Do you like english (1 Viewer)

DO YOU LIKE ENGLISH (THE SUBJECT)

• Total voters

cam.t

HSC
Sorry, this is really out of the blue.
I was wondering, is anyone english teacher real good?

5233andy

HSC
^^ Yes! BOth my year 10 and 11 teachers are awesome. Kudos to them for being such great teachers and people, in general.

bawd

HSC
My year 10 teacher made English really awesome and fun. I actually looked forward to English classes. My current teacher is also good.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
cam.t said:
Sorry, this is really out of the blue.
I was wondering, is anyone english teacher real good?
Yeah to be honest, my Year 10 and Year 11 English teachers have been really good, they let us debate in class and have discussions - just you can't change me... I'll always like maths over english.

5233andy said:
^^ Yes! BOth my year 10 and 11 teachers are awesome. Kudos to them for being such great teachers and people, in general.
QFT. This guy sits next to me in English :p

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah to be honest, my Year 10 and Year 11 English teachers have been really good, they let us debate in class and have discussions - just you can't change me... I'll always like maths over english.

QFT. This guy sits next to me in English :p

lol well if I know what or who you're on about, our current teacher is a hell of a lot better than our year eight one - shock horror from the first day of year eight English. The thing about our current teacher is that she knows what she's on about and I really enjoy the class discussions, even though I'm stagnant in all class discussions.

[What's QFT??]

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
lol well if I know what or who you're on about, our current teacher is a hell of a lot better than our year eight one - shock horror from the first day of year eight English. The thing about our current teacher is that she knows what she's on about and I really enjoy the class discussions, even though I'm stagnant in all class discussions.

[What's QFT??]
QFT = Quoted for Truth

LOL our Year 8 teacher wasn't too bad - under her guidance, I actually got my first 90 in English :p

Dragna

HSC
I hate english... essay this essay that... and why need to learn english anyways? Me english speek perfact.

SiN3m

HSC
i hate the essays and most of the texts BUT i still enjoy the class... extension english was better for me coz i loved the texts and we got to do more creative than analytical

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
SiN3m said:
i hate the essays and most of the texts BUT i still enjoy the class... extension english was better for me coz i loved the texts and we got to do more creative than analytical
I've heard from a lot of people that Extension English is more interesting than advanced... wasn't the case for me. Probably because of a poor module choice by my school.

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
I've heard from a lot of people that Extension English is more interesting than advanced... wasn't the case for me. Probably because of a poor module choice by my school.
Hey! THe 'nature of evil' was not a poor choice! I actually enjoyed this topic - more than I can imagine with Science Fiction - not looking forward to HSC EE1 now... :(

I'm sure that you would've enjoyed it too had you not left so early in the course.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
Hey! THe 'nature of evil' was not a poor choice! I actually enjoyed this topic - more than I can imagine with Science Fiction - not looking forward to HSC EE1 now... :(

I'm sure that you would've enjoyed it too had you not left so early in the course.
LOL - talking to all the extension guys, they didn't enjoy the nature of evil either - looks like you're on your own Andy :p

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL - talking to all the extension guys, they didn't enjoy the nature of evil either - looks like you're on your own Andy :p
:D EE2 = continuation of the nature of evil

If only the Nature of Evil carried onto the HSC EE1 course... the introductions for all of my EE1 assessments have been the same (the teacher seems to be fine with it all) - don't think that I can do with same with Science Fiction :jaw:

With Advanced English, lol... not looking forward to another term of Shakespeare, esp. if the assessment associated with that is a speaking one :(

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
:D EE2 = continuation of the nature of evil

If only the Nature of Evil carried onto the HSC EE1 course... the introductions for all of my EE1 assessments have been the same (the teacher seems to be fine with it all) - don't think that I can do with same with Science Fiction :jaw:

With Advanced English, lol... not looking forward to another term of Shakespeare, esp. if the assessment associated with that is a speaking one :(
Arrghh... Shakespeare is the worst for English - I hate shakespeare. Especially Othello... grown man crying over a hankerchief... prff I mean come on.

And with the introductions - wouldn't they be repetitive, I mean personally I'd mark you down for that :p

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Arrghh... Shakespeare is the worst for English - I hate shakespeare. Especially Othello... grown man crying over a hankerchief... prff I mean come on.

And with the introductions - wouldn't they be repetitive, I mean personally I'd mark you down for that :p
LOL I don't think that my teacher realises... then again, there was an in-class task where we had to write an introduction for the nature of evil and whatnot on overhead. She read mine out and said that it's quite good - something that no body else got! + the introduction was the same as all the other ones.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
LOL I don't think that my teacher realises... then again, there was an in-class task where we had to write an introduction for the nature of evil and whatnot on overhead. She read mine out and said that it's quite good - something that no body else got! + the introduction was the same as all the other ones.
LOL, well she's bound to realise sometime...
Especially next year - because our extension class is going to be really small (because so many people are dropping - under my lead :p) and she'll be able to focus more on your work.

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL, well she's bound to realise sometime...
Especially next year - because our extension class is going to be really small (because so many people are dropping - under my lead :p) and she'll be able to focus more on your work.
One real problem with my essays is that they lack evidence and techniques :pain:

For my second EE1 assessment, I achieved a mere 11/15 - she said that it 'did the job' but I was lacking evidence! well.. that is true... lol I only had one or two quotes per paragraph - each paragraph was more than a page long... :l

In the EE1 exam, I fed so many examples in such that I had very little time to deliberate on the effects . + I forogt to include a title for my story! :(

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
One real problem with my essays is that they lack evidence and techniques :pain:

For my second EE1 assessment, I achieved a mere 11/15 - she said that it 'did the job' but I was lacking evidence! well.. that is true... lol I only had one or two quotes per paragraph - each paragraph was more than a page long... :l

In the EE1 exam, I fed so many examples in such that I had very little time to deliberate on the effects . + I forogt to include a title for my story! :(
We've all got that problem for english to some extent - the most difficult part of English is finding quotes and integrating them into your discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)