Does anyone think they messed up choosing subjects? (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Might have done modern instead of business in preliminary...
McDonald's periods before assembly were pretty great though :p
Oh and I should have picked French continuers despite having no experience (they offered it because they didn't run beginners)
You could have had the almighty Mr Sajko!

Do french as an elective at uni :) I'm thinking of doing Chinese... :party:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
hah, I think physics and chem are overrated.
economics and modern scale just as well.
True, just that for most people cramming a textbook and doing lots of multiple choice/short is easier than learning stuff that continually changes (Eco) and writing fucktons of essays and getting ~95.

Also it helps that tutoring is available on every street corner for the 99+ combo. Also generally if you're good at maths you're good at Science. Just saying.

P.S. I do Chem but not Phys, and I do Eco and Modern.

leungz

HSC
very happy with mine, regretted not dropping maths altogether after failing 2 unit preliminary mathematics, glad i dropped business or bitchness studies

HSC 2010:
2U Advanced English :sun:
Extension 1 English:confused:
General Maths:burn:
Ancient History:music:

Modern History:tongue:

Extension History:santa:

Economics:rudolf:

bouncing

HSC
SHOULD NOT HAVE PICKED ECONOMICS :S
for all of you saying oh i wish i picked eco i swear to god you are craszy as fuck.. this is such a boring subject.... with a load of content.. and its so hard D::mad1::bomb::burn:

ps. sorry i am currently in the process of making notes so my view may be partially biased... it is an okay subject once u undersatnd....

kyokaku92

HSC
Chemistry!!! :burn::burn::burn::burn:

Why did I pick this retarded subject in the first place??? If I was back in yr 11 I would've swapped for modern history or japanese continuers

I am amazed people have said Music is a boring subject; you have got to be joking....

Kralex

HSC
SHOULD NOT HAVE PICKED ECONOMICS :S
for all of you saying oh i wish i picked eco i swear to god you are craszy as fuck.. this is such a boring subject.... with a load of content.. and its so hard D::mad1::bomb::burn:

ps. sorry i am currently in the process of making notes so my view may be partially biased... it is an okay subject once u undersatnd....
I would say its a very interesting subject with a load of content. Its fun to talk about and the ever changing scenario keeps the subject fresh.

bouncing

HSC
I would say its a very interesting subject with a load of content. Its fun to talk about and the ever changing scenario keeps the subject fresh.

lol really.. perhaps its cos i didnt pay attention in year 11 eco and last term so i have no idea whats going on... hopefully i can catchup in the nxt 2 weeks......

do you have a good teacher?

Kralex

HSC
lol really.. perhaps its cos i didnt pay attention in year 11 eco and last term so i have no idea whats going on... hopefully i can catchup in the nxt 2 weeks......

Yeah I'd say I have a good teacher. He makes it all interesting and knows the topics well. However, we do a lot of textbook work which is boring but I guess thats what the HSC is, regurgitating the syllabus.

assiduous

HSC

I'm in your position.
I despise this extremely boring subject!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Should never have picked up 3 Unit maths. Should have tried out Extension English. Other than that, pretty damn happy with my subjects.

beardedwoman

HSC
hah, I think physics and chem are overrated.
economics and modern scale just as well.
Economics scales relatively similar, but Modern scales a little bit less... not that scaling should affect what subject you choose though (it evidently affects mine... nobody chooses MX2 out of free will).

shouldn't have picked history
this. Ancient History is torture to me. I drag my feet to class for Ancient History, and sigh heavily when I see my teacher walking towards me and start complaining to my friends about how I regret choosing it. This routine repeats every time I have it.

In the half yearlies, the 25 markers absolutely KILLED me. I couldn't write shit for it, and I think I will blame my school's director of studies. I had Chemistry on the same day as Ancient History, and my attitude towards AHI is attrocious. Naturally I spent all my time on Chemistry and then crammed in an hour for Ancient History.

i like my subjects no regrets
I've been wondering if I'd been better off with Legal Studies. Thinking back, I regret not choosing Legal or even Modern over Ancient History. I think I would've preferred Legal though.

Physics was torture though. I'm glad I didn't even take it up for prelim.

Last edited:

hinalicious

HSC
I take

Chemisty
Biology
Legal std
business std
English stdard
Math 2 unit

I regret taking legal studies, i shouldve taken physics or kept economics instead of changing to legal studies cuz i dont have much good scaling subs:(

1titanic

HSC
umm... I think business studies
Too many content to learn and remember and the others are fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)