Do you regret any subjects that you did? (1 Viewer)

BigNateOner

HSC
fuck yes i have major regrets! i shouldn't have dropped 3u english cause i was doing alright but i lost interest at the end of prelim, and textual dynamics was never going to revive it... but still, i should've kept it.
also i should've never chosen economics it's just too content heavy with my HSIE combo of modern, legal and SOR -.-

HSC
Uni Grad
Regret on keeping on art and drama because of how shitty my art teacher for practical and certain people in drama are behaving, especially now.
Wished I could stick to my guns and picked Chinese Beginners. I wish I did Business Studies or Economics.
But English Standard, Japanese Continuers (to some degree) and SORII are good and happy to stick with.

Simorgh

HSC
Instead of doing two sciences (phys and chem) should have done just did one and chose legal studies as my other subject which I was really keen on picking but ended up not.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Instead of doing two sciences (phys and chem) should have done just did one and chose legal studies as my other subject which I was really keen on picking but ended up not.
Nahh legal is boring af. I think you should be glad that you're doing the big 2 sciences

For me, I regret picking economics and legal and will be stuck for the next 2 and a half terms

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Nahh legal is boring af. I think you should be glad that you're doing the big 2 sciences

For me, I regret picking economics and legal and will be stuck for the next 2 and a half terms
What do you not like about Economics? I hear Legal is a bit dry in terms of content, possibly worst than Business.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What do you not like about Economics? I hear Legal is a bit dry in terms of content, possibly worst than Business.
Economics is boring and I can't see any conceptual understanding in it at all. I chose it last year coz I thought it was interesting but it ended up being boring. Just doesn't spark my interest

Simorgh

HSC

I am alright at the sciences but I just lack any personal interest in them and don't find it that engaging. Only chose Phys and Chem becoz my teacher suggested me to do them and my mum really pressured me.

I would have seriously went like this if it was all my own choice: so Modern, Eco, 3 Unit Math, Adv English, Legal and Ancient... No science lol! Well Maths is kind of like a must if you want to go into any top shit career as well that its a life skill and good for scaling. Every other subject I have listed about fits me right!

I am loving Economics and Modern History at the moment, so will probs drop one of the sciences which I find the least interesting and that I am bad at to go to 11 Units. :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Economics is boring and I can't see any conceptual understanding in it at all. I chose it last year coz I thought it was interesting but it ended up being boring. Just doesn't spark my interest
Thats unfortunate, on the opposite spectrum, its such an interesting subject for me XD

Simorgh

HSC
Plus how is legal boring? Doesn't it involve a bit of analysis and critical thinking?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Plus how is legal boring? Doesn't it involve a bit of analysis and critical thinking?
its pree interesting..my teacher is fkin awesom.
but im not that humanities/commerce kid so ill probs drop it

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
IMO it's boring. My teacher makes it a bit interesting (because he relates it to the real world and since he's a HSC marker, he knows it better than anyone else) but I still find it boring. It's just so content heavy and so much memorisation

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
its pree interesting..my teacher is fkin awesom.
but im not that humanities/commerce kid so ill probs drop it
Same here but I wanna drop both eco and legal (so then I can do 4U hopefully)

Simorgh

HSC
Same here but I wanna drop both eco and legal (so then I can do 4U hopefully)
I was thinking of doing 4 Unit later on, but its too competitive to get into at my school and we only have one class. Its better if they had 2 classes becoz there are lot of people in my grade who are pretty good at Maths.

Last edited:

Simorgh

HSC
Btw I keep changing my mind, some days I love the Sciences and some days I hate them. I just don't know why.

A few weeks I was really keen of becoming a Science or Math teacher. I keep changing my mind every time ! You can see how confusing I am..

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I mean, its all relative to everyone, some people find x boring and y interesting.

Having a taste of HR in Business (which is very heavy on legal actions and human rights), it was a little dry. But then again, I hear Legal cover a lot of fields instead of just ethical business activities, durh, so I wish I knew what it was like - would definitely help me determine if I wanted to do Law/Comm instead of Comm tbh.

Simorgh

HSC
I mean, its all relative to everyone, some people find x boring and y interesting.

Having a taste of HR in Business (which is very heavy on legal actions and human rights), it was a little dry. But then again, I hear Legal cover a lot of fields instead of just ethical business activities, durh, so I wish I knew what it was like - would definitely help me determine if I wanted to do Law/Comm instead of Comm tbh.
What ATAR are you expecting? Tbh I am considering Commerce/Law as one of my options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)