Do you like english (1 Viewer)

DO YOU LIKE ENGLISH (THE SUBJECT)

• Total voters

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
No I don't like English at all. It's a very very boring subject.

the-derivative said:
We've all got that problem for english to some extent - the most difficult part of English is finding quotes and integrating them into your discussion.
One way to solve that would be to take notes in class and as you're reading the text, take note of any good quotes that relate to the big idea that you're studying. Like, if you were doing, say King Lear and one of the main issues was Blindless, then when you read something that has anything to do with blindess mark it down, for example, 'See better, Lear' Gloucester. Oh god, i can't believe i still remember that.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
No I don't like English at all. It's a very very boring subject.

One way to solve that would be to take notes in class and as you're reading the text, take note of any good quotes that relate to the big idea that you're studying. Like, if you were doing, say King Lear and one of the main issues was Blindless, then when you read something that has anything to do with blindess mark it down, for example, 'See better, Lear' Gloucester. Oh god, i can't believe i still remember that.
Yeah - I've started to do that. I underline quotes and lines when I read a novel - the school says we're not allowed to write in the book and we might incurr some fines - but stuff them... I'm going to underline :p

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
N.O

even though i came 1st in my class in year 9 & 10.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah - I've started to do that. I underline quotes and lines when I read a novel - the school says we're not allowed to write in the book and we might incurr some fines - but stuff them... I'm going to underline :p
LOL! My school lets us write all over it - we do afterall, have heaps of funding to get new books. But I tend to just cut out thin strips of post-it notes and stick it all over the book where important quotes are.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
LOL a lot of people who are good at english hate it.

Unlike other subject - I don't dislike it because it's difficult - I just don't like the nature of it.
I don't get what you mean there.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
I don't get what you mean there.
A lot of people dislike a subject because they find it hard to grasp or they perform poorly in it. I do pretty well in English - however I dislike the subject because I don't like the nature of the subject - analysing, predicting what the composer is on about - just not my cup of tea.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
d3vilz said:
N.O

even though i came 1st in my class in year 9 & 10.
reasons why i don't like English:
- don't like the HSC English course/content,etc. in general.
- wtf is the Area of Study ie. Changes/Belonging/Journeys going to help me in life?????????
- i find most English teachers (at my school) are incompetent, though some of them are nice people that i get along with.

Forbidden
's quote:
"fuck english.
it ruined the beauty of texts with in-depth analysis of techniques and so on."

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
d3vilz said:
reasons why i don't like English:
- don't like the HSC English course/content,etc. in general.
- wtf is the Area of Study ie. Changes/Belonging/Journeys going to help me in life?????????

Forbidden
's quote:
"fuck english.
it ruined the beauty of texts with in-depth analysis of techniques and so on."
True that.

studynz2008

HSC
I must say - I have no choice
I get sleepy during my English Class.

lolokay

HSC
shaon0 said:
What about maths?
as a school subject I didn't like it at all since it was verrry boring (except in 1st term. most of my subjects were somewhat enjoyable then). I mostly just sat there doing basically nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)