Do you think you are prepared? (1 Viewer)

LonelyWolf

HSC
Would it be better to do a single planned response for english or 2 or 3?

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm English Advanced I'm very happy with my prep.

Ancient has been making good progress. I think by the 27th I'll be 100% ready :)

Math 2u I'm aiming for at least 105/120 raw and I'm prepared for that :p

Legal I need to do some work, but it's my last exam so my prep *should* be fine, as long as I don't give up before the 3rd lol

English Extension I...hmm, I did pretty good in the trials, I'll probably just go over it after ancient, but I'm happy with my essays and creatives :p

Extension Maths, I've been getting in the mid 60s/84 in the past few hsc and trials I've been doing, so hopefully that equates to an E4

I think I should be good for the HSC xD

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Hmm English Advanced I'm very happy with my prep.

Ancient has been making good progress. I think by the 27th I'll be 100% ready :)

Math 2u I'm aiming for at least 105/120 raw and I'm prepared for that :p

Legal I need to do some work, but it's my last exam so my prep *should* be fine, as long as I don't give up before the 3rd lol

English Extension I...hmm, I did pretty good in the trials, I'll probably just go over it after ancient, but I'm happy with my essays and creatives :p

Extension Maths, I've been getting in the mid 60s/84 in the past few hsc and trials I've been doing, so hopefully that equates to an E4

I think I should be good for the HSC xD
mid 60s in 3u will get you 93-94 scaled mark.

HSC
semi prepared and i have all my exams (except for one) next week... fml

Last edited:

Glorious

HSC
how many words should the creative piece be?
I reckon however many words you are capable of writing in 40 minutes. Some people might think 800 is a good word count, whereas others might be comfortable with 1200. Depends on how you build your story, really.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I reckon however many words you are capable of writing in 40 minutes. Some people might think 800 is a good word count, whereas others might be comfortable with 1200. Depends on how you build your story, really.
they say you shuld get creative done in 25-32 minutes. so you have more time on belonging essay which is arguably the hardest thing in hsc english.

Glorious

HSC
they say you shuld get creative done in 25-32 minutes. so you have more time on belonging essay which is arguably the hardest thing in hsc english.
LOL. I find that the easiest. Full 40 mins should be spent on each section. They're all out of 15. Each section is a third of your mark, so I dont see why we should sacrifice the timing of one section for the other. Yet again, depends on the person. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. I find that the easiest. Full 40 mins should be spent on each section. They're all out of 15. Each section is a third of your mark, so I dont see why we should sacrifice the timing of one section for the other. Yet again, depends on the person. :)
If you can't do section 1 in <30 minutes then you are a failure compared to even standard students.

Glorious

HSC
If you can't do section 1 in <30 minutes then you are a failure compared to even standard students.
That's not called failure. Actually, it takes me a full 40 mins to complete that section. The last question takes up most of your time because its practically a mini essay that has to be around 3 pages. So, I'm sorry to break it to you, but I do spend 40 mins on that section because I have nothing to lose.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
That's not called failure. Actually, it takes me a full 40 mins to complete that section. The last question takes up most of your time because its practically a mini essay that has to be around 3 pages. So, I'm sorry to break it to you, but I do spend 40 mins on that section because I have nothing to lose.
Agreed the last question is like a mini-essay.

I spend atleast 15-20mins on that one :(.... I chose the wrong text which made my life 100x difficult...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I spent ~28 minutes on this section in trials and lost a mark for not having a quote and one for not analysing that mushroomer poem well enough.
Got 5/5 for e) and I wrote 2.5 pages in like 12 minutes.

jamesfirst

HSC
omg I just failed phy, chem and 2 unit past papers (not fail but like 70%)

FUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)