• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

HotShot

-_-
HSC
physician said:
Once again, ur re-doing what sparked my first retalliation!

U bluntly stated "not only Islam even Idol worshipping was created by man..."

Yet, once again, where's ur evidence? How do u know this?

This is ur opinion, and i respect that, but u cant simply say that Islam, and all other religions were created by man! especially without evidence!
my evidence is based on human nature, that nature of writing books, making movies dramas, poems etc. This typically very humane to write novels, introduce laws, and restrictions. For example in the roman times, everything was written by men, take the aborgines believed to be first human race on earth, they drew picture, symbols etc.

Thus the quran/bible etc seems to be a very human nature, as in human elemental. Books, laws poetry warfare are all human characteristics and are naturally within humans, Of course each human has their own style and can be influenced by other humans and things. My points writing books is very human and has been since we existed.

I dont know if you can this evidence, but it definitely is a characteristics of humans!

gerhard

HSC
has anyone seen godels god proof?

P(psi) P is "positive"
G(x) x have the property God
ess. essential
E existing
• (bullet) Necessary

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Lundy said:
I'm not talking about the messages of love and compassion. That's all fine and dandy. The notion that god himself dictated this stuff is not common sense.
i dont know what to say, the whole topic here is 'DOes God exist". and here you are assuming he does and putting something forward that really i nothin to comment on,apart from NO.

There is little to talk about on your topic, or i dont understand which language you are speaking.

gerhard

HSC
nah i cant understand it at all. just thought it was funny.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
veterandoggy said:
well, how can we even attempt to understand something if it isnt following a characteristic that we know about?
exactly, i am saying god too is human characteristic something that humans need to believes in, to answers science's questions - that is to say humans made it up.

if newton could come with the notion of gravity and get us to understand it, then why cant a normal human being create religion like chrisitanity?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
veterandoggy said:
well, how can we even attempt to understand something if it isnt following a characteristic that we know about?
exactly, i am saying god too is human characteristic something that humans need to believes in, to answers science's questions - that is to say humans made it up.

if newton could come with the notion of gravity and get us to understand it, then why cant a normal human being create religion like chrisitanity?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
i dont know what to say, the whole topic here is 'DOes God exist". and here you are assuming he does and putting something forward that really i nothin to comment on,apart from NO.

There is little to talk about on your topic, or i dont understand which language you are speaking.

what the fuck are you on about?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
Because aliens are silly fantasies whereas god makes a whole lot of logical sense. The bible/quran says so. Duh.
umm, how so? Maybe aliens are such an advances species , they created us and are feeding our minds with information about everything, while they monitor to our responses? we are just hooked up to a machine , like in the matrix. makes sence and can easily substitute the idea of god.

gerhard

HSC
im seriously so lost here. i think athiests are debating athiests about whether or not god exists.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
gerhard said:
im seriously so lost here. i think athiests are debating athiests about whether or not god exists.
haha yeh . i think she was being sarcastic, and i didnt know untill i read back her posts.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Lundy said:

what the fuck are you on about?
THATs exactly what i want to ask you, but since our communication between us seems to be like, i speak in german and u speak in french,,,

Lundy

Banned
HSC
SashatheMan said:
haha yeh . i think she was being sarcastic, and i didnt know untill i read back her posts.
The day I start babbling about how the bible is god's word and jesus is my personal saviour, please shoot me.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gerhard said:
has anyone seen godels god proof?

P(psi) P is "positive"
G(x) x have the property God
ess. essential
E existing
• (bullet) Necessary
That's some fucked up maths :/ I stopped understanding the notation on the second line.

gerhard

HSC
Ive seen it written out in english and its just an unintelligable.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's a much more complex argument, i've looked into it since u posted it up and there are several problems with it that have been corrected etc, but there are still debates over it...

I'm not sure how it will relate to proving the existance of the christian/muslim god tho, even if there is a creator why does he give a shit about humans...etc etc

Not that i'm willing to conceed the argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)