does anyone find yr 11 too hard? (1 Viewer)

chantellejohn

crazy!!
HSC
hey all,
im having alot of trouble settling into preliminary and finding the work load harder then i expected. i was wondering is anyone else having the same problems and what are the problems you are experienceing?
cheers
chantelle
ad. english, mathematics, early childohood, biology, legal studies and business studies
:wave:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
No. It's fine for me. Apparently I hear Year 12 is easier in comparison.

over9k

HSC
not hard but i hate it how they just drop a shitload of assignments on u

cs01001

HSC
Not exactly that hard, but more workload and reponsibilities. I find it hard to adjust to all that competition eg "0mg, you fucking suck cause aren't ranked #1"

/exaggeration

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
cs01001 said:
Not exactly that hard, but more workload and reponsibilities. I find it hard to adjust to all that competition eg "0mg, you fucking suck cause aren't ranked #1"

/exaggeration
still thats kinda rough tough competition ... everyone for themselves ?

jirwin

HSC
in my opinion, year twelve doesnt get easier - it is harder

dont expect the pile of assignments to get lower. assignments will be given and due at the same time in the hsc and this is made even worse if u have majors.

just hang in there, im sure if u are organised, committed and dedicated u will pull through

over9k

HSC
jirwin said:
in my opinion, year twelve doesnt get easier - it is harder

dont expect the pile of assignments to get lower. assignments will be given and due at the same time in the hsc and this is made even worse if u have majors.

just hang in there, im sure if u are organised, committed and dedicated u will pull through
i'm just doing all that i need to do.
studying for tests, doing my hw..
nothing more, nothing less.

my notes are really un-organised o_0
but i don't care about that since we're not getting tested on yr11 things IN yr12 =/ eee:burn:

cs01001

HSC
f3nr15 said:
still thats kinda rough tough competition ... everyone for themselves ?
Not everyone, but its a frustrating thing. Put it this way, its kind of like people coming over to knock over the little bit you have built, and stamping on it. Sorry, can't express well....

jest3r

HSC
over9k said:
but i don't care about that since we're not getting tested on yr11 things IN yr12 =/ eee:burn:
actually, in mathematics, work done in the prelim course is assessable in half yearlies, trials, and hsc exam.

i see that you're also doing bio. personally, im finding the hsc topics in bio far more interesting than those in the prelim course, especially the one we're currently doing, 'a search for better health'. so that could be something to look forward to.

ultimately though, make the most of yr 11, because really, you're only competing against your class mates at the moment. next year, you're competing against the entire state.

HSC
year 12 is "easier" in the sense that by the time you get there you will have gotten used to getting lots and lots of assessments and have to hand them all in on one day or something (from year 11). its not as much of a shock from doing zero work in year 10 then starting to have to do some in year 11.

HSC
N/A
Re: Does anyone find YR11 too hard?

over9k said:
i'm just doing all that i need to do.
studying for tests, doing my hw..
nothing more, nothing less.

my notes are really un-organised o_0
Please assure me that you're only joking; for the HSC, and most certainly internal assessments, are based on stuff that's also in the Preliminary course -- for example, in the sciences, they might ask you a question that requires knowledge of something else. I dunno, but that's hypothetically anyway.

More succinctly expressed, HSC stuff is not solely HSC stuff; it's built-up on Preliminary content, too.

over9k

HSC
Re: Does anyone find YR11 too hard?

Lucid Scintilla said:
Please assure me that you're only joking; for the HSC, and most certainly internal assessments, are based on stuff that's also in the Preliminary course -- for example, in the sciences, they might ask you a question that requires knowledge of something else. I dunno, but that's hypothetically anyway.

More succinctly expressed, HSC stuff is not solely HSC stuff; it's built-up on Preliminary content, too.
are chapter summaries good enough? because that's basically the only effective thing i'm doing this year.

over9k

HSC
watatank said:
syllabus dot point summaries are far more effective. but whatever floats your boat.
yep i'm going to do that for my next bio test. =]
plus, there really isn't much i can study for in english & anc history rather than learning to memorise essays, improving essay writing, report writing, source interp, etc

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm finding Year 11 relatively easy at the moment, but I'm expecting it to become busier as time progresses. I do all the work that is required of me, but I still find time for my social life and procrastination :)

Maddy1012

HSC
watatank said:
year 12 is "easier" in the sense that by the time you get there you will have gotten used to getting lots and lots of assessments and have to hand them all in on one day or something (from year 11). its not as much of a shock from doing zero work in year 10 then starting to have to do some in year 11.

I'm in yr 12 and i am still not used to it. I hate it. I have 3 assessments next week and 3 in week ten and they're not spread out either, i have 2 on the same day each week then the next one the day after.. NOT FAIR:mad1:

quilton

HSC
:wave: i wanted to jst drop out all through yr 11! until like term 3 where i got used to it and it was ok...and then yr 12 starts out like yr 11 until u realise how much stuff u gotta do and how u have to step it up quite a bit..but dont be discouraged..itll be worth it. and yr 11 does get easier!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I'm not finding Yr.11 hard, but i am finding the workload (as i do all of the hard subjects) quite burdening.

However, this is due to the fact that i bludge waayy too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)