that he loves, had created heaven, along with its gatekeeper God, in his own image.
I agree with this 100%

EDIT
sauce http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/an_atheist_manifesto/

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Some people think God is an outsized, light-skinned male with a long white beard, sitting on a throne somewhere up there in the sky, busily tallying the fall of every sparrow. Others—for example Baruch Spinoza and Albert Einstein—considered God to be essentially the sum total of the physical laws which describe the universe. I do not know of any compelling evidence for anthropomorphic patriarchs controlling human destiny from some hidden celestial vantage point, but it would be madness to deny the existence of physical laws. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity.

Bread_2_Toast

HSC

Some people think God is an outsized, light-skinned male with a long white beard, sitting on a throne somewhere up there in the sky, busily tallying the fall of every sparrow. Others—for example Baruch Spinoza and Albert Einstein—considered God to be essentially the sum total of the physical laws which describe the universe. I do not know of any compelling evidence for anthropomorphic patriarchs controlling human destiny from some hidden celestial vantage point, but it would be madness to deny the existence of physical laws. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity.
i lol'd
it doesn't make much sense to pray to God but people do it anyway
wouldn't he already know what one would ask/ pray for?

Existential

HSC
N/A

Answer "Who made God?" without saying something like 'He was always here'. You use God to explain our origins, but if you can't explain God's origins you are contradicting yourself.

lebo_cunt

Banned
HSC

im a proud muslim so i believe in the teachings of allah and his prophet muhammad PBUH

allahu akbar la ilaha illallah muhammad rasul allah

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

im a proud muslim so i believe in the teachings of allah and his prophet muhammad PBUH

allahu akbar la ilaha illallah muhammad rasul allah
هناك على الارجح لا إله حتى يوقفوا القلق والتمتع حياتك

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)