Does anyone think they messed up choosing subjects? (1 Viewer)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
I'm in your position.
I despise this extremely boring subject!
Don't worry, it gets better in topic three (very similar to the preliminary course, which I assume you enjoyed [otherwise you would of dropped it, right?]) :)

hinalicious

HSC
umm... I think business studies
Too many content to learn and remember and the others are fine

I think Business is no problem. Theres just some concepts to learn, otherwise its easy to apply the concepts .

P.s its extremely easy to Bullshit in busines ;)
:D

1titanic

HSC
I think Business is no problem. Theres just some concepts to learn, otherwise its easy to apply the concepts .

P.s its extremely easy to Bullshit in busines ;)
:D
Really but everytime the teacher sets hw, I don't get motivated (probably I don't like anything business related) but for other such as chem and pdhpe, I get extremely motivated especially for pdhpe, we learn about motivation and strategies to keep you more relaxed when placed in pressure situations

From this do you like business studies?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Biology, could be the most boring subject I've ever had to endure. Only chose it because Economics wasn't running (not enough people chose it :(). Would've had the best teacher for Economics too.

I do:
Advanced English
Extension 1 Maths
Biology
Physics
Music 1
Engineering Studies

Music can be relatively boring, and same with Engineering Studies, but given the other options for those lines, it's the better choice.

kyokaku92

HSC
Biology, could be the most boring subject I've ever had to endure. Only chose it because Economics wasn't running (not enough people chose it :(). Would've had the best teacher for Economics too.

I do:
Advanced English
Extension 1 Maths
Biology
Physics
Music 1
Engineering Studies

Music can be relatively boring, and same with Engineering Studies, but given the other options for those lines, it's the better choice.
Please don't type such rubbish! :) (the line I highlighted)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Please don't type such rubbish! :) (the line I highlighted)
Hahaha but it's so true! We're doing very basic theory, so that others in the class who didn't do Music in years 9/10 can catch up, way too boring! Prac is always good though haha. :p

s0phhhhx

HSC
should i drop bio or pdhpe next year ?
does pdhpe scale THAT bad ?

hinalicious

HSC
Really but everytime the teacher sets hw, I don't get motivated (probably I don't like anything business related) but for other such as chem and pdhpe, I get extremely motivated especially for pdhpe, we learn about motivation and strategies to keep you more relaxed when placed in pressure situations

Business is an extremely dry subjects maybe thats why you dont feel motivated to study it and therefore dont understand .. But try your best (Y)

hinalicious

HSC

I dont like business. Its boring but i have this thing that I tell myself i HAVE to study it, cuz i kind suck at half my other subjects :p

beardedwoman

HSC
should i drop bio or pdhpe next year ?
does pdhpe scale THAT bad ?
Well, we can't say for sure about whether a subject scales up or down. Over the past 8 or so so years Biology has consistently scaled up, even if slightly (27~) while PDHPE consistently slightly scaled down (23~).

This shouldn't influence what subject you're looking to drop though. You should ask yourself the following questions before dropping:
- How well did you do in the preliminary course for both subjects in comparison to each other?
- Is it possible for you to maintain, or improve, your ranks for the HSC year?
- Which subject do you enjoy more?

Whether you enjoy a course or not definitely needs to be considered - do not overlook this. It is a fact that you will do better in subjects you enjoy, and I can account for this. Ancient History is my least favourite subject, and so I put all my other subjects before it. Consequently, I also happen to struggle with it the most.

1titanic

HSC
I dont like business. Its boring but i have this thing that I tell myself i HAVE to study it, cuz i kind suck at half my other subjects :p
Yep too many theory
Lol I'm opposite to you where for all my other subjects I do better than business studies

s0phhhhx

HSC
Well, we can't say for sure about whether a subject scales up or down. Over the past 8 or so so years Biology has consistently scaled up, even if slightly (27~) while PDHPE consistently slightly scaled down (23~).

This shouldn't influence what subject you're looking to drop though. You should ask yourself the following questions before dropping:
- How well did you do in the preliminary course for both subjects in comparison to each other?
- Is it possible for you to maintain, or improve, your ranks for the HSC year?
- Which subject do you enjoy more?

Whether you enjoy a course or not definitely needs to be considered - do not overlook this. It is a fact that you will do better in subjects you enjoy, and I can account for this. Ancient History is my least favourite subject, and so I put all my other subjects before it. Consequently, I also happen to struggle with it the most.

Thanks for the advice :)
ill keep it in mind this year.
what does 23~ and 27~ mean ?

beardedwoman

HSC
UAI Mark basically.
A result of 25 indicates an average and does not scale up or down.
Anything >25 scales up.
Anything <25 scales down.

Biology UAI mark for the past 5 years starting with 2005:
26.7, 26.9, 26.9, 26.9, 26.8

PDHPE UAI mark for the past 5 years starting with 2005:
23.4, 23.3, 23.3, 23.4, 23.3

That was just for your information. Please don't let this sway you in favour for Biology or something. As I said, it ultimately comes down to how interested you are in each subject, and how well you end up doing in comparison to your school's cohort.

minty388

HSC
why did I choose bio in my prelim year?? I did it, knowing taht i'd drop it, and i HATED every minute of it

wish id chosen something fun like pe or dt that would have been a bludge

oh well

love my HSC subjects :)

GTwin

HSC
Hospitality was the worst decision I made last year- so boring!!! Lucky I could drop it. But free sessions can be so boring too. At least with Hospitality I got some food at the end...

DefinitelyHope

HSC
N/A
Wish i had picked legal studies and international studies instead of economics and studio.

randomr

HSC
i regret taking 3 unit during prelim i should of picked ext english....oh and i also regret dropping DNT
but i like all my other subjects :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)