Votes: 62 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • No, but I'll get one in Year 12

Votes: 19 14.0%

• Total voters

shayla

HSC
I have a Maths tutor and a Modern History/English online tutor, who comes out to help me when i need it.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
For myself I honestly don't see the point of getting a tutor (not in a coaching college anyway), provided that my teachers can actually teach...because basically I would be learning the same thing I learnt in school again. Which is a waste of time - I could have spent it revising what is currently relevant. But my mum is going to enforce tutoring on me...so *shrug*.

Finx

HSC
These are pretty interesting results. I'm suprised to see very little of the third option, as it'd probably be a logical thing to do.

I'm still wondering whether I should get one. Something tells me that it will most likely be worth the money.

bored of sc

HSC
I need a tutor for english and chemistry. They are the hardest subjects.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
I need a tutor for english and chemistry. They are the hardest subjects.
I think your English has been quite above the bar from what I observe.

bored of sc

HSC
omniscience said:
I think your English has been quite above the bar from what I observe.
No. Not really. I'm getting an english listening task back tomorrow which I estimate I got 7/15 in. So there goes my average.

artist91

HSC
Their tutors do all of their assignments for them because they pay them ridiculous amounts of money to. So unfair. I resent the whole system; you have teachers for a reason.:hammer:

Last edited:

omniscience

HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
No. Not really. I'm getting an english listening task back tomorrow which I estimate I got 7/15 in. So there goes my average.
English predominantly deals with the aesthetics involved in the language and the silky road awaits for those who take in the language slowly and enjoy it. Good luck.

bored of sc

HSC
omniscience said:
English predominantly deals with the aesthetics involved in the language and the silky road awaits for those who take in the language slowly and enjoy it. Good luck.
Wow. Good luck to you too.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
artist91 said:
Everyone at my school who has a tutor are the rich dropkicks who are lazy and don't give a shit. Their tutors do all of their assignments for them because they pay them ridiculous amounts of money to. So unfair. I resent the whole system; you have teachers for a reason.:hammer:
Flawed comment based on just personal perspective.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
artist91 said:
Everyone at my school who has a tutor are the rich dropkicks who are lazy and don't give a shit. Their tutors do all of their assignments for them because they pay them ridiculous amounts of money to. So unfair. I resent the whole system; you have teachers for a reason.:hammer:
If that's the view you hold, everything related to the academic system would be unfair wouldn't it be?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
just for maths but its my sisters friend who is doing their masters in Mathematics this year and is doing it for free

Last edited:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I've had a maths tutor since Year 9 and it has really increased my maths marks over the years, I doubt I would be doing anything above General Maths if I hadnt had tutoring.
This year my tutor helps me with maths and chem, it is really helpful and I can work at my own pace.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I'd be dead in maths if I didn't have a tutor for it. As for English, I'd sail by pretty good with or without one. But I really need one for Physics!

boosa

HSC
I never passed a maths exam until i got tutoring in year 10 and now I still have the same teacher helping me and I can get good marks! shes fantasic

5233andy

HSC
I have one for Chemistry and Maths - why? Well... my Chemistry is somewhat appalling, and also because the teacher is not well adapted to teaching. Don't get me wrong, he's a good bloke and will help you if it is required, but... he's one of 'them'. With Maths, well... problems with Maths homework frequently arise and often, the teacher at school is too busy with keeping to the syllabus, time wise.

jaychouf4n

HSC
For English and maths.

for english, the tutor is very good because she was clear to me about what I had to do regarding techniques and context, and how i should do an essay. The essay I showed you is what I got after only 3 lessons with her. I used to get standard 12s/13s out of 20, but i think that essay is ~16, i mean i can feel that its alot stronger.

For maths, I have a group tutoring & a single tutor for an hour so i can get thru the 3u and 4u maths of y12 quickly. It's very useful b/c at school i find the teacher reinforces the formulas and i understand alot easier.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
in me old skool (homebush boys) i say like 70% of the guys had tutors the 25% were like hopless guys who didnt give a fck and the 5% were the ELITE!!!
in tafe like its 95% no tutors required and 5% do have em
all calculations were done in my smexii head so can be inaccurated lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)