Do you regret any subjects that you did? (1 Viewer)

nightweaver066

HSC
Should have picked two from economics/biology/modern history for year 11.

Most definitely would have carried one over to year 12 for 12 units.

Sindivyn

HSC
Wish I was doing english advanced instead of standard. And not doing SOR 1.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Legal. It's fun, but there's so much fucking content. Also should've repeated chemistry.

Dash8

HSC
Really like 2U maths, physics and business studies....so glad I chose them :) however, English is just hideous but I guess we have no choice and geography is kinda crap mainly cause the teacher is border line retarded and I end up going on Facebook all lesson....not sure what I would have chosen instead of geography :/

HSC
Doing Food Tech might or might not be a mistake.. Im receiving good marks but the scaling is so crap if you don't go well :\ .

DeeDazza

HSC
I should not have picked Modern History - my teacher is terrible!
If Society & Culture ran for my year, I would have done that (even though I would've had 3 major works).
I should have picked French Beginners.
I should have done General Maths from the beginning of year 11 instead of dropping to general at the beginning of Year 12.

Last edited:

So-joo

HSC
I never should have listened to my teacher and kept English Advanced... My marks are like a rollercoaster in that subject and it takes twice as much effort to study for English than with other subjects

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I never should have listened to my teacher and kept English Advanced... My marks are like a rollercoaster in that subject and it takes twice as much effort to study for English than with other subjects
English Standard is similar in respect of the requirements expected of the student.

Sindivyn

HSC
English Standard is similar in respect of the requirements expected of the student.
Does that mean for a band 6, we will need to meet both standard and advanced outcomes? Or are they overlapped?

unLimitieDx

HSC
Regret keeping business studies :( and i find it pointless to drop now as there is only 2 months till hsc

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
None that i chose, i dropped the bad ones. Though English is killing me. Embarrassingly its standard English and i'm struggling hard. Yet i'm doing rather well in hard subjects like Chemistry and Extension 2 maths. Nothing i can do about English except study really hard for it. :/

Atar Hater

hardout gangsta
HSC
To all the prelimers: It IS possible to change subjects (ie pickup) in year 12. You just have to be pro-active (ask the head of that department NOW) and otivated enough. That being said it may be quite hard starting from the hsc course.

planino

HSC
Visual Design argh, I hate it atm, I should have chosen SLR or SOR 1U as a filler for Y11 instead :(

Aside from that, I love all of my subjects :) Although english could be better and economics does take me for a ride

iamorbid

HSC
I regret nothing as these subjects I have chosen are what I enjoy, even though harder to get a perfect ATAR with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)