Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You don't have to be overly religious to believe in a higher power. Believing in god, to me, is akin to believing in the tooth fairy or a guardian angel. I do believe in a supernatural power. Give me one good reason not to. In times of stress and hardship I can talk to myself in my head and get hope. The supernatural element makes me feel less insane.
so talking to voices

makes you *less* insane

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
What's the point in believing in a God?
There really isn't any now, religion started off due to peoples fear of the unknown and is just a primitive attempt to explain the universe. Since then it's pretty much just been repetitive brainwashing generation after generation.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
You don't have to be overly religious to believe in a higher power. Believing in god, to me, is akin to believing in the tooth fairy or a guardian angel. I do believe in a supernatural power. Give me one good reason not to. In times of stress and hardship I can talk to myself in my head and get hope. The supernatural element makes me feel less insane.
Give you one good reason?

There's no evidence and talking to yourself makes you look insane.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
guys there's no harm in shitting in my own mouth okay it makes me look less insane

Garygaz

HSC
humans are just a virus like anything else that exists. you look at bacteria on a petri dish and you see a growing organism expanding outwards. its single purpose is to keep on expanding, infecting more life forms and perpetuating its existence.

if you were to look at a city from a completely neutral point of view you would see a massive, stinking steel infection on the land ever expanding and emitting pollution. humans are just like any other life form anywhere, we are hard wired to make babies and perpetuate our species.

all of our social activities and interactions are just a way of probing us towards this predetermined goal. we need to interact and procreate to survive, i mean the worst punishment in jail is solitary confinement, you go insane because you can't interact with anyone.

congratulations to us, we became more advanced than the rest of the species on this planet and as a side-effect we began to question our own existence and as a result conjured up stories and myths to sedate our fear.

jason2kool

HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

the quran is much more believable than the bible... it has a single author from a single time, and us Muslims believe that every single word is the perfect unalterable word of God. It's completely consistent.

Your religion is a joke, you have 40 books that contradict each other everywhere and you don't even believe 90% of it, how can you do that?
dude stfu spastic.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I'm not big on religion and don't sway either way, although it is pretty amazing to think just how incredible the human body is etc.

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
^ yeahhhh heaps increds. juz wondering do you believe in God?

ooft just realised theres so many non religious peeps/atheists on this forum

Annihilist

HSC
Bible is fiction. It is moronic to suggest that:

a) The Bible is not fiction, over any other literary work.
b) The Bible is the word of God and should be followed to the letter.

The Bible is a work of fiction which depicts God. It is no more factually accurate than any Harry Potter or Neil Gaiman novel. I don't understand how you can hold up the Bible and say "This is the Word of God, this is true, this is Gospel", and then hold up Harry Potter and say "No, this is just fiction, it's not real". What makes one true and the other not? The only thing that suggests that is The Bible itself. The Bible says the Bible is true. That does not make it a credible source for information.

Given that God is a fictional character in a fictional book, why believe in him? He's not real. And he cannot be real.

Lentern

HSC
So how was Qanda tonight? I bet those two had a really constructive dialogue. I missed it because of, stuff.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
it had everything you could ask for. george pell managed to sympathise with the nazis, patronise the jews, and call gays a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)